“Family friendly”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #60 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed two nights with four children under 7 (two in their grandparents' room). Lobby was nicely decorated for Xmas and Santa Claus was there :) The children were greeted with a bag of bath toys and small books. Room and hallways were spotless, taps in bathtub were a little older but worked fine. Beds were comfortable, room was a bit small but average for downtown T.O. The kids' facilities were awesome, my kids had a great time in the playroom/ craft centre though it was right by the pool and very warm in there. Family pool was clean and well-maintained, lifejackets were provided which was handy for the little ones, and my eldest enjoyed the waterslide. A small billing issue was resolved with great customer service from front desk staff. All in all very satisfied and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in a room ending in -58 and there was a little noise from the elevator shaft, might want to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. You can trust that this information is important to us and used to improve services. We are pleased that your overall experience was most enjoyable and the staff you encountered provided friendly service. We could not be happier you chose to stay with us during the holiday season.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Alistair
Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Write a ReviewReviews (6,689)

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed at the Eaton Chelsea when we were in town to attend a company Christmas function. We found the location perfect for getting to and from the party and shopping. The room was quiet and the bed comfortable. However, we did not have breakfast at the hotel as we found even the simple items on the menu to be overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Londonjohnsons,

Thank you for the feedback from your most recent stay. We are pleased that our locations and services are well suited for your needs when visiting Toronto. I would like to apologize for the disappointment you felt with the prices on our breakfast menu, and will send your comments to our Food and Beverage Department. We look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Spent a week here for a city break in Toronto as other reviewers have mentioned the rooms are tired looking and in need of massive refurbishment, i can appreciate that the hotel will be undergoing a huge update program and if the lobby is anything to go by it will be fabulous.
I had a corner room on the 19th Floor overlooking Yonge Street the room was clean well heated and the beds comfortable.
The hotel staff were polite and very helpful,the location is central and everything is within walking distance. I would stay here again after the refurb is completed. Did i enjoy my stay i can say i did, its not over the top in price to stay here and for a city hotel it ticks all the boxes.Look forward to returning to see what an updated Eaton Chelsea Hotel looks like.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Globalbum,

Thank you for posting you review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us, and the lobby renovations were to your liking. We are planning to start renovations on our guest rooms in the new year and we are very excited to have them completed.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the new year and another great stay!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed here on a weekend trip to Toronto, I must say I was quite satisfied with the hotel, we got an excellent price on Priceline for the room so no complaints on the price. The hotel lobby is big and bright and feels like it has been recently renovated.

Our room felt a bit tired but it was very clean, my only annoyance is that it was very far from the elevator and our balcony was closed for renovations, same with the pool, we hoped to go for a swim but it was closed for work which I find a bit unusual since it is family holiday season and a lot of families probably stay at the hotel. The kiddy pool on the 2nd floor had reserved hours for adults but that was not attractive to us.

Hotel offered underground parking with in and out for about $30/day which was reasonable. Overall I enjoyed my experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear geeteq,

Thank you for reviewing your stay and posting it on TripAdvisor. We are extremely pleased you received a good value and a great room rate for your stay with us. I would like to express my sincere apologies for the maintenance work and annual closure on our Deck 27. I regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Chelsea for business. The hotel has changed ownership in the past few years and has made some improvements - but has a way to go. The room price was actually quite good, but the room itself was tired, with visible wear on the furniture edges and the extra chair in the room. It was visibly clean, but seemed stale and made you wonder if it really was totally clean. The lobby was nice, restaurant bright but extremely over priced. The pub was dark, dirty and out-dated (although the live music was good). Valet parking was exorbitantly priced. I would stay again for business but there are other hotels in the area that cost just a bit more and are worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear WinstonReid,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry that you were unable to enjoy yourself while staying with us and that the conditions of your room were not up to standard. We pride ourselves in maintaining a high level of service, and I am sorry but we have failed in this instance. I have sent your comments to our Rooms Division to follow up and I can assure you your feedback has not been taken lightly.

We hope to welcome you back for a much better stay in the near future.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

First time staying here since the change to Eaton from Delta and noticed a new freshness of the lobby décor and self serve dining area. Rooms are still tired and in need of serious updating but are clean. Opted for the bed & breakfast option but none of the staff seemed to know how the breakfast option worked. Still had to wait longer than necessary for valet parking to have the car ready on check out. Bartender was in his own little world and didn't notice us sitting at a clearly visible table for 10 minutes before serving us. Not the best service experience but the location of the hotel is convenient

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear WinstonReid,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay.

I would like to apologize that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to provide exceptional service which creates memories for our guests. I apologize that we failed to provide you an experience that was exceptional. We are currently updating our balconies and we plan to renovate our guest rooms in the new year. I am also truly sorry that you were disappointed with the price of our valet parking. We do feel that our prices are in tune with other competitive downtown market.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back for a much better stay.

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Chelsea Eaton for business and was hugely impressed. I brought a group in to Toronto for a one day meeting, which required all the participants stay the night prior to the event, and getting a quote from the Chelsea was in my mind just a formality to have comparative bids. I had actually already decided on another property. However on speaking with Rebecca I was offered a price and package that could not be met or bettered by any of the other hotels. Her assistance was simply outstanding and my meeting rolled out perfectly from arrival to departure. No detail was too small for the hotel's attention and the staff was genuinely a pleasure encounter.
The Chelsea, as I recall from its Delta days, has always had a big city/big hotel charm that can't be duplicated in smaller properties but under new management the property just sparkles.The Market Garden is finally the culinary treat it always had the potential to be.The B33 Bistro has a cosmopolitan glamour that makes it not just a convenient place to eat when staying in the hotel but truly a destination of choice. My group had a wonderful evening in the Monarch Pub with live music and a party atmosphere and the quiet lounge was a comfortable oasis for post meeting debriefing over a glass of wine.
The guest rooms were more spacious than remembered and the furnishings and linen were rated quite highly by my meeting participants. I regret not having the time to enjoy the pool and fitness area but I have booked a second meeting in the Chelsea Eaton for next month.
I would also return on pleasure as the location is convenient to both uptown and downtown shopping and an easy walk to the theater district. As an added bonus it is just steps to Elm Street which provides a wealth of dining options.

Dear Brenda K,

Thank you for taking the to post your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased that you and your colleagues chose Eaton Chelsea Toronto for your business meeting, and that Rebecca was able to provide a rate that met your expectations. I am also truly pleased we were able to accommodate you with exceptional service from check in to check out, and that you enjoyed our BB33 and Market Garden restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back next month for another fantastic stay and a chance for you to enjoy our swimming pool!