“Good Value for a Zoo Package”

Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Ranked #66 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Trenton, Canada
“Good Value for a Zoo Package”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This hotel had the best Metro Zoo package for the weekend I was there. The package included the room and entrance to the zoo.
The rooms were a little dated but were clean and comfortable.
We had a fantastic view of the Toronto Skyline from our window. It was also a great feature to be able to open a window if we wanted to.
The pool was heated and a welcomed refresher after a day at the zoo.
The breakfast was included in the package with our room and included the buffet or service from the menu.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that does not face the 401.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Hi;
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Toronto Zoo and to our hotel.
We all look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.
Rawi Zayadi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2013

On August 3 2013, we arrived at 4 pm...late enough to have made sure that our room was clean. thats not too hard to expect considering at any other hotel its not usually a problem. Well let me tell you what we found. Dirty socks on the floor.A long hair was hanging from the shower and the funny thing is when we arrived there was a cleaner putting up a new shower curtain, how could he have miss this? Papers on the floor. This room was so dirty i was afraid that there might be buggs in the bed, so i had my partner check. I am not picky when it comes to laying my head down for one night, but this place was so grose.

Room Tip: i would never recommend this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi;
Thank you for your comments.
Please accept my apologies for the less than satisfactory stay. This does not reflect the standard we wish to achieve. As we are in the process of renovating all our guest rooms and the rest of the hotel, we are also working hard at retraining our team members so that we may achieve the standards that you expect from us.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in the very near future.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My last accommodation on July 27th and 28th at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, 55 Hallcrown Place, Toronto, Ontario was a horrible experience. This location should be closed for massive renovations.
A 9 floors building, function with one elevator only as the other two are not working, one since 3 months and other since 2 weeks.
First they gave us a room in which the air-condition make load noise, therefore they transfer us to another room where the bathroom keep making noise of water flashing in the toilet all the time and the bed mattress was broken in the middle (supposed to be pressure fit mattress), when complained, they sent someone to fix it !!! after fixing it, the water was leaking on the floor, we were forced to lock the water supply and spend the night with bathroom floor almost like a swimming pool. Regarding the mattress, no one fix it or care about it.
As we leaving, they ask if we enjoy our stay, for sure we did not, then they simply offer free breakfast as this will compensate for the worst 2 days accommodation in this horrible hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S N
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Hi;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that we caused you. As part of our major renovation program, we are working to retrain our staff, and inspect rooms in a more thorough manner. Your note has been shared with our whole team to insure that we understand how you felt as a guest, and to understand what we have to do to make you happy.
Hope to see you soon.
Rwai Zayadi
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

After reading a bunch of not-so-pleasant reviews we kept our reservation for the zoo package anyway, and we were not disappointed. It was quiet, comfortable, we had the pool to ourselves, and for $169 which included the tickets and a full buffet breakfast for the four of us, it was well worth it. Yes ... only one elevator was working, my oatmeal was cold, the toilet had a constant-flushing issue that had to be fixed, but the staff were very friendly, it was clean, and trust me we've stayed in a lot worse. Don't worry if you are deciding, especially for only one night.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hi;
Thank you for your kind comments.
Hope to see you soon again, once we renovate.
sudbury
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just got back from my two day trip and OMG..two out of the three elevators were not working. There were dirty dishes on the floor in the hallway Friday and Sunday morning they were still there.Four in a room and two towels two coffee cups??? Air conditioner did not work very well. My sleep number bed did not work. Pool heater was broken.No fan in the bathroom, loose toilet and bathtub very stained!!. Ice machines were not working on all the floors as well as the pop machines.Computers in the lobby were filthy and difficult to pull anything up. One person working the front desk and answering phones at the same time poor management for staffing. I felt so sorry for the staff, every time I was in the lobby they were taking slack from dissatisfied guests.

Room Tip: Just walk away!!!!!!!
Hi;
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that we caused you. We are aware that the hotel needs renovations. These are starting later this month and will encompass the majority of our guest rooms, guest corridors......Your letter was discussed with the appropriate department heads to insure that we work to improve our standards.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the hotel once we are renovated.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We booked the zoo package at this hotel, which i will say was a great rate (170 for 4 zoo tix, room, and breakfast). However, this hotel is extremely dirty. The carpets on our floor were filthy, the bathroom is dirty, and the pool heater is broken. The rate for the package is great, but not worth staying at a dirty hotel.

Hi;
Thank you for your comments.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that we caused you.
The elevators were an issue , but they have been repaired. We are starting a complete renovation during the latter part of August. With this renovation will come a re-training of our team.
I look forward to presenting to you our new hotel in a few months.
Montreal
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I just checked in few minutes ago @ 11:45 PM while I've already paid for two nights. It is absolutely the worst hotel I've ever seen in North America and Europe. I initially checked in a room in which there were some hair in the sheets! The sheet was not ironed and it seemed to be a used one! I just called the reception and they quickly changed the room! However, the other room was the same and I just quit since I'm really tired and have a meeting tomorrow! Everything old, not clean including the corridor and check-in space. ... I am so angry and upset that decided to review the hotel at 12:45, as the first minutes of my check in. I will never ever be back to any of the Radisson's hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Hi;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this incident caused you. This is certainly not reflective of the guest service standards that we strive to achieve. I will share these comments with our team so that we may learn and improve.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our true hospitality.