“Nice Hotel, Good Spot for Conference”

Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #54 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here one night for a conference. The hotel is a little worn in spots, but is pretty nice overall.
Front desk is friendly, extra charge for wifi. My room was on the 6th floor. It was a beautiful traditionally decorated room. (I took extra pictures and plan to redecorate my own bedroom similar - that's how much I liked it). The bed was comfortable. The room had a great work area, plenty of hook ups for computers and other electronics. I was given a king room, which was a nice bonus.
The conference facilities were good, the food was pretty average for a conference - not great, but certainly not bad.
I would probably stay here again.... if the price were right.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
JonHolliwell, Manager at Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Freezing1,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We monitor guest feedback from all sources and take the feedback to heart.

Your comments about the friendly staff and the room decor are greatly appreciated. We also noted your comment about the food at the conference and we will strive to make improvements.

We do hope to see you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have never done a review before, but having read the reviews on this site before staying at the Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel and then actually staying there, I promised myself (and fellow travelers) that I would take the time to give a quick review.

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend on Thursday, October 10, 2013. We arrived around 9:30 pm and the front desk staff was very friendly. For the most part the room was great (although my girlfriend found a hair on her pillow as soon as she got in). It was far away from the ice machine and amenities but other then that no complaints about the room.

I do have complaints about how expensive everything else is there. To park, it costs an extra $19.00. And this is just for basic parking in the parking garage, which is a bit of a process to get to. Also, the parking was not that full at all, but the still leave the first two levels sectioned off for valet parking (I assume this was for valet parking, I personally was never offered this option). Then, once you park you have to walk across a sketchy parking garage, at night, or go through a sketchy parking lot above the garage. Either way, I did not feel very safe and felt I had paid about $14.00 too much for parking.

The next morning I went to make myself a coffee and realized there was only one regular coffee and two decaf's. That was a bit annoying, but I decided to go to the lobby and get a coffee. Not only do they not offer complimentary coffee in lobby in the morning, but the only option available is Starbucks, which costs $3.90 for a small. That price really stung as the coffee was not that good.

Other complaints include, the window wouldn't open even a crack, which I prefer for sleeping and the internet is not free.

Conclusion: although this hotel is comfortable and the staff seemed nice, the general feeling I got while there was, they truly only care about your initial booking and are more then content taking as much money as they can from you while there, without doing the extra little things other hotels are doing to encourage a worry free stay and to earn your repeat business.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Greg B

Dear GregB,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We were terribly sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay. Your comments about the room, price of ameneities and quality of our coffee have been reviewed in detail by the team at the hotel.

We closely examine our prices compared to our competitors in this area as our goal is to never be the highest price in the market.

We are very appreciative of this feedback. Our hotel has a staff of fully engaged individuals who are constantly looking to make improvements. It is through fair and constructive feedback (such as yours) that we can acheive that goal.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Across from the Toronto airport, this is a great place to stay if you have an early flight. Not too convenient for business in Toronto however. Nice property, up to Marriott standards. Nice rooms, great service, reasonable prices for an airport location.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Accuseal,

We greatly apprreciated your feedback regarding your stay here in September. Your posting was shared with our entire team and they loved hearing that you were satisfied with your stay.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 29 September 2013

No problem here. Great Marriott hotel. Nice an clean property. Nice size room with comfortable bed. Had breakfast downstairs and the food was great! Service was excellent. I would book this property again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sens1992,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review of our hotel. We were thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We put on an evening seminar here every year and have corresponding guest rooms to match. Given the hotel performance, etc of years past, they've been better than this year.

The wireless internet in conference/mtg room inaccessible without very special dispensation from front desk to point of requiring use of their computer to access. Guest room toilet in both mine and my coworker's guest rooms wouldn't flush and had to get plunged by maintenance to work.

Room Tip: Airport noise thru the night in airport side - light sleepers may want a room on other side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Hatlad,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are always appreciative of quality feedback, as it helps guide us to making improvements.

I was sorry to hear that during your experience this year, we failed to live up to your previous experiences with us. In September, we suffered through a few weeks of internet challenges. Our entire infrastructure has to be changed over a course of a few weeks and it was greatly inconvenient for our guests. I am happy to report that the problem was rectified.

Your comment about the toilets in the guest room has been shared with our Engineering team for follow up.

We do hope that you will consider us again in the future for your meeting or travel needs.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The location of the hotel is ideal for travel, but far away from the city. It is an older hotel, but the rooms and the gym are ok. Nothing special, but they do the job. Breakfast also a-la-carte, but took quite long to get served.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here for one night before traveling to NYC. Reception desk staff were quite abrupt and it wasn't the friendliest of welcomes. The room itself was good, quite spacious and it was a comfortable bed. However, as it's 2013, most travellers will expect complimentary internet but this was not the case at this hotel and internet charges were very expensive for quite a poor internet service. We ate in the bistro style restaurant and the staff were very polite, attentive and friendly and food was quite good although a little over priced. Pool area looked nice, and gym was quite small, although we did not use either facility. The laundry facilities were out of use when we stayed which was a little inconvenient. The free shuttle bus service to the airport was great however. Overall, not bad at all for the price we paid!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple