Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Delta Hotels Toronto(Toronto)
US$639
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$246
US$288
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
6,984 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Eaton Chelsea is a decent hotel for the money - just don't expect anything special. It is in a great location and provides a good home base if you are going to be exploring the city. Rooms are a little tired, but generally clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kiwi-33333
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here this past weekend. The beds were comfortable, the pool area clean and the check in and check out were uneventful. The location was good and there are plenty of amenities on site.

However, I was disgusted by the smell in our room. It smelled like a wet basement. There was no working fan in the bathroom. I assume that was the reason for the smell. When we called down to the front desk we were told that they would have maintenance look at it. As we were out all day I have no idea if they popped by it if they did anything but there was still no working fan when we got back. Upon calling the front desk again and advising that I was very sensitive to smells, they advised that none of the bathrooms have working fans (odd, why have then then?) They offered to send up an air purifier. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to find a man with air freshening spray. He told me they had no purifiers, it was spray or nothing. I'm sensitive to smells and allergic to perfumes and why on earth would you want to try and cover the smell up? No thank you!

Housekeeping also had some issues. They made my daughters bed with the remote in it and they didn't bother to get the hair clump out of the tub.

It was an unpleasant experience but it could have been worse. We have stayed here before without issue but next time we'll stick with the Royal York.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Chose this hotel due to how close it was to everything in downtown Toronto. Rooms were nice and spacious and clean. It was great to have a balcony not many hotels have them nowadays. There were 2 things that were a bit of a drag but not a big deal. First the elevators are a bit confusing as there a different elevators which go to different floors and they are colour coded. Second was the price of parking for the two days we were they. $29 a day for self park is a bit expensive but what are you going to do. Never had a issue with hot water considering the hotel was completely booked. Lots of restaurants, bars and shopping close to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbardossy
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Cbardossy,

Thank you for providing feedback from your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the amenities we offer. We understand that the hotel is large and can be confusing, which is why we have launched our new hotel app, which will provide guests with internal maps, guiding directions, restaurant recommendations, entertainment schedule, and more. Simply visit your favorite mobile app store to download for free. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Guest Experience Specialist
Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Was a really nice hotel. clean and welcoming hotel. room was clean spacious, staff was very friendly took good care of us. will deffenitally go back. complementary brekfest was very nice and enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Cbfourr,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to learn that your stay was overall enjoyable. Be sure to download our new hotel app in your favorite mobile app store before your next visit!

Guest Experience Specialist
Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Reviewed 22 July 2014

my visit was short did not have the chance to enjoy the hotel but from what I seen and comments from other people they were enjoying themselves kids loved the waterslide
my room was very nice and clean and the bed was exceptionally comfortable would love to go back again for a longer stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo