“Cheaper on hotel travel com” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Ranked #111 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“Cheaper on hotel travel com”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

20 minutes from the airport, fee shuttle and rooms are standard quality. Calling the hotel it was 99 dolars , I've booked thru trip advisor that redirected me to hotel travel for 50 dollars .
Room was clean, é ought clean towels, tv etc. Comparable to a days inn.

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for 2 days. Read Tripadvisor reviews and was apprehensive but was surprised at finding my experiences to be mostly positive. Easily accessible to 401 freeway.
Amenities adequate, staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are quite even though the hotel is close to freeway and airport.
Rooms are inexpensive.
Had a problem with heating which was promptly fixed. Next room guests were noisy and partying after midnight but became quite after I called the front desk.

Was surprised to find the handicap parking occupied by cars without a handicap sticker. When I notified the night front desk crew they acted promptly and contacted all the cars owners and the parking spaces were vacated. The same happened the next day, but this time the morning staff did not do anything and just confirmed that it is a problem......

Room Tip: stay at an upper floor. It is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Burlington, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We chose this hotel strictly based on the fact that it had free parking & a shuttle to the airport. We used Hotwire and paid $70. As we were only going to be in the room for a short period of time, as we were flying out of Pearson thought the hotel would suffice. When we checked in we were informed that as we booked with Hotwire the parking was not free for the week ... and we'd have to pay $60 to leave the car at the hotel. Decided instead to use Park & Fly, as Park & Fly lot is fenced and secured, and the hotel parking lot wasn't. Room was old and tired, TV old style tube TV, restaurant in the hotel had no patrons when we checked it out at dinner time (we ordered pizza instead), not impressed with front desk service, and a 2:30 am wake up call came at 11:00 pm. Would not recommend or return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank luv2travel805
Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We booked this hotel thinking that it would be a reasonable hotel to stay at for an overnight between flights out of Toronto. First -- it is a long long way from the airport and therefore the shuttles are a long time in between trips. It would cost a fortune to take a cab from the airport to the hotel due to the distance. The lobby of the hotel is very old and run down. The room was a bit better but certainly does not look like the pictures in their web page. I would definately not stay at this hotel again nor would I recommend it to anyone. I was very disappointed with the star rating on this hotel as it does not warrant as high as it shows.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Belfast & Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I paid $79.80 inc tax for this 3* Hotwire rated hotel. In my view the bedroom decor furnishings bed linen etc & television are very dated. Almost "sad/tired". So bleak that I didn't even unpack. I just left about an hour after checkin - I didn't even check out via reception. Maybe the room wasn't typical of their product. Perhaps I was awarded a 'lesser' room as it was via a Hotwire / discount site. If this is the case, I'd remind this hotel management team that one only gets once chance of a first impression.

Considering that a few days before, I paid $92 inc tax for the delightful 4* Wyndham Bristol hotel a stones throw from the same airport......

Also, It's further from the airport than I expected.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I booked this hotel because I didn't want to park at the airport and the website said parking included. However when I arrived the parking lot was a 10min drive away and then a shuttle back to the hotel. The room was adequate however I waited an hour and a half for room service. They apologized and thankfully the food was very good. The vending machines weren't working and I had to go to the bar to get a bottle of water. The 'breakfast to go' they offer is a piece of fruit and yogurt, which I thought was a little disappointing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Darp72
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while I was in town for meetings. Paid $45/night+tx, and I’d say it was worth the money – but just barely. Quite basic, and the location was crummy in that there are no restaurants or anything around, unless you like hanging out under the 401 or roaming around construction wastelands. They have an airport shuttle but I took the train to Union Station so didn’t use it.

The first night I wanted to have a cold drink, but good luck finding ice! I was on the seventh floor, and the machine didn’t work. I didn’t see one on the eighth, so figured it was every other floor. Went up to the 9th, out of order. Down to the 5th, and found you can’t exit the stairwell or elevator as there’s police tape everywhere. Someone probably died waiting for ice. I went up to the 11th, no ice machine. I finally gave up and tried to call the front desk, and after about 30 rings, I hung up. I guess you get what you pay for, but they should probably change the name of this hotel! I called a half hour later, and finally got someone, who confirmed there are no functioning ice machines in the building, but I could check with their restaurants and they “might have some.” No guarantee that I wouldn’t have to pay for it though. Nice.

The second night we had a fire alarm at like 4:30 AM. Not the hotel’s fault though; a guest decided to smoke in their room. I was feeling grumpy about being awake at that time (at least we were allowed to stand in the lobby, not outside!) until I heard one couple say to another, “Good morning, newlyweds!” I had seen signage the previous day about a wedding taking place. Okay, it doesn’t seem so bad for me when their wedding night was interrupted!

One of the lights on my room had had the switch broken off so it was quite dark at night. Part of the room’s charm, I suppose?

The soundproofing is terrible. I heard my neighbours, including loud twentysomethings at midnight who decided that was an appropriate time of day to start a party. The beds were good and comfy though.

No complimentary continental breakfast. At least they had wifi! They have a restaurant, which I did not patronize but heard was decent.

Otherwise, it was fine. If you want a cheap “no frills” stay, this hotel fits the bill.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business