Montecassino Place Suites Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2013

First of all, if you have no car, the location of hotel is just horrible! There is nothing around except some ugly commercial/business sites. The breakfast is another disaster: Open buffet breakfast but full with cheap unhealthy stuff! Plus, the staff were not helpful at all. I needed a European outlet converter, asked one to borrow, they said they cannot help me because customers promise to give it back but they do not so that they decided not to help with this matter. I found their perspective quite unsettling as they assume that all guests are same. Even worse one might think that they believe all customers are thief. The only good side of the hotel is the rooms. Old fashion decoration but at least rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. I stayed in 508 and had no problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eda B
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on Oct 1, 2013, 4th floor 4022 I believe? Rooms are dim. One main light in front of the huge 2 door closet and 6 lamps to lighten the room. 2 old box RCA TVs (but I think they're upgrading them as I saw an employee strolling lots of flat screens on the main floor, old furniture, nothing at all fancy about the room. It was nice having an apartment type style room to crash the night (no kitchen or balcony); bedroom is separate from the living room. Uptown is about a 10 minute drive (yonge). Overall the hotel is decent for the price it is and the customer service is great! I found nothing too close to the hotel other than some commercial buildings but commuting would be required to go uptown.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I did the blind booking in this hotel just an hour before boarding my maiden flight to Toronto on Aug 22, 2013. At first instance it seemed like a deserted place, but during my stay I realized it is well connected to all the places in the North York City as well as Downtown Toronto.

Complementary breakfast and decent services were precisely what I was looking for at the start of my journey in a new city.

Staff was helpful.

The only downside is that even though it is connected to most of the places of the city by public transport, there is not much happenings around itself.

I stayed there for 10 nights and would recommend this hotel to anybody who is travelling North York, Toronto for business.

Room Tip: Front-facing rooms give you good view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Manish J
Reviewed 15 September 2013

After our experience at another hotel we were desperate looking for somewhere to stay that we would not be paying a fortune. The hotel itself was situated in the perfect location. We had a room on the south side 5th floor and could see the CN Tower. It is very close to the 401, 400, and a 20 minute drive from downtown which was welcomed after the concert. The room we had was a spacious separate living room and bedroom design. The appearance was older, but we did not mind. It seemed as if they were actively renovating the hotel. The continental breakfast was basic bagels, toast, and cereal. We enjoyed it, we are not big breakfast people.

I would visit the hotel again for the price and location. Also despite the review below we found the staff very helpful.

Room Tip: South side CN Tower view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The 1st Floor was very elegant looking, as we walked in with our street clothes on, looking around for the lobby to be told by the maid that its upstairs. The elevators took a while and made weird noises. For the price it wasn't bad but I wouldn't recommend staying there for more than one night. the room we stayed in had one 'light' that turned on a light in another room, one lamp out of three in the living room area worked, making it dimly lit as there were no ceiling lights. bathroom was nice and the best spot. The hallway type of area was where the light got turned on from the main door. and 2/3 lamps in the bedroom worked. The light switch in the bedroom turned on a fan , and the ceiling in the bathroom was yellow making me think that this used to be a smokers room but wasn't anymore. It was a nice place for one night but the huge mirror placed beside the bed was weird.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple