“Was a 5 before the new MENU :(”

Queen Margherita Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Queen Margherita Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #598 of 8,509 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: East End
Toronto, Canada
“Was a 5 before the new MENU :(”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I'm not sure what in the world has "inspired" the recent overhaul of QMP's menu – but I am none too pleased as an avid, local customer (used to dine 1-2 times/month). My previous 5/5 star rating for this location is now down to a 2 :(
QMP's strength WAS it's authenticity to true Napoletana pizza – from the very important chewy dough/crust to it's traditional toppings. Now, kale? Green olive? Sunflower seeds? Leek? Walnuts? Play with these creative ingredients in the appetizers (now called Snacks, eesh), not the pizzas.

What is the motivation here, the place was always packed, received great reviews, known by pizza lovers – I think they've lost their way trying to be what, a cool/trendy downtown-y spot? Menu sections called Snacks, Market, Kitchen? What happened to Appetizers & Insalata? And worse still the self-indulgent new pizza names – yes I will admit the name of the pizza influences my experience (Tominator, Birdman, JJ Wellington, Chetts, Ash Wednesday??). I feel like I'm reading the pizza section of a sports bar! What is the point of using D.O.P base ingredients & tipo "00" flour with names like this & such aforementioned toppings? My pizza love, you never needed gimmicks before …

I used to talk this location up to all of my friends/family which will now cease until QMP gets back to its roots. I can't believe I'm actually upset … the foodie in me.

I was perfectly willing to drive out even in snowy weather on any night for QMP & have now on multiple occasions chosen to go somewhere down the street instead (so much for my "real" pizza cravings being satisfied). I will in future have to go all the way back to the Danforth (to you know where) or the QMP Leslieville location (which doesn't look like menu has changed), meaning I'll be having great pizza a lot less frequently again due to proximity.

It is possible to be both authentic & trendy … but QMP BWV has gone too far to the right of this spectrum.

• Visited February 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Queen st location amazing compared to Annette location”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Variety, prices, atmosphere, and most important taste are found at the queen margheritta location.

The Annette location lacks the coziness feel and variety or the ability of a fixed menu. I was disappointed bringing a friend to this location as I raved about the queen location. Hope you guys improve because there is potential

“Great pizza”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had pizza at the new Queen Margherita pizza on Annette and Jane Sts. Sunday night. the pizza is baked in their Italian ovens and really good. We had three different kinds and liked them all , the crusts especially tender. Move over Pizza Libretta!!!!! One problem, really noisy in there, high ceilings being an old bank building. When we phoned for reservation the girl had to go outside to answer our call on the 3rd call. But she did phone back and we got a reservation.

• Visited September 2013
“Simple, Tasty Pizza”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Went to see what all the hype was about and was pleasantly surprised by the pizza's. They had a nice thin base and tasty fresh toppings. I wasn't to wild about the puffy crust and I saw that many people didn't eat them. Service was good. We went on a Saturday and it was packed - definitely recommend making a reservation.

• Visited July 2013
“Good but overrated”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had takeout pizza. It was good, but nothing spectacular. Resto is small and dark, but busy. Resto is small and dark, but very lively and busy. I would go back again, but it would not be one of my first choices.

Visited September 2012