“Simply average but can be good value” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Ranked #111 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Central Ontario
“Simply average but can be good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed for just a night, not a vacation, more of a moving daughter to Toronto sort of thing. So, needed 2 rooms, got an amazing deal at hotwire...taxes and fees worked out to $68 per room...so, amazing deal. Rooms are clean, hotel is clean. However, it is very outdated...everything is tired...from the carpets, to the wallpaper, lame pictures on wall, and worst of all the beds...not very comfortable but not terrible either. So, just for a night for a clean place to sleep, convenient as it is right beside the 401 not far from the airport and a strip of restaurants near the airport (<10 min drive), great value.
If you are looking to be pampered, or a nice romantic weekend, or a fun hotel for the kids...this is not the place (no pool either). But great price, free ample parking, cleanliness was fine, check in was friendly...go for it for a night of two of just needing a roof over your head.

Room Tip: Suggest a room not facing Islington Ave.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here last October and was content (see my previous review), however this time around not so much. I was booked into a smoking room by my employer because there were apparently no non-smoking rooms left. Not my preference, however normally I would not complain about a little residue of smoke. This room (416) however was disgusting. It wasn't just the carpet, furniture, curtains, the smell had saturated the bed and pillows as well. All of my belongings smelled of smoke when I checked out. The entire floor smelled of smoke as I guess it would, but it seemed overpowering. Please understand that I realize this is designated a smoking room on a smoking floor, however I figure the hotel would do a little more to air out the rooms, or at least some febreeze! Thankfully my concern was dealt with and I was given a non-smoking room for my second night's stay. So I was pleased my concern was dealt with.

I had forgotten the charger for my Android, and I called the front desk to ask if they might have an extra one I could borrow and was told "no, I'm afraid not". However, I cornered one of the housekeepers in the hallway who was able to take me to the housekeeping supervisor who had one I could borrow. Kudos to the housekeeping staff! Too bad the front desk couldn't have been more accomodating rather than a dismissive "no, I'm afraid not". C'mon, ever major hotel has dozens of guests leave chargers behind each year, isn't that a well known fact in the industry? Front desk should have transferred me to housekeeping right of the bat.

My low overall rating this time was also due to a couple other issues: the automatic buttons to access housekeeping and room service did not work on either phone in either of my two rooms I stayed in, thus why I had to call front desk and be transferred each time.

Computer for internet access in front lobby was painfully slow. (Wireless did seem to work well in my room on my smartphone however).

Most annoying to me was a problem I could not have anticipated during my last visit due to my schedule. I arrived shortly after midnight on a thursday night....kitchen closed, no room service.
friday night I arrived even later, about 3-4am. Of course the kitchen was closed then as well as perhaps I expected it would be. Due to a crazy schedule as an employee of an airline, my arrival and departure times are often unpredictable and subject to last minute change. My employer paid for a third night in the room so I could sleep past normal checkout time (they would not allow a later checkout than noon). I saw in the hotel information binder that room service was unavailable for dinner until 4pm. I called front desk at 4 and was told restaurant didn't open until 5. I called back at 5 and was transferred to room service who told me they have no room service on weekends. Unbelievable. Had I been given proper information I would have gone elsewhere, but by 5pm I did not have time to do so prior to my shift. Obviously communication between the restaurant (Grafitti's) and the front desk and the hotel info don't jive at all. More importantly, this is an AIRPORT hotel. This hotel exists for air travelers and employees, so perhaps this hotel should understand with so many people coming and going at off-peak hours as airline employees often do, that maybe a simple 24hr room service option would be appropriate? There is nothing to eat late at night near this hotel, I was told there was a subway down the street a ways. Not what I had in mind.

When I stayed here last autumn, I do remember the food from room service being very good, just wish I could have had it this time around.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here during Christmas, Toronto also had one of the worst ice storms - power outages during my stay. Given those circumstances, the Hotel staff was great, obviously booked to capacity, the handled everything very well.
Choose this Hotel because of its Location. It is right next to the main highway that goes through the city of Toronto. Yes there will be noise. The room heater was noisy at times and somewhat whacky to control. In almost a week I could never get that thing to work right. Used the window to regulate the temperature.
Over all I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The highway is on the north side of the hotel. Perhaps a room facing the south side would be more qu...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Quality Inn Hotel and Suite was a pleasant experience. The staff were friendly and supportive. The room was very clean and the american breakfast was very delicious.

A great accommodation if your looking for a room that is clean, welcoming and affordable.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Close to airport with free wifi and parking...the hotel has clean rooms, and reasonable amenities. The Alder and Sparrow restaurant lacks any charm but we paid a good price for our room so overall we were pleased with the place. Staff were helpful and the hotel is fairly central is you are travelling a lot.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

20 minutes from the airport, fee shuttle and rooms are standard quality. Calling the hotel it was 99 dolars , I've booked thru trip advisor that redirected me to hotel travel for 50 dollars .
Room was clean, é ought clean towels, tv etc. Comparable to a days inn.

Stayed April 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed for 2 days. Read Tripadvisor reviews and was apprehensive but was surprised at finding my experiences to be mostly positive. Easily accessible to 401 freeway.
Amenities adequate, staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are quite even though the hotel is close to freeway and airport.
Rooms are inexpensive.
Had a problem with heating which was promptly fixed. Next room guests were noisy and partying after midnight but became quite after I called the front desk.

Was surprised to find the handicap parking occupied by cars without a handicap sticker. When I notified the night front desk crew they acted promptly and contacted all the cars owners and the parking spaces were vacated. The same happened the next day, but this time the morning staff did not do anything and just confirmed that it is a problem......

Room Tip: stay at an upper floor. It is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family