“Property is great. Had an odd experience however.”

Westin Toronto Airport
Ranked #51 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Property is great. Had an odd experience however.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The property is what you'd expect from a Westin. Clean, roomy, great toiletries, etc. The property itself, is "very good' or "excellent".

Here is the bizarre part. I had an early flight, but was getting to sleep late. Maximum 4.5hrs sleep. Called for a wake up call as back up to my mobile alarm for 4:35am. The dialogue went as follows

gentleman at the front desk, "Could you do 4:30am?"
"pardon me?"
front desk, "could you do a 4:30am wake up call?"
"no, I want a 4;35am wake up"
front desk, "what's 5 minutes?"
"not much in the grand scheme of things, but if there isn't a technological reason for not waking me up at 4;35am then 4;35am it is. Thank you.
front desk, "I'll call at 4;35am"

What time does he personally ring my room? 4:29. Now, 6mins isn't a big deal, that is true. But when you're running on 4hrs sleep, the 6mins placebo effect seems to make a difference. Regardless, this is not the customer service I expect from a Westin. Bizarre. Particularly when the rest of the staff was great: young lady at check in, shuttle driver to airport. Both were above and beyond Westin standards. Just can't get my head around this fellow.

Dear Westin Bristol Manager:

I checked in on July 24th, departed on the 25th.
Didn't get the fellow's name at the front desk, as I was so p**ssed off. By the laws of deduction, you can figure it out. Again, the young lady who checked me late on the 24th was excellent, as was the shuttle driver on the early AM run on the 25th.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Babic072
WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Babic072, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that one encounter tainted your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience and will follow up with the associate personally. Thank you for your kind words about the person who checked you in and the shuttle driver. We hope to welcome you back for a seamless stay in the future.

Marsha Ray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I arrived late, tired and ready for bed. I checked-in and Lucky (Front Desk Professional) took care of everything! Super nice and very professional. I was in my room 5 minutes later and fast asleep. Great service!!!

Room Tip: High floor gives you a better view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Pete P
WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for the terrific comments about Lucky. We are proud to have him as part of our team happy to see that he made your stay memorable.

General Manger
Rogers
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is modern and up to date. The employees are kind and helpful. The rooms are large sized with very comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet was the best I've ever had. Their website advertised a outdoor pool which it doesn't have and the indoor was cold. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for recommending our hotel. We appreciate the nice comments about our staff and facilities. We hope to welcome you back for another peaceful nights sleep in our Westin Heavenly beds and full buffet breakfast when you awake.

Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at The Westin Bristol Place Airport Hotel prior to leaving for an early flight the next day.
A friend had managed to book me in very quickly that day. Although parking may be on the more expensive side it is literally about 5 minutes drive away from Pearson Airport Terminals and one HELL of a lot less expensive than Terminal 3 parking (which I ended up having to park in).
Rooms are extremely clean and comfortable, water is complimentary (surprised now at how many place it isn't), and despite my late check in that night staff on hand were friendly and informative.
The king size bed had to be one of the best features along with every channel on tv you could imagine in case you can't sleep, although not a problem in these beds. So comfy I almost slept in too late for my check in!
Conveniently located near the airport, great views and beds, definitely a thumbs up for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Astar74, thank you for the wonderful comments. Our Westin Heavenly beds are certainly comfortable and luxurious. We have great rates for parking, convenient location and hope to welcome you back for another blissful nights stay.

michigan
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a clean and nice hotel with free parking for up to 15 days! The shuttle is easy to use to get back and forth to the airport. The staff is friendly. It is within easy walk of a couple of other restaurants if you want to eat outside of the hotel. I would recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We hope that you had a wonderful trip and are glad that you enjoyed your park and fly stay with us. Thank you for the kind words about our service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and were very pleased with the location, level of service, comfort and cleanliness of the room, and the complimentary shuttle service provided. Our package included two weeks parking on site, and the airport is only a few minutes shuttle transfer. We were picked up within a reasonable time when we called for a pick up. We will definitely consider this hotel for our next trip when an overnight stay is needed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Don B
WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Rathne, we hope to see you stopover when you travel next. Thank you for the great comments about our Service, convenient location. We have the best rates for parking, and look forward to your next stay with us.

Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed one night due to a late flight into Toronto airport. It's possible I was put in the worst room in the place - right across from the elevator. Room was small, as was the dated bathroom. There were burn marks on the furniture and carpet...? Not at all what I have come to expect from Starwood properties or the Westin brand. I can't comment on the food or other amenities, other than the fitness area - which wasn't bad (liked the cold towels). Staff were polite but not particularly friendly or helpful. With all the airport hotels nearby, I would try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
BT2007, we are so sorry that your stay was disappointing. Our staff is normally very accommodating, and we typically receive many positive accolades about our team. We do hope that you give us another opportunity to win back your loyalty. Please email me directly if you book with us again and we will ensure that your room is checked prior to arrival. We look forward to serving you better.

Marsha Ray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 133 in Toronto

Been to Westin Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!