I stayed here with my Wife, Father-in-law and son for 2 nites. I was skeptical from reviews and bad experience from a friend of mine, but we decided to try it anyways due to the low price for this area. Upon coming in the front door, a group of middle aged women said we should leave right away.
Our room must have been one if the newly renovated, as the beds were new, TV was new and curtains too. The place is definitely old, and would use a major overall clean, but we got what we paid for. We didn't have any noise complaints and the floors in the room were decent, bathroom was pretty clean.
I never had to speak with the staff, other than asking for extra towels...so no comments or complaints about them. We also didn't try the pool, but it didn't look very appealing either.
My father in law went to the breakfast on the first morning and a group of kids there, one of them sneezed right into the open cereal jar, so he went for coffee only. We tried the toast, but had to dig down for a bread slice that was not dried up and hard. The danish were like rocks and tasteless. Coffee was actually not bad. I guess you get what you pay for in this regard so it was cheaper than a Timmy's visit for 4 people.
My two negative comments are about the parking lot lighting and bath towels. I lived in this area growing up, but nowadays would be concerned for my car safety. They post signs saying they are not responsible for loss, but they could use some better parking lot lighting and maybe add a couple cameras or security for increased peace of mind. We parked in front of the hotel for our stay.
My other complaint is typical for a lot of hotels that use the miniature bath towels. We usually bring our own, but forgot this time. The towels worked...but I stayed in a Super 8 a day later that had towels twice the size and thickness of the ones HoJo used.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Toronto East is located just minutes from the Highway 401 & Warden Ave., The Toronto Zoo, Ontario Science Centre, Scarborough Town Centre Mall, Parkway Shopping Plaza and more! Also provides you with quality rooms at affordable rates. We are proud to offer you, •191 Guestrooms - 2 double or 2 queen beds; 1 King bed; or Jacuzzi Suites•24 newly renovated deluxe room at your services •Complimentary Continental Breakfast •Indoor Heated Pool / Whirl Pool•High Speed Wireless Internet Kiosk in Lobby and Rooms•Pet Friendly Hotel•FREE Parking •FREE RV and Bus Parking •FREE Daily Newspaper•Gift Shop in Lobby •Laundry Mart•Enclosed Garden Courtyard / 8 acres of Landscaped Gardens •Meeting Rooms and Banquet Facilities •Conference Room & Hospitality Room •Printing, Fax & Copy Service At the Howard Johnson Toronto East we are committed to providing you with the quality and service you expect. Whether you are travelling on business, for pleasure, with tour groups or sports teams, we are here to ensure you have a great stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Toronto East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn & Suites - Toronto East Hotel Scarborough
- Howard Johnson Inn And Suites - Toronto East
- Howard Johnson Hotel Scarborough
- Howard Johnson Scarborough