STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS !!!
We left the Howard Johnson's in a BAD snow storm, went to another hotel, and paid THREE TIMES THE PRICE. If that doesn't say enough, read the rest of my review below.
We were in Toronto for a christmas party, and due to a BAD snow storm, decided to stay the night in a hotel, rather than try to drive home. (3 hrs on a good day)
The Howard Johnson was located close to where our party was, so we drove over to get a room before they filled up.
We approached the front desk, and waited while the 2 desk clerks spoke to the 1 man at the counter. Neither of the clerks could speak clearly in English.
We finally got a room. While walking down the hall, we were met with terrible smells. We made it to our room after dodging numerous kids playing in the halls. We entered our room after a long day to find that the room smelled even worse. The bed sheets were FILTHY. My wife turned on the lamp beside the bed, and GOT A SHOCK ! I went to use the washroom, and found the towels were FILTHY as well.
THAT WAS IT!
We went back to the desk and DEMANDED a refund to our credit card. The two clerks made numerous excuses, but their excuses were lame. We found out that all these kids were from 2 sports teams, but were lacking adult supervison. GREAT, but why should the other guests suffer. What about the filty room, and horrible smells? Again, more lame excuses.
I told the front desk staff that they have only 1 chance to make a "first immpresion", and they missed the mark by a long shot. I again demanded a refund to our credit card.
We left in the snow storm, and went to the next exit along the 401...it took 15 minutes for a 3 minute drive...and checked in to another hotel...AT THREE TIMES THE PRICE, but the rooms, bedding, and washroom were spotless.
As a previous Torontonian, it made me wonder what a lousy impression travellers must have of Toronto after staying at Howard Johnson - Toronto East.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Toronto East is located just minutes from the Highway 401 & Warden Ave., The Toronto Zoo, Ontario Science Centre, Scarborough Town Centre Mall, Parkway Shopping Plaza and more! Also provides you with quality rooms at affordable rates. We are proud to offer you, •191 Guestrooms - 2 double or 2 queen beds; 1 King bed; or Jacuzzi Suites•24 newly renovated deluxe room at your services •Complimentary Continental Breakfast •Indoor Heated Pool / Whirl Pool•High Speed Wireless Internet Kiosk in Lobby and Rooms•Pet Friendly Hotel•FREE Parking •FREE RV and Bus Parking •FREE Daily Newspaper•Gift Shop in Lobby •Laundry Mart•Enclosed Garden Courtyard / 8 acres of Landscaped Gardens •Meeting Rooms and Banquet Facilities •Conference Room & Hospitality Room •Printing, Fax & Copy Service At the Howard Johnson Toronto East we are committed to providing you with the quality and service you expect. Whether you are travelling on business, for pleasure, with tour groups or sports teams, we are here to ensure you have a great stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Toronto East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn & Suites - Toronto East Hotel Scarborough
- Howard Johnson Inn And Suites - Toronto East
- Howard Johnson Hotel Scarborough
- Howard Johnson Scarborough