We stayed here in the fall and booked again for another stay in February. On this most recent visit, only one person was working at the front desk when we arrived; he was waiting on a customer and there was another person in line before me. I was starting to get impatient when close to 10 minutes had gone by and the hotel employee was still with the same customer. He never acknowledged us at all during this long wait nor did he try and call anyone for help. I was pleased when another employee arrived – Rafal. He was very efficient…got us checked in quickly, went over the hotel information, booked us our shuttle to the airport, and booked a wake-up call for us.
In comparison to many of the large hotels on the airport strip, the Carlingview is fairly small; it’s only three storeys high, but the rates are reasonable and the rooms have all been renovated recently. There is a 24-hour shuttle to the airport; you book your time in advance with the front desk staff and just show up in the lobby at the designated time. When you return, there is a number that you call from the airport and the shuttle picks you up. We had no problem with this service on either of our stays here.
Food wise, the hotel is adjacent to a Mr. Greek Restaurant, and it was nice not to have to walk outside or drive anywhere looking for a place to have dinner. There is coffee and muffins/pastries available in the lobby from 3 a.m. to 9 a.m. I was surprised to see the muffins and pastries in large cardboard boxes (which seemed to be how they were delivered to the hotel from CoffeeTime); no tongs were in sight, the food was not covered in any way, and the napkins were across the room near the coffee. When I came back to the lobby a few hours later, the boxes were gone and the muffins/pastries were in a case right next to the coffee and tea, so I am assuming that the staff had just not had time to put out the food properly earlier in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport is a well appointed, comfortable non-branded hotel offering value without compromises. Whether staying for a day or a few days, you can expect warm hospitality, friendly guest services team, a clean environment and amenities you have come to expect like free high speed wifi throughout the hotel, complimentary breakfast pastries and coffee/tea in the lobby and in some guest rooms, microwave and mini-fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlingview Airport Hotel
- Carlingview Airport Toronto
- Carlingview Hotel Toronto