We and our two children spent two nights from July 1 to July 3 in the hotel. We booked based on the photos in the web-page, the brand name and price. Now we know why it is cheap. It was downright disgusting! We were absolutely disappointed.
The exterior of the building is in a state of deterioration. The door lock at the back entrance was broken. The hallways stunk so much that we held our breath going through sections. The carpets clearly hadn't been cleaned or vacuumed for months based on the amount of dirt and cob webs, as well as a towel and a black bra lying in the hallway, which never got removed.
The first night we spent in a room with a howling air conditioner with the insulation falling out. Because of the noise, we had to turn it off during the night. The pillows smelled, the sheets had holes and light bulbs were burnt out. One of the bedframes had protruding metal parts on which our 7 year old daughter cut her leg. The bathroom was fithy and moldy.
Upon leaving the room the next morning, we discovered that the electronic door lock didn't function. So we got moved to another room which wasn't any cleaner.
At breakfast there were just paper dishes and plastic utensils. There wasn't any staff around wiping the tables even after the guests had removed their own garbage.
The outdoor pool resembled an abandoned rain filled pit. It was surrounded by a locked rusting metal fence.
This hotel is absolutely bad advertising for the Howard Johnson brand. All of us were so glad, when we finally left this terrible place. Coming from overseas after a long flight, this is an unfortunate first impression of Toronto or Canadian standards!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Toronto East is located just minutes from the Highway 401 & Warden Ave., The Toronto Zoo, Ontario Science Centre, Scarborough Town Centre Mall, Parkway Shopping Plaza and more! Also provides you with quality rooms at affordable rates. We are proud to offer you, •191 Guestrooms - 2 double or 2 queen beds; 1 King bed; or Jacuzzi Suites•24 newly renovated deluxe room at your services •Complimentary Continental Breakfast •Indoor Heated Pool / Whirl Pool•High Speed Wireless Internet Kiosk in Lobby and Rooms•Pet Friendly Hotel•FREE Parking •FREE RV and Bus Parking •FREE Daily Newspaper•Gift Shop in Lobby •Laundry Mart•Enclosed Garden Courtyard / 8 acres of Landscaped Gardens •Meeting Rooms and Banquet Facilities •Conference Room & Hospitality Room •Printing, Fax & Copy Service At the Howard Johnson Toronto East we are committed to providing you with the quality and service you expect. Whether you are travelling on business, for pleasure, with tour groups or sports teams, we are here to ensure you have a great stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Toronto East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn & Suites - Toronto East Hotel Scarborough
- Howard Johnson Inn And Suites - Toronto East
- Howard Johnson Hotel Scarborough
- Howard Johnson Scarborough