“Great Place to sleep!”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #60 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Comfortable beds to sleep in. Close to the Toronto General Hospital for appointments. (within walking distance so you can leave your vehicle parked). Fitness Centre to work out in or go for a swim (adults only). Pool for children on separate floor. Did not get a chance to eat at the restaurants but will check it out when we are there again in October.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear DEBBIE K,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to learn of your overall enjoyable experience. On your next visit be sure to try out the lobby level restaurants as both Market Garden and T|Bar have undergone major renovations are complete menu changes. Looking forward to welcoming you back in October!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Was there several time for business. Perfectly located downtown, very great gym and pool on the top of the hotel. Clean, calm, good services, nice view if your on the highest floor. Many good restaurant around, theatre, etc. My favorite downtown Toronto!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear cowboysolitaire,

Thank you for sharing your kind words and for choosing The Eaton Chelsea Toronto. There is so much to enjoy both on property and in the surrounding area, and I’m pleased that we were able to provide a special experience for you. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another visit soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Eaton Chelsea is a very large and comfortable hotel close to Dundas Square, the Bay St. Bus Terminal and Nathan Philips Square. Check-in and check-out were fast and efficient and their email communications were quick and useful.Staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. WiFi is free in comfortable rooms that offer a Queen sized bed, easy chair, desk and office chair with WiFi and fibre-optic computer access and flat screen TV.

The room was well decorated with excellent modern art, and was very comfortable, clean and quiet. Good value for the price (which varies considerably from day to day). Two small problems occurred: the hot/cold indications on the shower were reversed and on a warm day the air conditioning was not functioning. We could get heat but no cool air. Fortunately the window allowed us to cool the room,and on the 22nd floor the noise level was acceptable. This hotel is a good choice for a Toronto visit,especially if you choose days with low room rates.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Redfox-7

Dear Redfox-7,

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words. Your review was a true delight to read, and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. We appreciate your review and business, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here on a family vacation in two rooms and was told by the receptionist that we had been complimentary upgraded! The room was booked by a travel company as part of a multi-city travel package, so accepted what I was given and hoped that they had some feedback from previous customers. Having read the reviews after the booking was made, I was aware of the issues pointed out by other guests. We stayed in rooms 724 and 723 which is outward facing to Gerrard Street (red lift side of the hotel - odd numbered room face a different direction). I cannot emphasise how poor the sound insulation is to the outside street noise, even to the late nite conversations of drunk people 7 stories below or the car/motor bikes that constantly race up and down. It appears that Gerrard street acts as an echo chamber amplifying the noise - couple that with the worst pillows and uncomfortable bed (the smallest double bed out of all the hotels I have stayed in whilst in America). The room itself was very cramped (even with the small double beds) as was the bathroom, which made it difficult to get inside and close the door. So if this was a so called upgrade what was the standard room like? I had hoped previous reviewers were wrong and maybe if had we been given a renovated room that faced inwards, I would not be so harsh in my comments?
I could go on picking faults like; the hair clip/clamp that we found at the back of the bed, balcony out of use, noisy a/c unit etc. but just want to warn people as to my experience and to why the hotel carries such a low satisfaction rating from other guests. I do have to say on the positive side, no problems with check in or out and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Obviously the receptionist had been told to tell all guest they had been upgraded as part of the "feel good" factor! Be warned and take note of the room numbers I stayed in and seriously consider staying elsewhere, as no doubt if the manager does reply he will offer some condolences/apologies and welcome me back...which he may as well save his breath, as I you only get one chance to make a first impression and they have had theirs with me!

Room Tip: Remember the even number rooms 724, 732 (red lift side of the hotel) face Gerrard Street which you w...
2  Thank leec58
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Leec58,

We thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay with us. I apologize for the disappointment you felt towards the size of your guestroom and the noise produced from local street traffic and pedestrians. With the recent building of a 80 story building across the street, it is understandable why the noise seems to travel. Our current balcony project is addressing the issue. I have shared your feedback back with the hotel management for review.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Very good room. Fine service (they were happy to send up an extra chair to accommodate two people who are wedded to their laptops). The adult pool complex had my wife asking if we could extend the stay by a week. The hotel shows some signs of its age, but it could very easily become our hotel of choice when we stay in Toronto.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bill M,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Our Deck 27 adult fitness center and pool is a favorite among our regular guests. We have started many projects to being renovating many areas of the hotel with the most recent completion being the lobby and lobby level restaurants. We are excited for the completion of our balcony restoration project and to share the updated feature with our guests. We hope to welcome you and your wife back very soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Tops for families. Two swimming pools: 2nd floor family fun center includes indoor cork-screw water slide and children's play room with rabbits. 27th floor has gym, jacuzzi, and exercise equipment. Good restaurants in lobby, good location, friendly staff was helpful.

Dear BOz1008,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your families recent stay at the Eaton Chelsea Toronto. We are delighted to learn that our family facilities and location made for an enjoyable experience overall. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked this room through one of the main travel sites. And I had stayed here before, in 2010.
It definitely has an updated look, compared to the first stay, and we had a lovely time. Except for two things...
1. There wasn't AC. When we called down to the front desk to see if we had turned the dial improperly or something, they informed us that there was no AC... Something about the way they were running things at the time... And we couldn't open our window, so the room got stuffy.
2. When we arrived, I dropped something on the floor and it rolled under the bed. Lifting up the bedskirt, I saw a Cheeto pretty much right at the edge, just under the skirt. We were staying two nights, so I decided to leave it and see if it was gone once the maid came in to clean after our first night... It was still there when we left on the second morning.
Now, aside from those two things, this hotel was wonderful! We arrived at 7:30 on a Friday night and it took no time at all to check in! We parked ourselves, saving $10 on the valet parking! Checking out could've been done in the room, with the tv, but we wanted a paper receipt.
They were very prompt in getting us extra towels, and answering every question we had.
We grabbed tickets for the aquarium through the concierge and they brought the tickets up to the room.
The room itself was nice, but a little cramped for 4 people.
I would stay here again, if I could get a good deal like both the times I stayed. I wouldn't pay the full price for a night, though...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear RebelHeart87,

We thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback from your recent stay. It is wonderful to learn of your overall enjoyable experience. I would like to apologize that the temperature in your guest room was to high. During the transition from winter to spring it can be difficult to maintain constant temperatures throughout to hotel. I have passed your feedback to our director of facilities for review. I would also like to apologize for the item under the bed in your guest room. We have programs in place to ensure cleanliness, and I apologize they have failed in this instance. I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.