We were placed in this hotel for the second of our two night delay with Air Canada, overall I was a little disappointed and quite frankly was glad that I wasn't paying for the stay! The check in staff were friendly, however they didn't explain that the vouchers given to us by Air Canada to spend on food in the hotel actually included gratuity which meant the full value of the voucher wasn't available to us to spend.
Baring in mind, we were there totally unexpectedly so we didn't have any Canadian money or any other form of payment, the vouchers were rendered useless to us as the $7 provided to us by Air Canada didn't cover the $22 it cost for the breakfast. We were told when enquiring at breakfast that the price using the vouchers would be $22 each including tax but not using the vouchers, it would cost $19. We were forced to use our food vouchers for lunch and dinner to cover the price of breakfast which wasn't worth it as most of the hot food was actually quite cold and tasteless - this meant that we couldn't eat for the rest of the day as all the food vouchers had been used. We discovered after this point, that the vouchers given to us by the check in clerk in exchange for the airline vouchers actually stated that gratuity wasn't included in the vouchers so it was a little annoying that we were told otherwise at breakfast by the greeter.
The remaining staff that we encountered weren't as friendly as the staff in the previous hotels we had stayed in around Toronto airport which was a little disappointing. All in all, I wasn't impressed with this hotel and given the choice, I wouldn't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In early 2017 the hotel will be converting to Delta Hotels Marriott Toronto Airport & Conference Centre! This will come with some spectacular renovations to the lobby, restaurants, public space & of course guestrooms. Enjoy spacious accommodations just minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport. Offering seamless stays and full-service amenities, our Toronto airport hotel is perfect for productive business trips and relaxing leisure travel, no matter if you are staying a night, a week, or longer.Each of the rooms and suites at our hotel in Toronto are warm, inviting, and outfitted with contemporary comforts. Property-wide complimentary Wi-Fi access and large in-room work stations make staying connected simple, and plush bedding, in-room dining, and flat-panel HD TVs with cable channels make every night relaxing.The Toronto Airport hotel features 60,000 square feet of flexible function space, ideal for business meetings, weddings, conventions and other occasions. Complimentary 24-hour shuttle service makes the five-minute drive to the airport easy, and our onsite fitness and business centres provide all the tools necessary for a seamless stay. The hotel showcases an indoor pool and a large hot tub, along with five onsite dining options - including a full-service Starbucks, Ginko Japanese, Harry's Bar, and Orchid Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your International Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel Toronto
- Doubletree Toronto Airport