Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$248
Delta Hotels Toronto(Toronto)
US$675
US$616
6,980 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This huge hotel is undergoing renovations that I imagine will take a few years. The new
bedrooms are quite fine, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom in my two last stays
were rather dated, so i imagine those are on the renovation schedule as well. The
corridors were a bit tired. They are working on many of the balconies as well. Nice location
close to the metro and midway from the downtown core to Yorkville.

If you look around for pricing, you can get a decent room rate.. ie. I booked direct with the hotel at 40% less than the standard rates.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated bedroom
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CdnHotelGuy
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights (although due to missed connection and we actually only stayed for 3 nights).

Upon arrival we were very tired and incredbly thankful to have arrived at the hotel (following a nightmare journey with a toddler.)

We were due to arrive on the Fri evening but didn't get there until early saturday morning 11am. Most people were checking out and we went to the desk to check in. explained our journey and the woman quite matter of factly just said did you call ahead. We had tried to call but we really had been on such an epic journey and I couldn't get my UK mobile to dial the number I had on my booking so we explained this . To which she responded well we will still charge you for the extra night.

To be honest I didn't expect to get a refund, but it would have been nice if the lady had been a bit more friendly and welcoming. I felt like I was at school and being told off. Anyway All I wanted was to get to the room and have a shower so was grateful when we go the key card. (we'd been travelling for 36 hours!)

The actual hotel reception area was nice what you would expect from a nice hotel.

Our room was lovely! Big bed, sitting area, massive and spacious just what you want when travelling with a young child and there was plenty of room to put up our make shift blow up bed for our daughter (1 year old).

I'm sure I hadn't booked such a nice room and perhaps it was a room upgrade but nobody said that just my guess. We got the room on lastminute.com at an amazing rate and it really was great value for the hotel considering location and room we had! so very happy on that front.

Bed was very comfy and I had great sleep. Bathroom was also great, a bit small but totally fine and the shower head had lots of different settings and it was a great shower!

room was clean, there was a plug that was hanging off the wall, not great with a one year old wondering around, we actually forgot to report it (mostly because the staff were so difficult to communicate with) but we just blocked it up with one of our cases.

We also used the family pool area and family kids room which was excellent. also open until quite late which is good to go for a swim after spending the day sightseeing.

We went for a brunch/lunch once we arrived, mostly due to lack of energy to go anywhere else and we were all starving. they were just changing over the breakfast to lunch so it was a bit awkard. Then when we went to pay we were shocked at how expensive it was! (although food in toronto is quite expensive) The food and restuarant were perfectly fine however we though a little over priced so we didn't go back there.

Location is very good very central and easy to find and navigate the way around the city.

the only problem I really have was with the staff behind the reception desk, on one occasion our room key stopped working, I waited with my dauther at the room while my husband popped down to sort it out. I'm 4 months pregnant and we were all tired from a day walking around the town.

My husband come back up to tell me they won't activate the key because the room was in my name, So I had to go down to the desk with ID (well my ID was in the room, My husband had his ID and his credit card he had put down at reception when we checked in.) but either way I, my daughter and husband all had to go back down to the desk.

This time we went to another person, would reactivated the key using my husbands ID no questions asked. I just found overall the staff on the desk were not very friendly. but perhaps that is what you get with a large hotel like this although I rate customer service highly when I think about an experience and I don't rate the customer service in this hotel.

If you can get a good rate at this hotel it is deffinately worth a stay, not sure I would rush back but I certainly would consider staying here if the price was right.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank banana0411
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Terrific location and great amenities but rooms very tired. Furniture in the living room old and marked up and couch worn with tear.
Paid extra for a suite but this made me ineligible to have a late check out. Not happy with this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear hgran,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate and use feedback to improve services around the hotel and let staff know how they are doing. I have shared your feedback regarding the condition of your room to the management team for review as they seek out the areas with greatest opportunities. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

No problems with room 2248. Room spacious, updated ,clean. Balcony door opened ,nice view over College Park towards shopping Mall. Excellent breakfast at Richtree in Mall. So not as bad as some reviewers have reported. Staff helpful,ordered tours online and given hotel email to get printouts, same with boarding cards etc. Thanks to Eaton Chelsea for comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Ask for quiet,away from elevator,with balcony door that opens
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cellardyke

Dear Cellardyke,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted that you found the room spacious and well suited to your needs. We are also glad to learn of the excellent service provided by the concierge. Be sure to download our new hotel app through your favorite mobile app store to bring your stay experience to the next level!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel has a very helpful and friendly staff even in their busiest moments took the time to help with any questions. They offer many amenities to families,it's kid friendly. They have a great little workout room,sauna,towel service(no charge) to use. Beautiful pool and hot tub with a roof top view of city and sun taning area. The hotel was located to many attractions within walking distance. Many stores and great eatery's close by lot's to choose from. The hotel also has many of it's own restaurants and bars to choose from. Toronto is some what expensive so keep that in mind,but remember you are in the downtown area. They also do money exchange in the hotel very covienient. Many places in Toronto take american bills.

Room Tip: There is an Airport shuttle that brings you to many hotels and the Eaton is one of the stops it takes a little longer to get to your destination but much cheaper than a taxi. Bus is approx. $25.00 while a taxi can be near $60.00.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank boopdboop

Dear boopdboop,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and delighted to learn of your most enjoyable stay. We are glad you had the chance to check out the newly renovated Market Garden as well as T|Bar. We greatly look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to welcome you back!