First of all, I did not choose to stay here. Our flight was cancelled and the airline put us up here. Naturally we were a little leery on the way to the hotel not knowing what to expect, but when we arrived late at night, we were pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked as we drove onto the lot. The lobby was also spacious and clean. We were greeted by a very friendly person at the front desk who quickly checked us in and gave us our meal allowance from the airline. When we got up to the room, we thought it was nice, but upon closer inspection as we do at every hotel we stay at, we noticed paint is beginning to peel and fade in some spots. Though it was clear that some effort was put into cleaning the room, it just didn't feel as clean as some places we've stayed. I'm not sure if it's because the room is beginning to show it's age or if it's through neglect. Nonetheless we adjusted and made the best of our evening in our room, enjoying a relaxing evening. Because we arrived so late the night before, we decided to skip breakfast and combine our meal allowances together and get a good solid lunch before heading back to the airport. We checked out at 11 a.m. and asked where we could eat. Turns out the night staff, forgot to point out that not only does the lounge not open till 4:30 pm, but more importantly, the cafe closes for lunch! I couldn't believe that. The only option we had was to go to the Starbucks onsite in the hotel. If you've ever eaten there, you'll know that their food is pre-made and where needed, tossed in a microwave. Our thoughts of having a good solid lunch before we left were dashed. And unfortunately we had no other choice but Starbucks because the front desk wouldn't give us the cash for the vouchers so we could eat somewhere else, which we understood. We disagreed with it given the circumstances, but understood. By the way, we didn't feel the day staff were as friendly as the night staff. They weren't rude or anything, It just felt they weren't all that concerned about our predicament as if they've gone through this before. So we loaded up on banana bread, smoothies, coffee, paninis, mints and gum. Some lunch! There was a bright spot however. While we sat in the little area across from Starbucks and ate our "lunch", we watched the Concierge go about his day. He was cheery and friendly to anyone he spoke to, and was very helpful when we asked for assistance with something. It was interesting watching him do his job with obvious pride. A bright spot to a crappy morning. His attitude made me us feel a little better towards the hotel, but didn't make up for the fact their cafe wasn't open for lunch. Overall, it's not a bad place to stay, and with a little bit of renovation, a better focus on guests such as what was shown by the Concierge and a proper restaurant, it could very well turn out to be a nicer place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In early 2017 the hotel will be converting to Delta Hotels Marriott Toronto Airport & Conference Centre! This will come with some spectacular renovations to the lobby, restaurants, public space & of course guestrooms. Enjoy spacious accommodations just minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport. Offering seamless stays and full-service amenities, our Toronto airport hotel is perfect for productive business trips and relaxing leisure travel, no matter if you are staying a night, a week, or longer.Each of the rooms and suites at our hotel in Toronto are warm, inviting, and outfitted with contemporary comforts. Property-wide complimentary Wi-Fi access and large in-room work stations make staying connected simple, and plush bedding, in-room dining, and flat-panel HD TVs with cable channels make every night relaxing.The Toronto Airport hotel features 60,000 square feet of flexible function space, ideal for business meetings, weddings, conventions and other occasions. Complimentary 24-hour shuttle service makes the five-minute drive to the airport easy, and our onsite fitness and business centres provide all the tools necessary for a seamless stay. The hotel showcases an indoor pool and a large hot tub, along with five onsite dining options - including a full-service Starbucks, Ginko Japanese, Harry's Bar, and Orchid Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your International Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel Toronto
- Doubletree Toronto Airport