“Excellent stay at the Grand!”

Grand Hotel Toronto
Ranked #26 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed at the Grand Hotel for a few days and the service was fantastic. We enjoyed the restaurant for evening meals and also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We didn't end up using the pool but plan to on our next visit! Great time had by all!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Greg E, Manager at Grand Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Joe D,

It was great to welcome you to the hotel during your stay with us and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us !

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future !

There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Toronto

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Service was top notch, not a single complaint here. I left something in our room and didn't realize it until I got home. I called the hotel, they found it, and are now sending it to me! The hotel was clean and well maintained. The free/complimentary breakfast was decent. Good coffee. We didn't use the pool but it looked well maintained.

The hotel is easily accessible from the Gardiner Expressway and is just a five minute walk to Dundas/Yonge square, where you'll find lots of shopping and endless dining options at Eaton Centre. Parking is also pretty easy, safe, and heated but will set you back $21 a night. If you're willing, there are less expensive outdoor parking lots nearby.

And for the grand finale...the rooftop hot tub that is open year round! We enjoyed it nightly till 12:00am in 20 degree weather! A true delight!

Room Tip: Cheaper parking nearby
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonia G

Dear MamaLoveOne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with others. We are so pleased that we had met your expectations during your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer !

MamaLoveOne, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here a few years ago now, but thought I would write a review as I still remember my time there and cant say enough how brilliant it was.

The Staff were very friendly and courteous, The food in the restaurant was amazing!

Location couldnt have been better, walkable to most of the attractions..

The hot tubs on the roof were something else! even in November when we went.. freezing outside but was great sitting relaxing in these!!

Room Tip: Higher floor for a better view!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank owen c
Greg E, Manager at Grand Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Owen C,

We so pleased that your stay was memorable and that it left a lasting impression with you!

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon !

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My fiance and I have a tradition whereas we have stayed at the Grand on Christmas eve for the past 4 years.
This year as we were checking in, we were upset to find out that we had accidentally booked a room for the evening of the 25th instead of the 24th.
Obviously we were very upset and we apologized to the lady at the front desk (Katherine) and explained to her that this was a tradition of ours and would obviously like to check in at that point instead of the next day. She saw in her computer that in fact we had stayed with the hotel that exact same night the past 4 years as we said.
Without any sympathy, nor any acknowledgement that we were regular, repeat clients, Katherine bluntly told us that there was nothing she could do other than check us in at the regular, same-day booking rate which would be approx. $80 more than what we had paid when we booked the room over a month before because it was "non-refundable".

I want to make clear that the hotel was not fully booked on the 24th, nor was it fully booked the next night. We were not looking for a refund, just to check in and out one night ahead of was booked.
It was never explained to us why she could not simply check us in and honour our rate that we had paid originally. She insisted on saying there was nothing she could do and remarked that "Sir, you made the mistake, what do you expect me to do?". She was in fact extremely unhelpful and claimed that she could not give us our old rate since we had booked with Expedia and only Expedia could make that change...She said she was the manager and there was nobody else to speak with.

Begrudgingly, I phoned Expedia on my cell phone right in front of her and the gentleman who I spoke with was extremely helpful and sympathetic, saying he had no issue making the change but that it would be up to the hotel whom he would have to call.
Expedia phoned the Grand and Katherine took the call in the back room.
After about 10 minutes, she came out and with a smirk on her face told us "I don't have to help you and change this, but I'm going to anyways just so you know..."
She had a seriously terrible attitude and did everything in her power NOT to help us until the very end. This is not the way to treat any clients (let along repeat clients in the hospitality industry) and ESPECIALLY on Christmas Eve!!!

I'm extremely disappointed with this experience as typically we have a great time at The Grand. The room is wonderful and the rooftop spa (yes, even in the winter) is terrific. I don't know if we will be coming back again because of this sour treatment we received. There are many other hotels in the city who will value your business more than we felt we were.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Jordan S
Greg E, Manager at Grand Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear JSamery,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor regards to your recent stay. I understand that our Management team has been in touch with you since your stay to ensure that the level of service we pride ourselves in will consistently exceed your expectations.

JSamery, we hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel next year!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed at the grand for a long weekend to watch the Blackhawks and Maple Leafs game and wander around the city again.
The staff: amazing! Everyone was so helpful and kind, everyone really seemed to love their job and it showed in service.
The accommodations: Wonderful...the room had a great layout, and the kitchenette was very nice to have and the bed area was wonderful, large windows and lots of room. The bed was very comfortable....the only drawback....the pillows
We used the rooftop hot tub one night and that was really nice....we didn't stay up too long...it was cold! (it was about -18c/ I think zero Fahrenheit) but it was a really great space
The complimentary breakfast was very nice as well...fresh fruit, eggs, pastries, bacon, etc....served in their beautiful lounge
I have read some reviews about the neighborhood being less the wonderful....but my husband and I never felt unsafe walking to and from the hotel...day or night.

If you get the chance to stay at this hotel, I hope you do....we will certainly be back

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ezdiebold

Dear Evilldoer78,

Thank you so much for sharing your review and staying with us during your trip to Toronto, it was a pleasure welcoming you. We're so pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy the amenities at the hotel but be sure to brave the cold and take a dip in the hot tubs on the roof !

Evilldoer78, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future !

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The stay was lovely. The room was very nice. The front desk person(s) were friendly & helpful. The serving personnel & restaurant were great. Loved the complimentary breakfast. I was in Toronto for Surgery. I may have to return in the spring. I would stay here again. I would love to go when it is warmer so I can use the rooftop hot tubs. I will use the pool/Jacuzzi next time as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Greg E, Manager at Grand Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Edward S,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your surgery at St. Michaels Hospital. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future. Of course, for a pleasure trip to Toronto !

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had one of the suites; it was excellent: huge, (could easily sleep 4, 2 separate bedrooms and a sofa bed in the living room)), and a gigantic balcony.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool and roof top hot tub were great. Breakfast was fantastic. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The suites on the 2nd floor have huge balconies.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LesleyHOC

Dear LesleyHOC,

Thank you very much taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Warmest Regards,