“Highly NOT Recommended”

Montecassino Place Suites Hotel
Ranked #112 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

If you are a business owner and want to show your employees on how NOT to treat your clients, Montecassino Hotel is the perfect place. This has got to have been the worst reception I have ever had. I booked my stay on easytobook.com, only to be told that there was no reservation in my name. The person at the reception was so sure that they did not use that booking service, and that after 2 years of working there, she was aware of all the hotel's procedures. Anyhow, I show up with printed proof, iphone proof and even asked her to go on the site to verify and she still doubted me. She told me I had to pay again if I wanted to stay there which I refused. Incredible!!! Finally, she contacts expedia and is informed that they manage the easytobook site and they confirm my reception. Once agsin, rude as ever, she does not even apologize.

Next...room is disgusting. Almost as bad as the receptionist.

I have a very high tolorence to rudeness as dirt, but Montecassino really went over the limit.

Do yourself a favor and avoid staying at Montecassino.

I really should have listened to my wife.

• Stayed: April 2013
8  Thank MusicMonster
There are newer reviews for Montecassino Place Suites Hotel

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at that hotel 2 nights. When we registered to our room I ask them for a quit room. I told them that I knew there was going to have few party of weddings and we wanted a quit room. First impression or first smell was fish, yark it does not smell good on the 5th floor of the hotel. The room was clean but vary basic with old damaged furnitures. We visited our friend on Friday night and when we came back there was no parking at all around the hotel we had to park somewhere else in another private property, that's not very good. Saturday night, someone tried to open our room by mistake at around 2 a.m.... not so good and the only thing we could hear from midnight to 3 a.m. was door closing or people speaking too loud. So if you're invited to a wedding, then stay at the Montecassino it's perfect but if you want to sleep after 11 p.m. don't stay at this hotel. Also the continental breakast was awful, we did not ate nothing from it because some of the clients of the hotel were eating directly from the plate. Any kind of jam or peanut butter for your toast so stay away of that hotel. Also, someone on the 5th floor add a cat in is room, so the smelly fish was more like a smelly cat .... yarkkkkkkkkk

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank fandemoto
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Pretty dated looking place from the outside. The hallways we gorgeous, then you enter your room...step intp the 80's! Dated, dated, dated. The tv was like 19" with a remote control that had no numbers to use...so if you wanted to change the channel you had to use the 'up' arrow...the sheets looked and smelled clean so that was a good thing. The bathroom was clean but there were only 2 towels - as a woman I use two towels...one for my body and one for my hair...my friend and I had to make due with one towel each because we couldn't have been bothered to call the front desk. There were three lamps in the room...only one worked...turned out the second one was unplugged...the clock didn't have the correct time so we had to set the time. The thing that really upset me was the continental breakfast. The room where they had it set up was dingy to begin with...the table linens were disgusting...dirty and stained and so wrinkled that I was turned off...we arrived early so I doubt that there had been many people ahead of us to make such a mess...the juice was an orange colour but was really gross...the free breakfast was horrible, horrible, horrible. I could handle the crappy dated room, but the free continental breakfast really just turned me off...would not go back just because of that. I should mention that the front desk people were great...friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angie C
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Customer service is excellent, Hotel manager is great guy he is really a helping hand, we enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is wonderful, we had a continental breakfast, and other all amenities are good, location of this hotel is approachable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lioubov B
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This hotel was terrible in the middle of nowhere the tv in one room didnt work, the breakfast not good, we were very disapointed the pictures on the website that we aaw wasent that at all i hope we will have a little refund or something

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank karine c
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It is absolutely true that you get what you pay for! We stayed at the hotel long enough to know that nobody there cared about the hotel guests as the hotel's profit was made in the event catering business. Immediately upon arrival we noticed that we could not get telephone messages from the telephone system. When questioned, the staff first said that the company supporting the system was faiing to do its job; then the staff said the system was old; finally the staff had no problem saying the system was broken and was not going to be fixed because of the cost! Imagine not being able to get telephone messages from people who know you are visiting. When finally angry enough to loudly complain, we were offered a cost reduction - but when we went to check out the manager had no memory of the conversation.
While the room was adequate, the maid service was awful; we were often asking for towels, toilet paper and soap.
Unless you are really on a very low budget find somewhere else.

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the lobby floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple