7,368 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hotelelm streeteaton centrebusy hotelmarch breakcentral locationyonge stcn towerheart of downtowngerrardsubwayconcierge
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Although looking quite dated and worn now, this is still pretty value for downtown Toronto. The central location makes it ideal for a Toronto getaway. The staff was very friendly and helpful too.
Large hotel; check in and out can be very slow. Elevator wait time is sometimes painful, especially at check out time.

Room Tip: For the better rooms (updated), ask for the club level. However rates are higher for these rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

First impression was amazing. Big. Busy. Full of life. Second impression. Awful. Smelled like smoke. Dirty mildewy towels left in room. No housekeeping the second day. Had to call and get towels - took over an hour to get them. When they arrived, they were not clean. Informed hotel staff upon departure and was told the feedback would be passed on, but no compensation could be provided.

Room was old and small. Washroom was tiny, dirty, and dates. Even the balcony was dirty. Wallpaper was peeling off walls.

Less than impressed and won't be returning or recommending.

The best part was how fast I was able to check out. People were running out the door.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Josh M
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend and I must say it was the worst hotel stay I have ever had by far. Besides how outdated the hotel was, the service was horrendous and the staff were at times blantantly rude for no reason.

We waited to check in for 20 minutes. Once checked in I asked about a bag that was being dropped off for me at the hotel and was told the Concierge had it. When I asked the concierge she said she did not have it,the bag was not in the hotel. After THREE visits to the concierge desk and after confirming THREE times that my bad was dropped off at the hotel the conceirge told us to check with the gentleman whose desk was literally attached to hers, who was literally within arms reach as he likely had our bag. it took TWO HOURS and THREE visits for her to think of sending us to a coworker. That is completely unaceptable. If it was even a remote possibility she should have checked with her coworker when I first enquired. But even asking him herself was too difficult: she had to get us to do it. Completely ridiculous!!!

Later when I asked if I exited to my left out of the Gerrard entrance, I would end up at University, I was told "I have no idea. It isnt my job to give you directions." Really. The guy at the front door can;t give me a simple yes or no in regards to the direction I need to travel.

When we awake the next morning and went to shower there was no hot water. When I called I was told there were a lot of people at the hotel to be patient the water temperature would improve. An hour later I was forced to take a frigidly cold shower before checking out. If you cannot support a full hotel with at least warm water, you need to reevaluate some of the operations. A cold shower in the morning is beyond unacceptable.

Overall I have to say I have never been so angry about a hotel stay. The only helpful staff were two gentlemen. The women working at the conceirge desk were completely useless and some members of staff were downright rude. I work with a lot of people and youth and I have never been so poorly treated in my entire life.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mpetey86
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Old, outlived, poor and dirty.
Only positive thing is the location in the center of Toronto.
Regular double bed rooms are broken and unrenovated, the "deluxe" rooms should've been renovated, but are too broken and come in a mess of ugly brownish colors.
No 4 stars at all, in Europe you wouldn't expect 2 stars at all !

• Stayed: August 2014
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Montiplack,

Thank you for your feedback. You can trust that all feedback and comments are used to improve our services and facilities as well as let our staff know how they are doing. I am sorry to learn of the overall disappointment you felt during your stay. We are in the process of planning the next phase in our renovations project. Your comments will help the team identify our areas of biggest opportunity.

Guest Experience Specialist
Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I just returned today from our mini-honeymoon. I choose the Eaton Chelsea based on the price, location, and what the room had to offer. I choose a Club Room, because the idea of a continental breakfast and evening appetizers appealed to us.

We checked in late Friday evening, and it was busy. The front desk staff moved the line along quickly, and when my husband and I ran into some issues, the gentleman who helped us was helpful, understanding and courteous.

We were slightly disappointed with the size of the room, but that was quickly forgotten. We had a king sized bed, the room was clean, and the view....wonderful. We were able to look out on our balcony and see the city lit up with a great view of the CN Tower. I wish there had been a mini fridge or something similar though. The room was well stocked with the little extras. Overall we were very pleased with the room.

The continental breakfast Saturday morning was decent, and the one this morning was...well terrible. It really felt like we had received all the leftovers from the rest of the hotel. The food was overcooked and bland, and I am really glad that I didn't have to pay extra for breakfast....I ended up eating elsewhere after I checked out.

The elevators are horrible, and don't seem to like floor 25...often that floor would be skipped. More than a few times we'd get off at a different floor and take the stairs. And they are slow...having to wait in line for an elevator was not fun...not fun at all.

We were supposed to be able to get WIFI in our room, and it was touchy. Worked only half the time. It was quite frustrating, but not a deal breaker.

The hotel was a great home base for our weekend. After shopping, it was a quick walk back to drop off our bags. It was an $11 cab ride from the CN Tower. There are many little restaurants and shops to see in the surrounding area. We parked the car when we arrived, and it didn't leave the garage till we went home.

The staff was really nice, and helpful, and made the stay more enjoyable. I don't think there was a single moment where I could say I had an issue with a staff member.

We didn't experience everything this hotel had to offer, but we're looking forward to our next trip so that we can.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda D

Dear Amanda D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your most recent stay with us. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us when visiting Toronto and that your overall stay was most enjoyable. Your comments regarding your breakfast on the second day are concerning to us, and have been shared with our Food and Beverage team for review. We look forward to your next visit and for you to experience all aspects of the hotel.

Guest Experience Specialist