“A tired old Westin...”

Ranked #51 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver
“A tired old Westin...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip.

Lets start with the good.

1) super close to YYZ and convenient access to the 427S for getting onto the major freeways
2) surprisingly quiet, being so close to a major airport
3) Keg restaurant across the street for only real food option

The bad:

1) its really old and tired
2) awful curb appeal, parking lot beat to hell, pot holes every where
3) entry/exit machine from parking lot barely works
4) did I say its old and tired?

Advice, good for one night, but there are so many other newer places nearby...

I wont be back anytime soon...

Room Tip: ask for the side away from the airport
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank deanguest
WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback, and we are currently in the stages of upgrading the property, as we recognize there are areas that are tired. After a very difficult winter, we did also experience a lot of weather damage to our parking lot, which is being fixed and worked on during these warmer months. We are actually not on the flight path, and I agree we do have some wonderful restaurant options all within walking distance, and with our complimentary 24 hour shuttle, our location is ideal. I do hope that you will give us another chance to win back your trust and loyalty, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance with any future reservations.

Be Well, Be Westin
Marsha Ray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Windsor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here for the pure reason of picking up people at the airport. Decided to make a night of it and went to Wonderland which is fairly close to the hotel. It was a great hotel which by chance I used priceline and ended up with this property as the hotel that accepted my price. Very spacious rooms and the property is huge. I did not get use the pool as it was closed by the time I had arrived. The front desk was quick to check me in. My only issues with this property is parking is $18.00 and you have to pay for wifi which really surprised me. I might stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Casinoboy
WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you so much for posting your comments about your stay, we hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Toronto, or even Wonderland! We do charge for parking, as do the other hotels in the airport, however we do have rates that include parking if you would like to contact the hotel directly for more information.

Be well, be Westin
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We requested an early check in and the hotel was able to grant the request. Accessible parking was available (counted four spots near the rear entrance) and check in was quick, friendly, and efficient. Never had to wait long for an elevator and floors of hallways were clean. Also noticed room service trays and other odds and ends were quickly removed from hallways. Yes, the hotel could use a freshening up but everything is clean and tidy and the furniture is solid. For me, that is much more important than scratches on a desk or the odd stain from a guest dropping food or drinks on the floor. Bedding and the beds are spotless and comfortable in the usual Westin tradition. The upgraded rooms offer plenty of space for a chesterfield which is the perfect spot to watch planes landing and taking off at the airport. I have stayed in other airport hotels in the area where you are directly under flight paths. This is not the case here and any noise from jets is well-muted. Did have a small problem with the parking - for some reason my guest card would not open the gates. However, the front desk supplied some exit cards which worked fine. Room service was quick and efficient and the food very tasty and very well presented. We also took advantage of the breakfast buffet. Again, food was first-rate and presentation was excellent (try the individual poached eggs on a bed of shredded potatoes).
The electronic guest bill was available before we checked out and the room was quiet at night. I tend to be a picky person and expect good value for the dollars I spend. This is one of the stays where everything was excellent. I know I`ve enjoyed a stay when I`m not in a rush to get back home again. One last point, I noticed there was a portable fan in the closet - that is a great touch !!

Room Tip: An airport view, with Mississauga in the background, is spectacular.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you so much for posting the details of your stay, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the aspects of the Westin Bristol Place, and I agree, our food quality is excellent and our culinary team takes great pride in everything that they do. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We used the Westin Brisotl as an overnight stop on our way to Europe. The Westin shuttle was convenient and the beds were perfect . One thing that may seem small , but was much appreciated was the icy water with fruit by the desk, after a long flight it was exactly what we needed.

Room Tip: Booked though Hotwire great prices provided.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback about your stay, we offer a dedicated complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, making your journey a little smoother. Our Westin Heavenly Beds are always a favorite, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Let me first say- had it not been for the extremely friendly staff, this hotel would have earned 1 star. I booked this hotel because of the Westin name. I figured I'd be staying in a nice hotel, that's clean and up to date- I could not be any more wrong.

I arrived in Toronto and was picked up by the complimentary airport shuttle with a very nice driver. We arrived back at the hotel quickly, I walked into the lobby which was actually fairly luxurious looking, and I wandered over to the front desk to check in. The front desk manager was friendly and helpful, he gave me my room key and I hopped on the elevator. The "pleasant experience" with this hotel ended as soon as the elevator doors opened to my floor..

The rugs were stained and dirty. The walls were not painted with scratches and holes in them- it looked like no one had been on that floor in years and that is was under construction but never finished. If it was actually under construction, a simple "pardon our appearance" sign or a heads up from the front desk would have helped.. but again, I don't think it was. I slid my key into the door, but it didn't matter because the door was actually already open? As far as the furnishings of the room they were extremely average. My television remote did not work. A light to the bathroom went out as soon as I turned it on, and the bathroom was small and just felt dirty.

Overall, unless they made some serious changes to this hotel- I would not stay there again. I'm just thankful I only had to stay the one night there, otherwise I honestly would have changed hotels. There are plenty of others in the area that I'm sure are much nicer and even more affordable. I'm embarrassed for the Westin brand that this hotel even bares the name, especially coming from a Starwood Preferred Guest.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport are louder due to the planes taking off.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KevRitch
WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
KevRitch, Thank you for your kind words about our shuttle and front office staff. We are in the process of making improvements to our guest room corridors and carpets. We hope to welcome you back to a refreshed look soon.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Spent 3 nights at this hotel and really enjoyed it. Our guest room was much larger than I expected it to be which was great since there were 3 adults in the room. Beds were so comfortable! Despite being close to the airport we were not disturbed by any airplane noise. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant but we really did enjoy the complimentary fruit infused water that was available in the lobby. Lots of restaurants in the immediate area to choose from. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and slept well in our heavenly beds. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed one night and I will book all my airport stays with them and I'm glad I picked this hotel.love it and breakfast was also excellent , staff is very curious and management called my room must say you won't find to many better places.

• Stayed August 2014
WestinBPH, General Manager at Westin Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Rob D thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments. I am glad that our staff took good care of you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Westin... For A Better You
Marsha Ray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 132 in Toronto

Been to Westin Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!