“My best business hotel stay ever!”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #59 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Helsinki, Finland
“My best business hotel stay ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

'm very pleased to have chosen to stay at Delta Chelsea and these are my reasons:
1. Helpful, efficient and friendly staff- the check in personnel
(Ferdinand); operator who arranged a technician to check on my room's
power failure within minutes; room service (dining)
2. Fully-equipped gym, locker room, pool, a separate weights room and
jacuzzi. I'm particularly impressed with the swimsuit water extraction (or drying) machine.
3. Convenient location- drug store, grocery store, shops and
restaurants are within walking distance. The best deal is the airport
express bus that stops right at the hotel doorsteps.
4. Being a Delta Hotel Privilege Club member- free local calls (using a calling card); late check out till 6pm, free internet in the room.

Room Tip: I stayed at a corner room at level 6 (no. 683) and it was quiet and had a view of the fountain in th...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
RosaDeltaChelsea, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Dear Valued Guest

I was thrilled that your stay with us was such a success and thank you for reviewing us. I have sent your comments to our Front Office Manager to celebrate Ferdinand and his efforts. I am so glad to hear about the many reasons you enjoy staying with us and value your continued loyalty.

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I was pretty dissatisfied with my stay at the Delta Chelsea this past weekend. The location of the hotel was great however, which made it easy to spend time outside of our room. It is located close to Younge and Dundas square which was a big bonus. The one restaurant that was open when we were looking to eat was so pricey that we found it cheaper to order to our room, and the service from the Room Service staff was great.

However, I paid the extra 25 dollars a night for the upgraded room and wish I wouldn't have. I read the reviews prior to going and saw the the rooms that had not been renovated yet, were not worth staying in. So after forking over an extra 50 dollars for this upgraded "DELUXE" room, we found a filthy washroom with another guest's used, hair covered bar of soap. After calling and complaining and asking to have it removed, we were assured that they would have housekeeping remove it. After my two day stay, the bar of soap was never removed. It is probably still in that shower. The bath was dirty, the paint in the bath was peeling, probably because of the lack of exhaust fan. The drain was broken and came right out of the shower, with a nice hair ball at the bottom of it. Also, we had some nice large holes in our sheets, if that's not a deluxe room, I'm not sure what is....

On the morning of checkout we had to leave very early, as I'm sure most people do when they have a flight, meeting, or event to attend, and when I complained about the unsatisfactory stay I had, I was offered breakfast on the house (beware, if you want to pay for breakfast at this hotel it will run you at least 20dollars a person, which is why we took a quick walk down the street and found many great, cheap, breakfast locations, just steps away) . If I am checking out of the hotel at 6 am because I have somewhere to be, how could I stay for this complimentary breakfast? I did not find this a suitable compensation for our poor stay, as we could not even enjoy it.

I will not return to the Delta Chelsea, there are MANY other hotels that are located in this location, and as that was the best feature in my opinion, I will look at other options the next time I visit downtown Toronto.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jess224
RosaDeltaChelsea, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you reviewing us. I am truly sorry for the problems you encountered with the room, and the disappointment you felt. Please be assured that this does not represent the quality of service we are known for. Your concerns have not been taken lightly and have been sent to the appropriate department to follow up with.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Guest Experience Specialist

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

My family and I Arrived from UK to the Delta Chelsea Hotel after a long day and flight so was in need of a good nights sleep. This did not not happen, we were woken up nearly every hour by noisy guests coming in from their night of partying, lots of shouting, doors slamming and noise outside the hotel too.
Don't stay here on a weekend as you will not sleep well!!

The rooms are very small unless you upgrade. Decor in rooms is extremely dreary and seems like it needs a good makeover.
Bathroom needs good clean to.

Location is good for Eaton centre, St, Lawrence Market. and Its around a 25 minute walk to the CN tower and Rogers Centre.

The food Market area was the better part, still dated decor but food was fresh and good. Cereal does cost a fortune though!
Parking is expensive and they charge CA$14.00 for Wi-fi, i think this should be free to hotel guests as the rate for hotel room is a lot for what you get!

From staying at this Delta Chelsea and a few others on my Holiday I would not book to stay again or recommend the Delta Chain.

Room Tip: Pay for an upgrade!
2 Thank Gemma R
Dear Valued Guest

I am happy to let you know we are continually maintaining and renovating our rooms, and have completed the lower floors and the majority of our upgraded room. I am sorry for the disturbance you experienced while you were here with us, and can certainly understand your disappointment. We have our security team monitor the floors and pubic areas to avoid situations such as this, I am sorry we failed to do so in this instance.

We currently provide complimentary Internet in the lobby, as well as to our guests on the Signature Club floor rooms, and to our Delta Privilege members. Our packages are great for saving money on some of the extras such as parking.

Thank you for your feedback has been sent to our Rooms Division to review.

Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We used this venue for a wedding and were given a discounted rate for a large group staying overnight. Thank- you to Reggie in particular as he did an awesome job with the planning and ceremony. Service in general by the other staff was very good. Meeting rooms were accomodating and food was very good. The overnight rooms were clean, however they could use use some decor updating. Overall I would reccommend this hotel as a very good choice of venue.

Dear Valued Guest

Congratulations on getting married. I am proud of Reggie and the rest of our team for ensuring your special day went off without a hitch. Your feedback has been shared with our Director of catering as well the rest of our team. Thank you reviewing us.

Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed as family of four in one room- a bit of a squeeze (2 queen doubles) but comfortable enough. I chose this hotel based on 2 key factors- swimming pool for the kids and downtown location. On those measures alone we were happy with the choice. It is a 20-30 minute walk to the bay/CN Tower, shorter if you just want shops and restaurants.
It is a large somewhat impersonal hotel- used to handling big tour groups.
Maybe its a UK thing but I had expected the room rate to include breakfast, this was not the case so we paid about $25 each morning for the 4 of us.
Also in hindsight I wish I had haggled over room rate- I booked months before travelling and did it all online- c $170 per night for family room for 4 -I bet I could have negotiated a better deal.

Room Tip: Negotiate- as there are som many rooms I can't help feeling there is a deal out there!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest

We are pleased to offer families a number of different benefits and offer family friendly facilities. It is great to hear you and your family had a chance to visit us at the Family pool. Although breakfast is not included in the rate we have two restaurants that offer meal options as well as in-room dining. Another option is to book a package such as a breakfast in bed.

Thank you reviewing us.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

This hotel is huge. Its in a great location..close to fast food, restaurants, TTC and attractions. Hotel offers its own restaurant and Pubs. It has stuff for children and adults. Our room has been clean both times without any problems. Staff are willing to help you and are very polite. The only thing I say is expensive is parking. Its 28 each night for under ground and 30 for valet.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you reviewing us. It is great to hear both of your stays with us have been exceptional, and that you have enjoyed the facilities offered. We feel our parking is representative of our competitive market. We do offer discounted parking in some of our packages, which can be a great saving technique.

We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again.

Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

The hotel is LARGE, the lobby is nice, and the rooms size is average. Our floor was a non-smoking floor, however, our room reeked of the smell of cigarette. We brought the problem the Concierge and she immediately had the room sprayed.

There was construction right across the street which woke us early Saturday morning. Our balcony was covered with soot which discouraged us from going out there.

I think concierges are part of the front line of a hotel. Our experiences with their concierge varied. The first one was excellent; the second gentlemen was informative, but not friendly; the third gentlemen was rude and snappy. I hope the hotel knows this.

We booked our hotel through Expedia. This disqualified us for the free Continental breakfast. So those of you who book through discounters should know this.

Hotel parking is $28 CAD if self parked and I think about $30 if turned in to the valet.

There are two metro station on streets above and below the hotel which made it so convenient to get to the convention center. The trolleys were also above and below which made it convenient to get to Chinatown where we had the BEST seafood. A note to those who ride the trolleys: we headed back to our hotel at 9:30. We had to wait 30 minutes before the next trolley arrived. So be aware that the frequency of the trolleys drop at a certain time.

One last thing. They advertise free wifi, but that is only in the hotel lobby area. If you need to use the internet in the room, you need to pay about $13/day.