7,439 results
All reviews market garden adult pool family pool huge hotel elm street eaton centre busy hotel march break central location yonge st cn tower heart of downtown bit dated gerrard subway concierge
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My son and I stayed at the Eaton after appointments at sick kids. I understand we had a hospital rate, however, the room was small. The toilet had issues flushing and the mirror kept falling off the wall in the room. The worst part is this. A friend dropped off a package and I was called to go get it. I couldn't since my son was asleep so they said they would send someone up in 30mins. I waited in the bathroom (as to wake my son) and no one came or knocked. I went then in the room and turned on some tv and an hour later, I noticed an envelop on the chair by the door. AN EMPLOYEE OPENED MY DOOR TO MY ROOM WITHOUT KNOCKING OR BEING GRANTED PERMISSION TO ENTER!!! My son was sleep in that room! Not impressed.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sabrina S
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Although looking quite dated and worn now, this is still pretty value for downtown Toronto. The central location makes it ideal for a Toronto getaway. The staff was very friendly and helpful too.
Large hotel; check in and out can be very slow. Elevator wait time is sometimes painful, especially at check out time.

Room Tip: For the better rooms (updated), ask for the club level. However rates are higher for these rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

First impression was amazing. Big. Busy. Full of life. Second impression. Awful. Smelled like smoke. Dirty mildewy towels left in room. No housekeeping the second day. Had to call and get towels - took over an hour to get them. When they arrived, they were not clean. Informed hotel staff upon departure and was told the feedback would be passed on, but no compensation could be provided.

Room was old and small. Washroom was tiny, dirty, and dates. Even the balcony was dirty. Wallpaper was peeling off walls.

Less than impressed and won't be returning or recommending.

The best part was how fast I was able to check out. People were running out the door.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Josh M
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend and I must say it was the worst hotel stay I have ever had by far. Besides how outdated the hotel was, the service was horrendous and the staff were at times blantantly rude for no reason.

We waited to check in for 20 minutes. Once checked in I asked about a bag that was being dropped off for me at the hotel and was told the Concierge had it. When I asked the concierge she said she did not have it,the bag was not in the hotel. After THREE visits to the concierge desk and after confirming THREE times that my bad was dropped off at the hotel the conceirge told us to check with the gentleman whose desk was literally attached to hers, who was literally within arms reach as he likely had our bag. it took TWO HOURS and THREE visits for her to think of sending us to a coworker. That is completely unaceptable. If it was even a remote possibility she should have checked with her coworker when I first enquired. But even asking him herself was too difficult: she had to get us to do it. Completely ridiculous!!!

Later when I asked if I exited to my left out of the Gerrard entrance, I would end up at University, I was told "I have no idea. It isnt my job to give you directions." Really. The guy at the front door can;t give me a simple yes or no in regards to the direction I need to travel.

When we awake the next morning and went to shower there was no hot water. When I called I was told there were a lot of people at the hotel to be patient the water temperature would improve. An hour later I was forced to take a frigidly cold shower before checking out. If you cannot support a full hotel with at least warm water, you need to reevaluate some of the operations. A cold shower in the morning is beyond unacceptable.

Overall I have to say I have never been so angry about a hotel stay. The only helpful staff were two gentlemen. The women working at the conceirge desk were completely useless and some members of staff were downright rude. I work with a lot of people and youth and I have never been so poorly treated in my entire life.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mpetey86
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Old, outlived, poor and dirty.
Only positive thing is the location in the center of Toronto.
Regular double bed rooms are broken and unrenovated, the "deluxe" rooms should've been renovated, but are too broken and come in a mess of ugly brownish colors.
No 4 stars at all, in Europe you wouldn't expect 2 stars at all !

• Stayed: August 2014
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Montiplack,

Thank you for your feedback. You can trust that all feedback and comments are used to improve our services and facilities as well as let our staff know how they are doing. I am sorry to learn of the overall disappointment you felt during your stay. We are in the process of planning the next phase in our renovations project. Your comments will help the team identify our areas of biggest opportunity.

Guest Experience Specialist