“Great values and service”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #59 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Eaton Chelsea is centrally located in the city of Toronto, easy access to shopping mall - Eaton, subway, food outlets, walking distance to CN Tower, Rogers Stadium,Queen Street for all haberdashery interests. Very busy Hotel throughout the day But the Front Desk Staff are very courteous, helpful, and easy approachable...... There are several lifts and they are colour coded for easy assess to your rooms and floor The room I have itself is very clean, a TV , well stocked with toiletries, kettle with tea and coffee making facilities , a balcony , twin double beds , decor is dated But one does not bother as one is away most of the day ......Decor slightly outdated but one does not mind . I was given extended time till 3 pm on the day of checkout and was informed that my bags can be stored with the Concierge till I leave as my flight was not due till midnight on that day which was very nice But I would like to make a suggestion to Management that maybe they can consider charging half rate for the use of the room till 9 pm at the most so that one can have a late shower and change of clothes prior to departure to airport.i will definately recommend this hotel to anyone who is interested .....keep up the good work and standard !!!

Room Tip: Very centralised in the city, easy access to food outlets, restaurants, shopping and sight seeing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 July 2014

A great place to stay. The staff are friendly and very accommodating. The hotel is clean, newly renovated and has all the amenities.eg restaurant, convenience shop, bar, swimming pools (children have a separate pool). And very close to shopping, restaurants, bars , etc. Price is also very competitive. Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank loadie49
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was my first stay since Eaton took over the hotel and l want to share that l was impressed with the re-modelling. The lighter colors throughout the lobby totally brighten the area! I have no complaints about the hotel or the room. My room was nice, the bed was comfortable, and the water pressure in the shower was great! My room looked out onto Yonge Street, and that in itself was entertaining! The hotel food/restaurant(s) were decent in taste and price, and the location was very good (central to my business activities in the city). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nshwaaswi
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed there for world pride week and the staff was amazing and very gay friendly with everyone. We loved that even though the hotel was completely full those days the service was good, it wasn't loud and they even gave away free lemonade and popcorn to the guests (which I find as a really good compliment). The room was good, clean and had comfortable mattress. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone, the best part is that it was very close to all Toronto's main attractions, malls, bars and streets. My only recommendation would be to remodel the rooms as they are old, especially the bathroom and the balcony.
Amazing stay though!!!

Room Tip: On 23rd floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julio D
Reviewed 8 July 2014

close to what I was doing. downtown.
not happy with looking at things on the roof outside my window
friendly staff.
patio needs to have wait staff
wish there had been better arrow markings on the floor to direct me to the parking garage

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2014

First hotel of our maple leaf tour with newmarket travel great location of Gerrard street and within easy walk of restaurant and shops and Tim hortons the staff where pleasant and helpful and it was a spacious sitting area the room's where clean and spacious and if we had a problem we only had to ask my traveling companions where both 80 and there 1st visit to canada and this hotel made it a perfect start to the tour thankyou for your lovely welcome you gave us and this would be a hotel I would stay in again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Joanne d,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent stay. We are delighted that you visited along side some first time travelers to Toronto as our location is very close to all the major attractions, shopping and dinning. We look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

Guest Experience Specialist
Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Reviewed 8 July 2014

When we booked, this property was a Delta. We had stayed there before. The hotel is in a great location with easy access to anything in downtown Toronto close to subway and Eaton Centre. The room was very comfortable with King bed. The rate was quite reasonable. It was clean and the view was not important but it is also close to Sick Children's Hospital. I understand they may offer a preferred rate for Hospital Visitors so you need to ask. We stayed for 4 nights and the service was very good. The sort of cafeteria style food service on the ground floor was good and we used it a few times.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Cmikey,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to learn of your most enjoyable time with us and happy that you have continued to stay with us through our transition. We do indeed have special rates for those requiring to be near hospital and glad that this option is well suited to you. We look forward to your next stay and to welcome you back.

Guest Experience Specialist