“A lovely stay”

Ranked #54 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Richmond Hill, Canada
“A lovely stay”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed at the Toronto Airport on Christmas Eve and took advantage of the park and fly deal. I was very pleased with the service and the fact that my car stayed in the underground parking while I was away! The Bistro in the hotel severs the best hamburgers! I can honestly say that it was the best hamburger I've eaten in a restaurant!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mytmouse2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here on Jan 17, did the park n fly deal before our flight out on Sat morning for holidays. We were able to leave our vehicle here for the entire trip, in underground parking, which was great considering all the snow that we got while we were away! Not having to dig our vehicle out was a big plus! There were 13 of us travelling together, we had booked 4 rooms here, all of us doing the park n fly deal. Rooms were very clean and spacious, beds were really comfortable. Also found this hotel very quiet for airport noise compared to others we have stayed at. They were able to put our rooms all in the same area which was nice also. The shuttle ran as promised, no problems there. I found no issues with the front desk staff as previous posters have mentioned, in fact just the opposite. I found every staff we dealt with at this hotel to be very friendly and helpful. All of our group was quite happy with their stay here, we would all stay here again in a heartbeat! Love, love, love the underground parking!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steph300
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Let me make a long story short. Originally had reservation at the Sandman. They could not locate my reservation even though i had printed receipt and did not have a room available. Thank you Marriott for saving me and taking me in at the last minute. Here is my issue. I am paying $299/night. I know that there is a show going on right now and their rate is $149/nt. I also know my customers corporate rate is $169/nt. I have asked and been denied these rates. I guess my gold status really does not matter. I am really not one to complain but that is a rather large monetary difference in the rate.

Overall nice hotel and good job with the remodel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
JonHolliwell, Manager at Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear lm6868,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Unfortunately, as discussed, the negotiated Group rate you were looking for was sold out many weeks ago and the Corporate rate was not applicable.

We absolutely understand that there is a large discrepancy in rates, however, during high demand periods, the rate will climb to much higher levels.

We do hope that in the future you choose to stay with us and possibly book in at the Group Rate when it is available.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Holliwell
Director of Hotel Operations
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I am not sure if there is any better staff at Marriott worldwide than staff at Toronto airport Marriott. very friendly, professional, and told me the lounge was closed on weekends and gave me the breakfast voucher, explain the new Marriott policy of extra $5 on hot items. She also gave me extra water for the room.

I just wished the restaurant staff was also professional as front desk.

all in all, my 1 night stay was excellent and I would continue to use this hotel for departure.

1 Thank masonsf
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Nothing Special about the hotel. Staff was giving too much attitude at the front desk, and were pretty much careless. I had booked a special rate online, and when I had gone to check out I was charged a different rate! it took forever to fix the issue because they were giving us too much attitude.

Aside from that the hotel itself was decent, but i will not go back due to the staff.

Room Tip: a/c too noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Icms921
freeda t, Manager at Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Icms921,

Thank you for taking to complete your review about your most recent stay with us. I was terribly sorry to hear that your check-out experience was delayed by our error of charging you the wrong amount. Your additional comments in regards to our staff have been also been reviewed in detail by our Front Desk team.

We are very appreciative of this feedback. Our hotel has a staff of fully engaged individuals who are constantly looking to make improvements. It is through fair and constructive feedback (such as yours) that we can achieve this goal.
Please accept my sincerest apologies and I hope you give us another opportunity in the future if you are in the area.

Freeda Themelis
Front Office Manager
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed here before our flight out and thoroughly enjoyed it. We chose this hotel for their reputation and because we could leave our car here while we were on vacation.

Rooms were very nice, clean and beds were comfortable.
Would definitely recommend for convenience and comfort.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights recently while on Business in Toronto. The hotel was clean, the staff were excellent and the rooms were more than adequate. I very much enjoyed the stay at this hotel. I say this even after suffering through a fire alarm (and fire) at 4 am in the hotel (elevator control panel caught on fire). We evacuated and waited in the lobby and outside for the better part of 2 hours while the fire dept was investigating, while this was unfortunate and unwanted, the hotel staff did everything in their power to comfort the guests through the ordeal. They were bringing blankets and bottled water to the guests and making sure we were as comfortable as possible. I have to give props to the management team for how it was handled. I had a rough night but it could have been much worse had the staff not went over and above.

Thanks and see you next time I am in Toronto.

Room Tip: I did rate them low on location as staying near the Toronto airport is terrible in terms of things i...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
JonHolliwell, Manager at Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear RedTideMetal,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our guests were very understanding when we had a fire alarm at 4:00am on a very cold night.

We appreciate the comments and the feedback.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Holliwell
Director of Hotel Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#66 of 137 in Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 137 in Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel

Been to Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!