“Central Location”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #60 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was my first stay since Eaton took over the hotel and l want to share that l was impressed with the re-modelling. The lighter colors throughout the lobby totally brighten the area! I have no complaints about the hotel or the room. My room was nice, the bed was comfortable, and the water pressure in the shower was great! My room looked out onto Yonge Street, and that in itself was entertaining! The hotel food/restaurant(s) were decent in taste and price, and the location was very good (central to my business activities in the city). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nshwaaswi

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed there for world pride week and the staff was amazing and very gay friendly with everyone. We loved that even though the hotel was completely full those days the service was good, it wasn't loud and they even gave away free lemonade and popcorn to the guests (which I find as a really good compliment). The room was good, clean and had comfortable mattress. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone, the best part is that it was very close to all Toronto's main attractions, malls, bars and streets. My only recommendation would be to remodel the rooms as they are old, especially the bathroom and the balcony.
Amazing stay though!!!

Room Tip: On 23rd floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julio D
Reviewed 8 July 2014

close to what I was doing. downtown.
not happy with looking at things on the roof outside my window
friendly staff.
patio needs to have wait staff
wish there had been better arrow markings on the floor to direct me to the parking garage

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2014

First hotel of our maple leaf tour with newmarket travel great location of Gerrard street and within easy walk of restaurant and shops and Tim hortons the staff where pleasant and helpful and it was a spacious sitting area the room's where clean and spacious and if we had a problem we only had to ask my traveling companions where both 80 and there 1st visit to canada and this hotel made it a perfect start to the tour thankyou for your lovely welcome you gave us and this would be a hotel I would stay in again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Joanne d,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent stay. We are delighted that you visited along side some first time travelers to Toronto as our location is very close to all the major attractions, shopping and dinning. We look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

When we booked, this property was a Delta. We had stayed there before. The hotel is in a great location with easy access to anything in downtown Toronto close to subway and Eaton Centre. The room was very comfortable with King bed. The rate was quite reasonable. It was clean and the view was not important but it is also close to Sick Children's Hospital. I understand they may offer a preferred rate for Hospital Visitors so you need to ask. We stayed for 4 nights and the service was very good. The sort of cafeteria style food service on the ground floor was good and we used it a few times.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Cmikey,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to learn of your most enjoyable time with us and happy that you have continued to stay with us through our transition. We do indeed have special rates for those requiring to be near hospital and glad that this option is well suited to you. We look forward to your next stay and to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hotel is in a fantastic location, right in the heart of down town Toronto. Rooms are relatively cheap, clean and comfortable. They were great for what we had in mind (which was a place to crash at night after being out all day) but I can't imagine it would be too good for couples or older people who wanted a quiet or cozy hotel with a personal feel. Staff are nice enough but always look rushed off their feet as the front lobby is always rammed with people.
The fitness and children facilities are really excellent - a lot better than many other, higher priced places so really great if you like swimming or have kids.

Room Tip: Ask for somewhere away from elevators but within the green elevator range because that tower has fre...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear naomi c,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to learn that the hotel provided a great spot to rest after a busy day in the city. We hope that on your next visit you will be able to enjoy some of the hotels great amenities including our newly renovated and re-named lobby bar, T|Bar. Serving homemade caesars that are sure to please. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Eaton Chelsea (formerly the Delta Chelsea) has been around for quite a while on Gerrard near Yonge, just north of the Eaton Centre. I was pleased to see that the lobby has recently had a facelift. It's now bright and wide-open, with a huge central self-serve restaurant called Market Garden that's perfect for grabbing a coffee or light breakfast, and a cosy lounge called Tbar that makes five specialty Caesars (if you like yours spicy, try the Whassaabi).
I was really impressed to find out the hotel has two pools — a large one on the second floor for families with a corkscrew water slide and a quiet adults-only pool on the top floor (if only I had remembered to bring my bathing suit!)
The hotel has more than 1,500 rooms and I'm told they are all on tap to be refreshed over the next couple of years. Even so, I found my room to be quiet and comfortable. The wifi was free and speedy, something I really appreciate. And the staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SheWrites_ca

Dear SheWrites_ca,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We are delighted that the new look of the lobby and updates to our Market Garden restaurant was pleasing to see and use during your stay. We hope that upon your next visit you'll remember your swim suite so you'll have a chance to enjoy a relaxing swim on our 27th floor pool deck. See you again soon!