“Wedding Weekend”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #57 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Our stay from October 20th thru the 23rd was an enjoyable experience. My family was happy with the level of service we received and how we were always treated with respect. Everything we asked for from the continuous request for towels to a battery jump on our day of departure was handled immediately and with care. I hope the same level of service will be applied to us when we return to Toronto in the future. Also, a special thank you goes to the valet service for retrieving items from my vehicle that were either left by myself or by one of my three children. The thought that things were just done was nice.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank James K
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I was happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As a company, it is our mission to provide our guest with the exceptional service and comfort. I am thrilled that you have received prompt and professional service for all the team members, especially the valet attendant.

I have sent your comments to the appropriate managers to have our team members celebrated.

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (6,851)

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Downtown, so close to shopping and all the main club areas, if not a 5-10 dollar cab to the Old Port, clubs and main attractions. The front desk was super nice, helped me out with all the little things I forgot, toothbrush/paste etc.
The only thing I'll say is the walls are a little thin seeing as I could hear the baby next door crying at night. BUT! Still a steal and would definitely go back.
Very pretty hotel, art work is up everywhere. The restaurant downstairs had delicious food and was so comfortable.
Try it! Not expensive and a great location.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

It is with great pleasure that I read your comments and I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have sent your comments to the Rooms Division manager to have our staff at Front Desk celebrated. I would like to apologize for the noise you have experienced from your neighbors, but nonetheless I am pleased that your stay was great.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Rooms are not sound proofed so my neighbours conversations were all too audible. Furnishings and the bed were ok. Carpets and paint is all shoddy, worn, chipped. Balcony looks like its about to fall off (rm 2257). 27th floor gym is ok, pocket sized swimming pool, too small for laps. Cardio and weights all ok.

Try to avoid if you can, urgently needs a refurb.

• Stayed: October 2011
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay. However, I would like to apologize for the condition of your room and that it did not meet your expectations, I can understand how disappointing that can be. We have recently renovated all of our rooms on lower floors as well as the corridors, and continually upgrade our guest rooms and features. We have installed iPod docking stations and LCD flat screen TVs in the majority of our upgraded rooms and hope to finish the process soon.

We hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I am a regular customer at the delta Chelsea. Whenever possible I stay here when I am in Toronto. No I am not staying for the large beautiful rooms, don't kid yourself. They are not large but not cramped either. They are clean and in the heart of downtown Toronto.
I do stay here because the staff is exceptional. I am always treated like I am the only guest in the hotel. This Weekends all stars are...Alistar, Kevin and his partner at the Privilege desk (I am sorry I can't remeber your name). And of course the most wonderful switchboard operater known to mankind. Always helpful always happy. Our housekeeping staff were curtious and efficient our rooms (yes rooms) were clean and the staff showed genuin concern that we were happy. A little glitch with the water this morning but the maintenance staff was in our room in record time.
Once again a terrific stay at the Chelsea.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.

I am so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. We are truly thankful that we have such an excellent team of dedicated employees in place. We do work hard as a company to provide our guests with comfort and safety, and I am glad we have a team of employees who have made such a difference in your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2011

Big but surprisingly nice once you figure out the restaurant/breakfast system. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet despite the location in midtown which was good for getting around.

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the location of the hotel. With 1590 rooms this hotel is the biggest hotel in Canada and could get busy at times, however, I am glad to see that you found it to be managed well and enjoyed your visit. Our goal is to have every guest remember how good the stay was and I am glad we created a memory with you.

We hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2011

Canada's largest hotel with 33 floors and almost 1600 rooms, the hotel takes up the best parft of a city block and has 4 entrances - Elm, University, Gerrard and Bay Street. Quite confusing at first, especially as far as central lifts are concerned.
The huge central lobby is very impressive but service seems somewhat distant as you join queues and have to wait your turn for attention.
Location is good and is in easy walking of local pubs, restaurants and malls, especially the neighbouring Eaton Centre: Downtown is nearby, as is Queens Park, though some way from Chinatown, the CN Tower and the Harbour Front
The city reminded me of a scaled down version of New York - noisy, bustling, full of skyscrapers and working cranes but, as with all the Canadian towns & cities we visited, incredibly free from litter and graffiti. Masses of building projects, vehicles and malls but some pleasant leafy streets and residential areas, with expensive condominiums springing up all over the city.
Our bedroom suite was on the 19th floor - a near two minute walk from the nearest lift. Corridors seemed endless and the large bedroom & twin 5' beds contrasted with the small en-suite bathroom. The room was clean and quiet,hanging space was fine but the furniture was dated & worn: the washbasin was cracked, there was no fridge and we were unable to open the window onto the tiny balcony. Perhaps the worst complaint was having to face a vast billboard picture of Simon Cowell smirking across the neighbouring building site!
I found the swimming pool & sauna, the exercise rooms and the swimming pools very impressive and busy, while the restaurants looked inviting - though we deliberately ate out.The top floor restaurant was closed during our 3 night stay which came as a disappointment as the views from there are meant to be spectacular.
An impressive hotel - but not my style or size.

Room Tip: Facing Gerrard Street & Queens Park.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found the location of the hotel convenient. Also, we have renovated all of our corridors and our guest rooms on the lower floors and continually upgrade our guest rooms and features. We have installed iPod docking stations and LCD flat screen TVs in the majority of our upgraded rooms and hope to finish the process soon.

We hope to welcome you back again for the future stay.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Very clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Coffee place right next door is excellent. Close to everything so you can walk to a lot of attractions. Parking garage is a tight squeeze so if you have anything bigger than a small car make sure to look elsewhere for parking. Make sure to ask for a room away from the construction if you want to sleep past 7am.

2  Thank marianacci3

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. These days, not many people have a lot of time to spare. By taking 15 minutes to tell us how we are doing, you are helping on our journey to continuously improve the level of service we are providing to our guests.

I was glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found the location convenient. We work hard as a company to deliver outstanding service to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.