“Just ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #110 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have mixed feelings about this place. We booked it for proximity to a few places we were visiting while in the GTA. So the location was convenient. We were not in our room very often except to sleep, but still, I guess we should have shelled out a little more money for the things I never considered luxuries, but I guess they are!
The hotel hallways always smelled like stale cigarette smoke, the carpets looked filthy and the bathrooms were just disappointing - ZERO shower pressure, the tub paint was peeling, the towels were frayed and worn.
On the plus side, The staff here are great. Very friendly and polite. Our room was as clean as possible considering these things I mentioned before. We had a fridge and micro in the room, which was convenient for storing drinks and snacks for the kids. The breakfast variety was better than I expected, however they ran out of milk one morning (cereal is their go-to brekkie item), and on another morning they ran out of coffee creamer!! YIKES!
Would I stay here again, probably not.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask to stay as far away from the smoking rooms as possible. Otherwise, you...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank AH-OTT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I needed a place to stay while my condo was being fixed and I booked myself in for a few days.
I was so tired and exhausted. I just wanted to go sleep and relax.
There was a gentleman who worked the front desk and he was very polite and nice. I wish I could remember his name but I can't. He saw how tired I was and checked me in quickly. I got inside my room and I was very pleased with how clean and fresh it smelled. I did not even unpack I was so tired and I fell asleep on the bed which was super comfortable. When I woke up I was hungry and it was time for breakfast. I went to the free breakfast they offered and the food was good with a variety to choose from. I realized as I finished breakfast how good I felt. I had a good night sleep and I felt refreshed.
The days that followed were great. I felt like a home away from home. I asked for an extra pillow and blanket, within minutes someone knocked on my door with my pillow and blanket.
I found the manager to be very nice as well. She always had a smile and made me feel welcomed.
If my condo ever needs work done again I am staying here and I highly recommending this hotel to anyone looking to stay at a peaceful, restful place with good staff at a fair price.

Luisa

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Luisa188
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have stayed here 4 times so far in the past year and a half and i can honestly say the customer service here is horrible. I come into the lobby and not even greeted by a good morning or good evening. There is a gentleman that worked front desk that is very polite ( i cannot remember his name) he is an exception. When i left a note with a tip in the room requesting new towels i came back to find none, had to call front desk for towels. Breakfast was alright nothing to fancy. Hotel is a bit outdated but didn't mind that. Not all rooms have fridges, i did like the main floor rooms, they seemed more brighter and liked the walk out patio to the car. On this last visit we had a wonderful indian housekeeper (i think she is new) she was the only staff that day that said good morning and cheerful to me, now that is sad!!This hotel can do better with their staff and customer service, they need to remember first impressions is everything to their guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank sweet n

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Ottawa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Check in was relatively fast, despite a number of guests in the lobby checking in at the same time. The room, #146, had a patio door to the parking lot allowing us to park right outside. I felt better knowing the car was close. The room itself was OK as far as rooms go. It is need of update and some repair. The wallpaper was ripped in a few spots, and upon removing my shoes the carpet felt damp. The shower head leaked furiously and there was a dirty cleaning rag left on top of the wall shelf. The bed was comfortable though and after all the banging and noise from next door stopped, a good night's sleep was had. This hotel is NOT in a desirable location, being a few blocks from one of Toronto's most notorious intersections, Jane and Finch. Several interesting (read sketchy) males were seen strolling through the parking lots several times. Would I stay here again? No.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have mini-fridges.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank heathergallant
Sudbury, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Fantastically dirty. There were cigarette burn holes on my comforter. Loud. Hallways had teenagers running up and down all night.
Breakfast is non-descript, sort of like sawdust fried in grease. Spend the extra and go to Vaughan instead.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Tee Jay R
sherbrooke
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was fairly clean, the strong point of it is the pilot, kind staff, ESP. Mr. zafar who help and lead me a lot. By the mean time the breakfast was perfect and it is located in good area and most of the things are at ur disposal

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is clean, extremely well located close to everything and the breakfast is very decent. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if visiting Wonderland. I even got lost on the way there and the nice front desk manager was very patient with me on the phone and gave me directions to find my way.

Room Tip: We took a drive up room to have quick access to our vehicle and it was great. #150. It's across...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
Etobicoke
Woodbine Hotel & Suites
Woodbine Hotel & Suites
#104 of 132 in Toronto

Been to Comfort Inn Toronto North? Share your experiences!