“Great Location”

Montecassino Place Suites Hotel
Ranked #113 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 15 September 2013

After our experience at another hotel we were desperate looking for somewhere to stay that we would not be paying a fortune. The hotel itself was situated in the perfect location. We had a room on the south side 5th floor and could see the CN Tower. It is very close to the 401, 400, and a 20 minute drive from downtown which was welcomed after the concert. The room we had was a spacious separate living room and bedroom design. The appearance was older, but we did not mind. It seemed as if they were actively renovating the hotel. The continental breakfast was basic bagels, toast, and cereal. We enjoyed it, we are not big breakfast people.

I would visit the hotel again for the price and location. Also despite the review below we found the staff very helpful.

Room Tip: South side CN Tower view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2013

The 1st Floor was very elegant looking, as we walked in with our street clothes on, looking around for the lobby to be told by the maid that its upstairs. The elevators took a while and made weird noises. For the price it wasn't bad but I wouldn't recommend staying there for more than one night. the room we stayed in had one 'light' that turned on a light in another room, one lamp out of three in the living room area worked, making it dimly lit as there were no ceiling lights. bathroom was nice and the best spot. The hallway type of area was where the light got turned on from the main door. and 2/3 lamps in the bedroom worked. The light switch in the bedroom turned on a fan , and the ceiling in the bathroom was yellow making me think that this used to be a smokers room but wasn't anymore. It was a nice place for one night but the huge mirror placed beside the bed was weird.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ForeverNerd
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I was very hesitant to stay at this hotel due to the bad reviews I read, however, I was very surprise to see the lobby, even that wasn't conveniently located on the 2nd floor,was very nice and elegant, the front desk staff was pleasant and professional, it only took like 3 minutes to get a key and be on my way, room was nothing special but clean and comfortable, the price was reasonable for a non-branded hotel. I will definitelly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Saif D
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

If you are a business owner and want to show your employees on how NOT to treat your clients, Montecassino Hotel is the perfect place. This has got to have been the worst reception I have ever had. I booked my stay on easytobook.com, only to be told that there was no reservation in my name. The person at the reception was so sure that they did not use that booking service, and that after 2 years of working there, she was aware of all the hotel's procedures. Anyhow, I show up with printed proof, iphone proof and even asked her to go on the site to verify and she still doubted me. She told me I had to pay again if I wanted to stay there which I refused. Incredible!!! Finally, she contacts expedia and is informed that they manage the easytobook site and they confirm my reception. Once agsin, rude as ever, she does not even apologize.

Next...room is disgusting. Almost as bad as the receptionist.

I have a very high tolorence to rudeness as dirt, but Montecassino really went over the limit.

Do yourself a favor and avoid staying at Montecassino.

I really should have listened to my wife.

• Stayed: April 2013
8  Thank MusicMonster
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at that hotel 2 nights. When we registered to our room I ask them for a quit room. I told them that I knew there was going to have few party of weddings and we wanted a quit room. First impression or first smell was fish, yark it does not smell good on the 5th floor of the hotel. The room was clean but vary basic with old damaged furnitures. We visited our friend on Friday night and when we came back there was no parking at all around the hotel we had to park somewhere else in another private property, that's not very good. Saturday night, someone tried to open our room by mistake at around 2 a.m.... not so good and the only thing we could hear from midnight to 3 a.m. was door closing or people speaking too loud. So if you're invited to a wedding, then stay at the Montecassino it's perfect but if you want to sleep after 11 p.m. don't stay at this hotel. Also the continental breakast was awful, we did not ate nothing from it because some of the clients of the hotel were eating directly from the plate. Any kind of jam or peanut butter for your toast so stay away of that hotel. Also, someone on the 5th floor add a cat in is room, so the smelly fish was more like a smelly cat .... yarkkkkkkkkk

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank fandemoto
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Pretty dated looking place from the outside. The hallways we gorgeous, then you enter your room...step intp the 80's! Dated, dated, dated. The tv was like 19" with a remote control that had no numbers to use...so if you wanted to change the channel you had to use the 'up' arrow...the sheets looked and smelled clean so that was a good thing. The bathroom was clean but there were only 2 towels - as a woman I use two towels...one for my body and one for my hair...my friend and I had to make due with one towel each because we couldn't have been bothered to call the front desk. There were three lamps in the room...only one worked...turned out the second one was unplugged...the clock didn't have the correct time so we had to set the time. The thing that really upset me was the continental breakfast. The room where they had it set up was dingy to begin with...the table linens were disgusting...dirty and stained and so wrinkled that I was turned off...we arrived early so I doubt that there had been many people ahead of us to make such a mess...the juice was an orange colour but was really gross...the free breakfast was horrible, horrible, horrible. I could handle the crappy dated room, but the free continental breakfast really just turned me off...would not go back just because of that. I should mention that the front desk people were great...friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Angie C
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Customer service is excellent, Hotel manager is great guy he is really a helping hand, we enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is wonderful, we had a continental breakfast, and other all amenities are good, location of this hotel is approachable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family