“Total inconvience”

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Ranked #115 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 18 June 2009

I booked this hotel for the park and fly option and to have a night's stay at the end of our vacation. I called to confirm my room with hotel over the phone ahead of time. It took 20 mins on the phone to find it. I asked if I should book the airport shuttle, they said no. Got to the hotel at 11:00am. Took 20 mins to check me in. They told me they might fit us in on the 12 pm shuttle but it wasn't guarenteed. Our flight was at 2:30, we couldn't risk not getting the shuttle until 1pm! They said the shuttle runs only every hour. Every other hotel that I have used this service, it was pretty much on demand, or every 15 mins. We had to take a taxi and pay $20 out of pocket. When we returned at 2am the following Saturday, we had to wait 30 mins for the shuttle to pick us up which was ok. Rooms were fine, but service was slow and I will not use them again. There are many more hotels in the area with better service, better amenities, etc. at the same price.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachboundtravel

Reviewed 9 June 2009

I stayed at the hotel and was tricked into its elegance and staff. When i got into the room, i was told at check in that I had been upgraded to a business class room on the 11th floor. I went into the room, put my suit case down and was ready to settle into my bed. As i turned the sheets, i see a bed bug on my bed. I was frightened and disturbed that I called down and no one would answer the phone. I called my people, and made reservations else where. Would i recommend this place to anyone? No, its filthy and not worth the money anyone spends there.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank lazee_j
Reviewed 8 June 2009

We stayed here the night before our flight out and the night of our flight back, May 27th and June 4th, 2009. The room wasn't great, the amenities lacking, the tv had lines through the top of the picture but...none of this mattered to us as we were just needing a bed and a pillow.
As travellers, we will stay at this hotel again if for no other reason than the fellow who served us at the front desk both nights, Victor.
He was, without a doubt, the friendliest, most helpful and most professional front desk clerk we have ever encountered in our travels. Because of Victor, we will stay at this hotel every time we fly in or out of Toronto and need somewhere to stay!
Thank you Victor! You are amazing!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Location: Close to 401 and airport yet at least the high floor we were on is quiet. Not near rapid transit so not a good choice if you want to leave your car at the motel. However, parking is free. Very little in the line of restaurants in the vicinity. You can either go closer to the airport, or drive down Islington and turn east on Bloor to Bloor Village West, where there are a lot.

Amenities: As a previous reviewer mentioned, internet service sucks. We had the managment call the provider and while there was slight improvement it was generally not at an acceptable level. Hence we would strongly recommend that business travelers need high-spped access stay away. Rest of the hotel is pretty basic, and restaurant is very dull and artificial looking. We only stopped there for one overpriced brreakfast.

Cleanliness: Despite generous tips, housekeeping got lazy duing out five night stay and stopped vacuuming our room.

Overall, this would be an okay choice for tourists with a car or for people like us using reward points from Choice Hotels. It should be avoided by both business travelers and those looking for a hotel in an interesting area, if not necessarily downtown.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnTheBear
Reviewed 16 March 2009

We will never go back here! We have stayed here a few times before just for one night before we leave on vacation and this year was the last! They refused to honour our internet bought hotel and parking saying that we did not buy parking for the week even though we did. Wouldnt refund as its not thier problem (which ok maybe it was and when we phoned redtag got a very rude guy who wouldnt help) So they wanted us to pay 80 dollars to park for the week! Even though they sell it for 40 more than what we payed and cant give us that because it wouldnt be fair. They were extremly rude about it and made me cry (i am pregnant and when i get worked up it happens) We are not hard people to please at all but the way we were treated was bad. We then decided instead of giving them more money we'll park at park and fly. Couldnt get a refund on our room so had to stay. Its farther from the airport and for the price they want for parking and the night you might as well pick somewhere closer for the same.
Our room was dirty. The carpet was really clean but the bathroom was gross. There was a stain on my sheets.
We will never stay here ever again nor recommend it to anyone. They are so rude, even the manager and we really tried to be nice about it!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank evanescencetabby
Reviewed 30 January 2009

Because of the unprofessionalism of the staff and especially the sales manager, this was a total turn off to not stay at this hotel. The manager kept changing the price of the rooms and we felt like he did not want our business. So we took our business to the Holiday Inn where we were treated more professionally.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank toni58
Reviewed 23 January 2009

Used this hotel on January 16, 2009 for a one night stopover prior to a very early flight. Room, shuttle and 8 days parking was CAD $99 plus taxes for a total of CAD $112.

Staff: everyone was friendly and efficient - from Sunny at check in who arranged a wake up call and dashboard documentation for parking, to the cleaning lady who held the elevator door open for me, to the check out staff and night auditor who gave me a newspaper at 3 a.m., to the restaurant staff, to the shuttle driver.

Facilities: an upgraded room and bathroom that were spotless. The only small issue was a somewhat noisy heater that struggled successfully against minus 20 C temperatures outside.

Restaurant: welcoming with decent food at decent prices for an airport hotel.

Airport Shuttle: to manage a large volume of passengers with early morning flights, the hotel had a number of free taxis waiting in addition to the van service. On our return, the van was prompt and the operator courteous.

Anyone who expects 5 star accomodation would be advised to go elsewhere and pay triple the price. For us this was perfect.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Mary Lykes