“Great time”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #58 of 137 Hotels in Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed here at the Eaton Chelsea on sat Nov 2. I payed 139.99 plus tax and 39$ a day to park unlimited inn's and outs.
PROS: The hotel check in was great, done quickly, checked in at about 12pm. Front service was okay, nothing over the top. Parking was a little awkward, but I did not move my car out the whole time I was there. The lobby was nice, modern, filled with all kinds of people witch was nice. The Lobby has access to all different streets Gerard and Young out of the 1 main lobby. I seen restaurants and people but there but did not try for myself. Everything in the main lobby was clean and well kept. THE LOCATION was amazing really close to Eaton center and subways, 10$ cab ride to night life.
CONS: EXTREMELY SMALL ROOMS! ( like car barely bring a large suit case in, only 1 chair to sit on, not much room to walk around) I was on the 9th floor room 943 in the "red" section, and my room had a queen size bed, a small dresser a flat screen and a TINY bathroom that 2 ppl could barely fit it. The beds were comfy on the plus side BUT the heating sucked, my window was wide open and it was 2 degree's out, so it was feezing, the walls were thin and I could hear everything and my room has no balcony. Personally I did not stay in the hotel alot, as I went there for pleasure and night life, but any "family" type of stay or relaxation, this would not be the spot.
Generally I would recommend this place to a crowd of 18-28 year olds, and I would stay there again if i got an amazing deal.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rocsee0911
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Rocsee0911,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your stay. We are pleased that the hotel was well suited to your needs. I do apologize for the disappointment you felt towards the size of our guest rooms. We offer several different room categories with a variety of sizes and hope that we can better accommodate you on your next visit.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Chelsea with 6 friends in 5 rooms. Hotel lobby is lovely and check-in was easy. Limo had dropped off our bags earlier and concierge was very efficient at getting them for us. Hotel could do with a bit of a spruce up. Wallpaper was starting to peel in my room and shower head, while functional, was coming apart. I found the bed a bit soft for my taste but others liked theirs. I couldn't seem to get the AC to work in my room so slept with the balcony door open a crack to let some air in (I like to sleep cold).

Nothing really special but a very reasonable stay with a great location for downtown.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Argy11669,

Thanks for your review. Pleased to know that your group enjoyed their stay and your check-in process was efficient. I do apologize for the difficulty you had with the heating/cooling unit in your guest room and for the inconvenience this caused throughout the night. I have noted this comment and passed it to our facilities team. We hope to welcome you back again.

Windsor Ontario
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

This place is fine. I've stayed here two times, the lobby is nice, the rooms are clean and contemporary. The central location is great and the staff are very friendly.

I paid 100 dollars for 1 room on a Saturday from Priceline.com. For that price the hotel is great. I can understand some people being upset if they paid 200 or so, as the fixtures in the washroom were old, and in need of replacement. But all in all the hotel is just fine if you get a good price.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Shaner790,

It is great to learn you had an overall enjoyable stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you will come back and visit us soon and take advantage of our "shop and stay" rates and offers in the upcoming holiday season!

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Just spent one night at this hotel which was my second visit in two months. The reception area and restaurants have all been revamped and they are working through the room upgrades.

Not stayed in a refurbished room yet but the existing rooms are clean and well appointed though a little dated.

Will definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Madasahammer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your most recent stays. We are pleased that your stays have been overall enjoyable. We hope that we can continue to welcome you back as a frequent guest and recommend joining the 1865 loyalty program if you are not already a member. The program will allow you to enjoy benefits and earn points. We look forward to your next visit.

Milton, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here over the weekend of November 1, 2013. This was not my first stay with Delta hotels, however it was at this location. The staff were rude, the pool facilities are outdated and dirty and this hotel is most definitely not even close to being worth the money. My advise is to spend the extra money and stay at the Royal York as it is a paradise compared to this place. As well, should you decide to stay here, please be advised that they are very sensitive to any noise after midnight and that they have a policy which allows them to evict you from your room with no warning, charging you a $200 fine on your way out. Needless to say this was our situation. I understand that people are trying to sleep and it needs to be queit after a certain time, however putting someone out on the street is no way to treat a guest, charging them a fee of $200 dollars is no way to treat anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Jerusalem Israel
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel might once have been a really good one and if it was redone could be one again but in its present condition really deserves no more than an average.
We were three family members all with the same last name. Each family unit however booked separately as we were staying for varying lengths of time. Somehow the hotel managed to dump the reservations all together so that each couple had problems when checking in. There was no line up when we arrived but it still took us over 15 minutes to check in because of the mix up.
Our room was on the 19th floor and had two double beds. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were lovely. The first day I could say the same of the towels. The second day however, we got two sets of towels which looked like one was the poor cousin of the other. The one set was nice and new, clean and a pleasure to use. The second was so old that you could see through it. It was no longer white and would have made a good rag.
We also found that the hotel was noisy and the cafeteria had very little variety and was very overpriced.
The best thing about the hotel was that it was just a few meters away from the venue of the wedding we were all attending so that we didn't have to look for parking late at night.
It is doubtful if we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Vdl2c,

Dear Joe R Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we take every comment seriously and use them to improve our product. I am sorry that your check in process was so displeasing to you and caused delays in your plans. I can assure you that this is not the level of service our front desk agents are aiming to provide. Your comments are important and will be shared with our management team to review our areas of biggest opportunity. I hope that we may welcome you back to the hotel in the future.