“Great hotel experience!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rochester, New York
“Great hotel experience!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great price, big rooms, beautiful lobby with Starbucks and 2 other restaurants, indoor pool and hot tub, 15 min from downtown Toronto! :) Great for one night, 2 big events were taking place there and we did not hear anything from our room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sandy P, Guest Relations Manager at International Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Jamie P,

Thanks for taking the time to send us the great review. We hope to see you again soon at the International Plaza Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have stayed at many hotels in the Toronto area and have used priceline quite often and have had great experiences and sometimes not so much.... I have never written a good or bad review on-line before but really felt compelled to share our horrible experience at The International Plaza. Two weekends ago my husband and I booked a hotel through priceline for one night and I chose 3 1/2 stars because we have had good luck getting the Crowne Plaza...but nope not this time. The International Plaza exterior looks good and the lobby great but thats as good as it gets. The rooms are dirty and disgusting...beds are comfortable I will admit but I didn't get much sleep after a big, black bug crawled across my chest as I lay in bed watching TV. My husband scooped up the bug in a couple paper cups and immediately took it down to the front desk to talk to the manager on duty. He was discreet as there was other people standing at the counter. He showed the clerk who did not look surprised at all. He took the bug in the back to the manager and the manager who did not sound surprised in the least but did sound very annoyed told the clerk to give us a different room. The manager did not even bother coming out to speak with my husband to offer any kind of apology...absolutely nothing!! The clerk told my husband to check back with the day manager and explain our "situation" to him. So at 11:30pm we moved rooms ...2 floors directly above our old bug infested room...new room smelled bad...bathroom was dirty with hair all over the floor and there was something wet and sticky on the bedside table...nice!! I have read other posts about this hotel with ppl moving rooms and how smelly they were and honestly I thought maybe just over picky etc...but trust me when I say "Stay away from this hotel...run far!!" ....Ohhhh and so my husband went to the front desk to talk to the day manager in the morning and he knew absolutely nothing about it...(so he says) and again did not seem surprised in the least....with which my husband responded .."obviously this is a frequent occurence???" The day manager did not offer any kind of apology and had a hard time hiding his annoyance....brutal! The part I could not believe...are u ready for this?? Is when he told my husband that this matter was a Housekeeping Issue and we should go speak to them!!!!!...yup you read it right! Never again! I will be contacting Priceline and advising them to downgrade that 3 1/2 star rating.....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank gunner11
Dear gunner11,

We apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at the International Plaza Hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is extremely important to us and we focus a great deal of our time and attention on them. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and correct any pest situation that might occur. We have shared your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been successfully addressed and hope you’ll consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We took advantage of a Wagjag deal and could not have be happier with our park n fly stay. We were greeted and checked-in very professionally and efficiently. Our Wagjag deal included breakfast, drinks, parking and airport shuttle. We were given vouchers for these at check-in. After check-in we enjoyed our complimentary drinks in the very comfortable lounge while watching sports on the modern TVs. Went back to our room and had a great night sleep. We were not disturbed by any airport noise as others have mentioned. The next morning we presented our vouchers for a delicious breakfast with awesome service. Then heading to the lobby to catch our on-time shuttle to the airport, after grabbing a Starbucks coffee in the lobby. Upon return from our trip, our shuttle was exactly as they said it would be. Parking is right next to the hotel, as opposed to other airport hotels we have stayed that needed a shuttle to parking. We look forward to staying here the next time we fly out of Pearson. The deal far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear lorden,

Your comments about your stay at International Plaza Hotel made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). Hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Vacation stay at hotel July 21 - July 26. Found most of the staff friendly and loved that we could have our pet shihtzu, Buster, stay with us. The hotel room was clean and very comfortable; requested room overlooking parking lot and we weren't at all disturbed by the planes. We will stay again when we travel to Toronto.

Leonard and Audrey Frelix
Chicago, Illinois

Room Tip: Planes are less noisy in rooms overlooking parking lot. Would be nice if microwave and refrigerator...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Audrey F,

Thank you for choosing International Plaza Hotel for your stay – we’re happy to hear it was enjoyable! We look forward to welcoming you again to Toronto.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel for an event. The front desk staff was very nice and accommodating. The room we were in for the event was great. The hotel room was clean and the bed was comfy. The hotel is very conveniently located by the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sandy P, Guest Relations Manager at International Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear TravelismyLife06,

Thanks for staying here at the International Plaza Hotel. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our comfy beds). We look forward to welcoming you back.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

It was nice and clean, only thing about staying by a Hotel so close to the airport is that you can not be a light sleeper. I would have thought that they would have supplied you with ear plugs but I had to purchase them from the store. The guys at the front desk seemed a little like they were having a bad day, but room service was quite friendly :) and the food we ordered from Room service was yummy. :) I would stay there again. :)

Room Tip: Bring your own earplugs! :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sandy P, Guest Relations Manager at International Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Sarah B,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from you and wanted to let you know that we’re now offering earplugs at the front desk. We hope to see you again soon!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for three years now while attending the annual Anime North anime convention in May. I choose this hotel simply because it is right across from the convention center and hosts activities and presentations during the three-day conference. The rates are good, the rooms are clean, and they give you cookies when checking in that are super yummy.

HOWEVER. Last year, I booked a room with them well in advance. The convention gets very busy so you need to book half a year in advance to guarantee yourself a room in a location so close to the TCC. I had the confirmation printed and even confirmed by phone as well as e mail. Two weeks before the convention, I logged on to their website to doublecheck my stay.

I was in a panic when the website told me I had no reservation.

I quickly phoned up the hotel and they told me that they had overbooked for the convention and had relocated me - and nine other rooms - to a hotel thirty minutes walking distance away. I was outraged. They offered no form of compensation whatsoever, even though I'd confirmed a half year in advance.

The worst part was that while I confirmed in December, a friend of mine confirmed in March and WAS NOT relocated to another hotel. The International Plaza not only overbooked, but they randomly selected the guests they moved thirty minutes away (SUPER INCONVENIENT). To me, that is extremely unfair and put me in a very sour mood towards them. I'm hesitant to stay with them in the future because if they ruined my trip once, they'll do it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank EmilyCecily
Sandy P, Guest Relations Manager at International Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear EmilyCecily,

We’re very sorry that we were unable to accommodate you recently at the International Plaza Hotel. We try to accommodate 100% of our guests, but overbooking situations unfortunately can happen. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenient circumstances.