“a little disappointed”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #59 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“a little disappointed”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed at the Delta Chelsea last night and were a little disappointed in the room. The room was old and in obvious need of some attention. The toilet was cracked and leaked water at the base when you flushed it. The wallpaper was peeling in the corner of the bathroom. They had installed a safety railing beside the toilet, but it was so close to the toilet you could not sit on it without the railing touching you. There was a balcony, but the concrete was litterally falling appart. There was no WiFi accept in the hotel lobby. The bathroom, close door and room doors were all so close together the banged into one another.

On the good side the bed was very comfortable and the rest of the room was neat and clean. We have stayed at the Delta Chelsea many times but this was by far the most disappointing room we have had.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear Charles R,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your very recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that the room you were staying in did not meet your expctations and I hope you had a chance to report to a manager for the issues to get fixed. I also apologize about the condition of balcony, as our hotel is about to undergo a major project regarding the renovation of balconies.

We do hope that this experience will not mar your overall opinion of Delta Hotels.

Guest Experience Specialist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Downstairs this is a typical big city centre hotel - busy and efficient. Breakfast quite good despite the number of people; limited cereal choices for those used to European hotel breakfasts. Staff helpful.

Upstairs on the 15th floor the decor in our room was so tired it was jet-lagged: really quite dingy and depressing; if it is inspected regularly by management, they have low expectations. But the bed was comfortable: quite firm.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear Nolabola,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our service and the breakfast, but I am disappointed that the room was not up to our usual standards. We have renovated most of our rooms on lower floors of the hotel, and we are currently scheduling a new phase of renovations to improve our products.

We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2012

After disasterous flood in my home I stayed at the Delta Chelsea. The staff were warm and friendly, always remembering my name. It did feel like second home when I was feeling very displaced and overwhelmed with my personal situation. Staff, especially at front desk went out of their way to accomidate my needs and extend my stay when needed (especailly Humberto). Special thanks to housekeeping, who were friendly and kind and chatted with me daily and worked around the needs of my cat who feared the vacuum!! I really enjoyed some of the live music and food in the evenings at Monarch Pub and great staff who remembered what I liked :-)

Room Tip: High floors facing south are quiet and have a great view. The suites are especially nice with a ful...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank flippergirl62
Dear flippergirl62,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online review.

I am very happy to hear that during a stressful time for you our team went above and beyond to accommodate you, and to make you feel comfortable. I am also glad that you have enjoyed the entertainment and the food at the Monarch's Pub.

We do hope that we will welcome you back in the future, but for a leisure stay with us.

Toronto
Reviewed 16 October 2012

it was a good experience hotel was comfortable, it is central downtown, Eaton Centre mall is within walking distance. There is meter parking outside of the hotel. Lots of restaurants near by and onsite.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetotravel0202
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Dear lovetotravel0202,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us online.

I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and had a great experience. Our Team works very hard to ensure our guests are comfortable and have a pleasant stay. I am also glad that you found the location to be central to many attractions, restaurants and shops in the city.

We hope we will see you at our hotel soon for another stay.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My sister came from U.K. to meet up with me (from Winnipeg) to spend a week together at the Delta Chelsea. This was Sept.26th to Oct. 3rd. Thanks largely to this lovely hotel we had a great time. The room was clean and very comfortable, the pool area well kept and clean. Staff at all times courteous. We ate most of our meals in the Garden Market restaurant there, the selection and quality of food was way above average and reasonably priced. Also, as seniors, we didn't want to go out at night and we found the nightly entertainment in the Monarch Lounge, very good. There was a rock & roll night, a blues night and dancing. We were both very delighted with the hotel;- my sister went home well impressed with Canadian standards.
Joan Douglas, Wpg. Mb.

Room Tip: Ask for room that doesn't overlook the construction sight
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear JOAN D,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our review.

I am very happy to hear about your recent stay, and the time you have shared with your sister. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable room and service at the Front Desk and Recreational Facilities. It is good to hear that you have found our program in the Monarch's Pub very entertaining where you did not feel the need to go out of the hotel.

We do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed 8 nights with my wife.
Hotel is;
In the heart of the city
Easily reach to Pearson by airport express
Very close to subway - Eaton Centre and entertaintment areas of the city
Room and hotel is clean enough
The seperation wall between rooms there is a door; which passes noise to next room is not good
We were pleased to stay there and next time we would prefer this hotel again

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear arcsel,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and the location of the hotel. I do apologize about the noise you have experienced through the connecting door in your room. Please note that not all of our rooms have connecting doors.

We do hope that you will enjoy your next stay with us more.

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Needless to say that a hotel in walking distance to all your intertests automatically gets a few stars. I was with my famiy in a deluxe room for five nights. They put us right behind the elevator..really not suitable for a stay of that duration. We could hear the elevators squel all night! We moved the next morning across the hall which was a bit better. Overall the hotel needs a facelift! Bathroom wall paper was peeling and i was terrified to have my kids near the balcony, which was not welcoming nor did it look like it was taken care of in time. Housekeeping was great, Garden Marketswas a bit overpriced but the conveniece makes up for that. Location, lcation, location was its best feature

• Stayed October 2012
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear Lori S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online review.

I was disappointed to hear that you were not able to enjoy your first night with us due to the location of the room. am pleased that the Front Desk Team was able to move you to a different room the next morning and you were able to enjoy your stay with us more. The location of the hotel is indeed convenient to many points of destination within the city, most attractions are within the walking distance, and it is also close to 2 subway stations. At the moment we are also in the middle of our own "Oktoberfest" at the BB33 restaurant, featuring traditional Austrian cuisine, wines and beer.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and hope you will enjoy that stay more.