Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
US$261
US$223
  • Restaurant
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$252
US$323
US$303
Travelocity
6,978 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We have stayed here numerous times, and lthough we did not get a 1 bedroom, as I booked too late, the larger suite that was available did squeeze us all in. The service was super fast checking in and out, even with pretty big line ups, and the staff was. Et nice. Room service, although a bit slow, was very good. Great location, and good price. Thebkids activities and pool are wonderful, too.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear rosaliepmcd,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that we have been to accommodate you and your family during your recent stay, and I apologize that we were unable to offer you the one-bedroom suite since it was sold out. I also apologize about the line ups, but am proud of our team members for being efficient while providing excellent service.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Had stayed in this hotel almost every week in the early 1990s when I was involved in a development project at University and Elm and recently took the opportunity to revisit it.

The hotel has not change much - in the older front section. Checkin is always busy as this is very much a tourist hotel in the weekends being very well located in downtown toronto at gerrard and yonge with walking distance to Eaton center, lots of restaurants, city hall, Ontario legislature and the royal ontario museum. Location is undoubtedly first class.

Facility on the hand is much to be desired for a 3.5 star hotel. Bed is not as comfortable and the room is as old as the time I saw it in 1990s with some exception of age and maintenance... the air cond unit is noisy especially when the compressor unit kick in. This plus the noise of sometimes noisy guests talking aloud in the corridor as well as noise from the street front makes sleep a difficult commodity to come by. Then the toilet will spray water out of the lid flooding the floor when the flush button is pressed. The shower sure is different compare to the Markham Chelsea we visited two months ago showing little water pressure. Shower soap container show some corrosion at it edge - though at first it was mold.

Did not check out the pool or excercise room or the local restaurants. One night stay was more than enough. For folks who do not care of the facility or sleep quality but care only on location, this hotel is well priced for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank E-TravellerCanada

Dear E-TravellerCanada,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I apologize that you were unable to enjoy your stay due to certain circumstances and issues with the room. We have renovated our rooms on the lower floors, and I apologize that we were unable to book you into one a returning guest. Our beds, Delta "Sanctuary Bed" are one of the most comfortable hotel beds, and I apologize that you were unable to find it as that. I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel convenient.

We hope that your next stay with us will be a better one.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The rooms are a little small but given the location we spent most of our time wandering around Yonge St and shopping at the Eaton's Centre. We were disappointed that we couldn't get a late check out as our flight was very late but the hotel was 100% booked for the night so we understood. The elevators were a bit slow in the morning around check out time but not bad the rest of the time. The pool was a bit cool but the gym which is in the same room was sweltering. Excellent work out equipment though. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Elaine H,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that you are a returning guest. I apologize once again that we were unable to provide you with a later check out, but thank you for understanding as we are not always able to do so due to the sell out of the hotel. I am glad that you have enjoyed the facilities on Deck 27.

We are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We arrived around 10:30am after travelling by train from Jasper. We hadn't expected our room to be ready but it was, so that was a great start.

The room on the 16th floor had a balcony but the view from it was of other neighbouring buildings and it was too hot to be outside for long. Everything in the room was functional, but a refit is needed pretty soon.

There were 6 "blue" lifts to our floor, but we only ever travelled on 2 of them, and they were always full. We concluded that 4 of the lifts seemed to be out of action.

The staff were really helpful over an excursion we'd pre-arranged to Niagara and assisting us with the express bus to Toronto YYZ Airport.

The hotel is conveniently located and many of the city's primary sights are within walking distance.

There is free wi-fi in the reception area, and only wired internet on the room.

For the most of our stay, we were only in the hotel to sleep so didn't use or even see most of the hotel's facilities, so can't comment further on this busy hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Dear C4JohnD,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online review.

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize though that you had to wait longer than usual for the elevators, and that perhaps not all were functional during your stay. We urge our guests to report any insufficiencies as that allows us to improve our level of service and to resolve any issues right away.

We hope that we will welcome you back again for a stay with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I agree with other reviews about the location and the amenities. While the room may be small, it is bigger than hotel rooms in Manhattan theater district. Parking is $29, but they don't charge "in and out" fees like another hotel where I stayed in Toronto. The Delta Chelsea is a large hotel that accommodates international guests. They have several staff on duty at the desk and at the concierge so service was fast and helpful. I did not eat in their dining room, but did enjoy an evening light meal in the cafeteria dining room. The breakfast options were wonderful. Something for everyone. Outdoor dining was a great option except for the smokers.

Room Tip: choose a room with a balcony on a higher floor to get a view of the city but without the noise. We stayed on the 10th and it was quite nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family