“Airport hotel with reasonable rates”

Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Ranked #70 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Sudbury, Canada
“Airport hotel with reasonable rates”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed here in the fall and booked again for another stay in February. On this most recent visit, only one person was working at the front desk when we arrived; he was waiting on a customer and there was another person in line before me. I was starting to get impatient when close to 10 minutes had gone by and the hotel employee was still with the same customer. He never acknowledged us at all during this long wait nor did he try and call anyone for help. I was pleased when another employee arrived – Rafal. He was very efficient…got us checked in quickly, went over the hotel information, booked us our shuttle to the airport, and booked a wake-up call for us.
In comparison to many of the large hotels on the airport strip, the Carlingview is fairly small; it’s only three storeys high, but the rates are reasonable and the rooms have all been renovated recently. There is a 24-hour shuttle to the airport; you book your time in advance with the front desk staff and just show up in the lobby at the designated time. When you return, there is a number that you call from the airport and the shuttle picks you up. We had no problem with this service on either of our stays here.
Food wise, the hotel is adjacent to a Mr. Greek Restaurant, and it was nice not to have to walk outside or drive anywhere looking for a place to have dinner. There is coffee and muffins/pastries available in the lobby from 3 a.m. to 9 a.m. I was surprised to see the muffins and pastries in large cardboard boxes (which seemed to be how they were delivered to the hotel from CoffeeTime); no tongs were in sight, the food was not covered in any way, and the napkins were across the room near the coffee. When I came back to the lobby a few hours later, the boxes were gone and the muffins/pastries were in a case right next to the coffee and tea, so I am assuming that the staff had just not had time to put out the food properly earlier in the morning.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nickelcitygirl
James W, Director of Sales at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking time for writing a review; we appreciate your feedback and comments. Your feedback will be shared with our team and will use it to effect improvements.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With warmest regards,

Area Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Palmerston, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We booked this as a park & fly in Jan 2014. The room was fine, check in efficient. Parking lot is just down the road. about 5 min walk. We took shuttle from the hotel and also back to hotel on return and walked to get vehicle. Much preferred to using the Parking Lot shuttle.

The room was your standard hotel room, beds ok. Nothing outstanding. Some noise in the hall and also could hear planes taking off before midnight.

It was nice to have muffins and hot beverages available at 3:30am. Much appreciated.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking time to write a review; we really appreciate it. I will share your comments with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport.

Calabasas, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel used to be a fair place to stay, wow has it gone downhill. Elevator didn't work, the front desk gives you a piece of paper with you parking instructions on it. You take your car to park and fly across the road and the you wait and wait for their shuttle bus. And the same when you return.
The front desk staff is rude, the person in the morning is fine.
All you can smell in the lobby and first floor is tobacco smoke.

This is the first time I have had to write a bad review

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jan C
James_wu, Director of Sales at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Jan C;
Thank you for taking your own personal time to review your recent stay at the Hotel Carlingview. I am very sorry to hear of the challenges you encountered and that you felt the service was not as it was. Our goal is to make sure all our guests have a positive experience and we did not do this on your stay. We will review each one of your points with all our team and work on ways of improving going forward. We do a great volume of stay and fly business and with the promotions we offer we do use lots that are adjacent to the property. Once again I am sorry and please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.
Area Director of Sales & Marketing
Parry Sound, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2014

After waiting outside the airport for 35min. in -12C for our shuttle bus to the off-site hotel parking...we abruptly ended a most enjoyable holiday to this unfortunate situation. The hotel was just okay, a bed to sleep in before an early flight. There are better hotels near the airport, with on-site parking, & with regular airport pickups ...so check with your travel agent!
Too bad to have to freeze in the cold so long after a relaxing vacation south.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maryv55
James_wu, Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear maryv55;
Thank you for taking your time to review your experience at the Hotel Carlingview. I am very sorry that your Stay & Fly experience was not up to your expectations. Our hotel does a large volume of stay and fly business with many repeat guests who have been staying for years because of the service and value of our packages. Our team will review all of your points so we can look at opportunities to improve on our service. Once again I am sorry we do want all of guests to have a great experience. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.
Boston, MA
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My flight was canceled due to snow storm and I had to find a place to stay for the night. The airline company gave me a number to call for hotels so you can get a discount due to the weather situation. This one was the cheapest one we could find close to the airport ($91 CAN). My first complain is that my husband tried to book the hotel for me as I was still at the airport and they told him that he couldn’t do that because they have to use my credit card and not his which is very stupid and not very accommodating. There is a bus shuttle between the hotel and the airport to make it easy.

I got a room on the first floor, which is a non-smoking area but the hallway leading to the rooms had a strong old cigarette smell. The room was clean (even though I found a little bug) and the bed comfortable. They also offer free wifi, which I think it’s only for 24 hours, not sure. Downside: when I asked where I can get drinking water instead of that bottle that was in the room (that I already tried in another hotel and didn’t like), the front desk guy told me that I can drink the one from the tap. And I also asked for milk which they don’t have even for the coffee. Breakfast is really boring, consisting only of coffee and tea with muffins and some pastries; the sign said that breakfast is from 6 – 10 am but found out it was only until 9 am or if you’re lucky 9:30 am.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eritsha
James W, Director of Sales at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking time to write a review and provide us with your feedback.

With regard to using your husband's credit card to pay, I am sorry to hear of your challenges however we abide by rules and regulations set out by the financial institutions, like all other retail business, we are unable to process anyone else's credit card for payment without an official written consent.

Thank you for your other comments, which I will share with our team to impact improvements. Please reach out to us directly if we can be of any assistance.

Have a wonderful day.

James Wu.
London, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Booked here for the park and fly. Upon arriving at the hotel had to prepay for everything since we were staying at the end of our vacation. We then had to follow the shuttle bus to a fenced yard that was not by the hotel. It was not even a proper parking lot. Upon our return to Toronto at 4 a.m., called the hotel as instructed for pick-up. Was told the bus would be there right away. After a 35 minute wait, in -26 weather, a shuttle driver from another hotel picked us up since we had been waiting so long. When we got to the hotel, my husband had to take the hotel shuttle (which had never made it to the airport ) to the parking lot and dig out our car while I did the check-in. The man at the front desk claimed that their hotel shuttle driving claimed that no-one was waiting for him at the airport when he went by however we stood outside at the pick-up as soon as I called the hotel. Was then informed the elevator was out of order (and had been for a week according to the maid). We had to get a security guard to help carry our luggage to our room. Elevator still our of order when we left. Room was fine but the rest of the experience with this place was less than satisfactory.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank testrun
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking time to write a review, and I appreciate your feedback. I will review your comments with our team to impact improvement.

Please reach out to us if we can be of any assistance.

Have a wonderful day.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed at Carlingview for a Pre-Flight stay, Check in was quick and smooth, Given all the information about the hotel, the airport shuttle, breakfast and how to get access to the pool at the property next door.

Its a basic airport hotel nothing fancy but serves its purpose just fine, Airport shuttle was prompt and on-time, driver was friendly helped with bags and everything.

The rooms were clean bed was comfortable rooms were a little warm hard to get the heating and cooling unit to temperature you liked but not a big deal.

There is Greek restaurant downstairs, we had dinner there food was good no complaints!

1 week of parking was included which is great alot of times you can stay the night and park there for less than just parking at Park N Fly or the Airport however the only downfall here is the parking is off site in a back lot that is a little sketchy but it is fenced and gated my car was there for 8 days no issues.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking time to write a review, and your feedback. I really appreciate your comments and will forward your feedback to our team.

Please reach out to us if we can be of any assistance.

Area Director of Sales and Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel
#68 of 136 in Toronto
Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Comfort Hotel Airport North
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!