“Dated Room + Hallway Decor”

Westin Toronto Airport
Ranked #51 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Dated Room + Hallway Decor”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I travel a fair amount, and this hotel is not worth the price. Wallpaper in hallways was dated and coming loose from walls. Poor wifi services, and pay-for-use of the business service center computers.

You would be better off at the Four Points down the street.

Positives: front desk staff nice and helpful. Ample parking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fireworkermb
WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hello Fireworkerbm, thank you for your review. We are pleased to mention that we are actually working on a renovation for our guest hallways and will be replacing both wallpaper and carpet in the coming months. In addition, we recently changed our wifi to offer complimentary limited services and you can always upgrade to faster speeds if required for a nominal fee. Your next stay with us will be renewing.

Regards
Marsha Ray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
dartouth
Reviewed 17 March 2014

There is nothing wrong with this hotel it is very close to the airport but nothing is within walking distance . The little food store in the hotel is very expencive the water is 3.50 for a 500ml bottle and there is not water in the rooms. On the bright side the have lime water in a cooler and hot cider...very nice

Room Tip: close to the airport
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank You karen c. We are glad that you enjoyed the lemon lime water, and the hot cider. I'm sorry to hear that you didn’t have bottled water in your room, we do offer 1 bottle complimentary in each of our rooms. We're sure your next stay will have everything you're looking for.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

They charge through the nines for everything - just down the street at other airport hotels you get free internet, free parking, and a coffee for less than $5 The internet is free - kind off, boots you off every hour and not fast enough to watch videos.

Other than that it is a nice place. The bed was super comfortable, some staff was helpful

Very few options at breakfast for people who eat gluten free (which is more and more every day)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for acknowledging our clean and comfortable facilities. We appreciate the nice comment on our friendly and helpful staff. We are glad that you enjoyed a relaxing nights sleep in our Westin Heavenly Beds. Our hotel does have options for free internet in our guest rooms. We also have discounted rates that include parking. Please contact me directly for any future reservations and we will ensure your needs are met.

Labrador
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had just arrived into Toronto to find I had missed my connection and at 2:00 am I was left looking for accommodation. After trying severval hotels and two taxi cab fares later I was lucky to be directed to the Westin Bristol and even luckier to be greeted by the gentleman at the the front desk. He booked me into a lovely room, provided me with a late check-out, and a complimentary breakfast, and then gave me a great price on the room. I thanked him for a lovely ending to what had been a horrific day and it was then that I realized his name was Lucky.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for the great comments on the service you received at our hotel. I am so glad Lucky was able to assist you and make your day better. Lucky will be thrilled to see this wonderful feedback. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've stayed in many hotels and have never written a review. But I had to this time. I had a wonderful stay at the Westin! The hotel is incredibly clean, spacious, and well decorated. I requested a room facing the airport and the staff allowed me to change my room twice, at no charge, to accommodate my wish. They also allowed me a late check-out upon request. I was pleasantly surprised at how great the service was considering I booked through hotwire and didn't pay full price. Great staff! Very accommodating! Wonderful stay! Comfortable beds! Awesome view of the airport! Loved every minute :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It is heartwarming to read your comments about our hotel and staff. I am so glad that our staff were able to accommodate your needs and make your stay memorable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We spent the night here between flights. I got a really good deal on Priceline so I wasn't overly concerned, as long as the room was clean, I'm happy sort of thing. We were pleasantly surprised. It is an older property and as a result the lobby and lobby bar exude a certain old world, dark wood paneling kind of charm. The lobby is large and open. The bar, a perfect place for snacks and a drink. We also ate at the restaurant. Food was good, service was great.

The room was very nice. The Westin mattress and linens etc were divine lol and very comfortable. The room was also updated and clean as was the bathroom.

Overall a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so happy your stay with us was better than expected. Our luxurious Westin Heavenly Beds are renewing and leave you dreaming ...we hope to see you more often.

londesborough, ontario
Reviewed 12 March 2014

we left Toronto to cuba at 645am so we started our vacation at the westin a day early. got a great room at a great price, had a great relaxed sleep before boarding the plane. thank you westin. we cant wait to do it again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am glad to hear that you left for vacation and enjoyed the sun and beaches in Cuba after a renewing nights sleep in our Heavenly Beds. We cannot wait to welcome you back.

Marsha Ray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 133 in Toronto

Been to Westin Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!