“great stay”

Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #54 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 14 February 2014

we stayed before our flight and left our vehicle for 10 days
underground parking so no snow on vehicle when we came back
room was clean comfortable
pool and hot tub were very nice
shuttle busy in morning waited for second shuttle
take their flyer so you know where to catch the shuttle when you return at air port

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernice A

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Close to the airport with good shuttle service. The hotel was nice and overall it was a good experience. The staff was nice and helpful. Room was nice and clean, the bed was comfortable and the internet worked well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kvyas
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed there in a quick overnight stop in Toronto airport for dinner, sleep and up the next morning. Food was fine, Hotel and rooms are pleasant, beds are comfortable but the Internet was totally unusable.

Unfortunately I had the same issue in Germany a week ago, the day before in Ottawa and again this week in the US. Not good, I need to do work in the evening, and talk with my family on Skype.

Please ensure that we have good Internet service. We need it and needs to be part of the package. Moreover, at the price charged it must be an excellent profit centre for the hotel

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank brozas
JonHolliwell, Manager at Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear brozas,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am terribly sorr that you are finding Internet Service at various Marriott Hotels to be sub-standard.

As an update, Region by Region, Marriott Hotels and Resorts are upgrading the Internet Servcie in every hotel. Better bandwidth, stability and speed will be the result. Marriott is also moving toa tiered pricing model. Guests looking to simply read email, news etc will pay a basic price, whereby there will be a premium added to thos guests looking to add more bandwidth for streaming video etc.

Here in Canada, this project is slated for completion in June, 2014.

Thank you once more for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Holliwell
Director of Operations

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed at the Toronto Airport on Christmas Eve and took advantage of the park and fly deal. I was very pleased with the service and the fact that my car stayed in the underground parking while I was away! The Bistro in the hotel severs the best hamburgers! I can honestly say that it was the best hamburger I've eaten in a restaurant!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mytmouse2013
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here on Jan 17, did the park n fly deal before our flight out on Sat morning for holidays. We were able to leave our vehicle here for the entire trip, in underground parking, which was great considering all the snow that we got while we were away! Not having to dig our vehicle out was a big plus! There were 13 of us travelling together, we had booked 4 rooms here, all of us doing the park n fly deal. Rooms were very clean and spacious, beds were really comfortable. Also found this hotel very quiet for airport noise compared to others we have stayed at. They were able to put our rooms all in the same area which was nice also. The shuttle ran as promised, no problems there. I found no issues with the front desk staff as previous posters have mentioned, in fact just the opposite. I found every staff we dealt with at this hotel to be very friendly and helpful. All of our group was quite happy with their stay here, we would all stay here again in a heartbeat! Love, love, love the underground parking!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steph300
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Let me make a long story short. Originally had reservation at the Sandman. They could not locate my reservation even though i had printed receipt and did not have a room available. Thank you Marriott for saving me and taking me in at the last minute. Here is my issue. I am paying $299/night. I know that there is a show going on right now and their rate is $149/nt. I also know my customers corporate rate is $169/nt. I have asked and been denied these rates. I guess my gold status really does not matter. I am really not one to complain but that is a rather large monetary difference in the rate.

Overall nice hotel and good job with the remodel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
JonHolliwell, Manager at Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear lm6868,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Unfortunately, as discussed, the negotiated Group rate you were looking for was sold out many weeks ago and the Corporate rate was not applicable.

We absolutely understand that there is a large discrepancy in rates, however, during high demand periods, the rate will climb to much higher levels.

We do hope that in the future you choose to stay with us and possibly book in at the Group Rate when it is available.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Holliwell
Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I am not sure if there is any better staff at Marriott worldwide than staff at Toronto airport Marriott. very friendly, professional, and told me the lounge was closed on weekends and gave me the breakfast voucher, explain the new Marriott policy of extra $5 on hot items. She also gave me extra water for the room.

I just wished the restaurant staff was also professional as front desk.

all in all, my 1 night stay was excellent and I would continue to use this hotel for departure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank masonsf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#65 of 137 in Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#73 of 137 in Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel

Been to Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!