“Best service I ever seen!”

Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Ranked #67 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Best service I ever seen!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed there recently! I would disagree with lots of travellers who said this is a crap hotel. I stayed there before. Service is excellent and front desk is very friendly. They started renovation. A charming Lady Manager stays in the morning in the lobby, who is very helpful and I saw her handling tourists in great way.
I had some problem with the elevator, while check out when I told her my problem, she immediately took my parking charges. I was so pleases with the service of this radisson. It is quite old but at the end of the day for me service matters the most. I will return there for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sam C
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hi;
Thank you for your positive comments.
We are working very hard to insure that our elevators are functioning at 100%. We are working to upgrade those systems at the same time as we are upgrading the rest of the hotel. I am glad to hear that a team member was able to make your stay more comfortable.
Hope to see you soon again.
Rawi
Rawi Zayadi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Renovations are always good and this place is begining to prove that . Compared to my dissappointment last year , I think this time there was a big difference and so I have to give them credit for that .
I was staying here for a meeting and was suprised with the new rooms amenities .The staff were extremely acomodating . Free breakfast was generous and healthy. Free wi-fi in the room is a big plus for me when I travel. I hate having to ask the front desk to comp. it so it's nice that it was included. I would highly recommend staying here for business or pleasure. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for executive rooms .
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hi;
Thank you for your kind comments.
I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations.
The renovations are ongoing and the first phase (guestrooms, guestroom corridors, and main lobby) will be completed by early December.
The team and I look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.
Rawi
Ontario
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The room was decent, clean and sleep number bed was comfortable. Staff was accommodating. We called and asked if we could have an early check in which they arranged. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as we were late leaving and the restaurant was closed at 10:30. The only negative thing was being charged extra for parking, something I hadn't come across before when booking a hotel and wasn't expecting.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OntarioKwin
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Hi;
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments.
Parking is charged by the vast majority of Toronto hotels. Our overnight parking fee is very modest when compared to other hotels whose charges vary between $15 and $35 for overnight parking.
Thank you for having chosen our hotel during your stay in Toronto, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of your company soon again.
Huntsville, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We went the weekend before labour day on a zoo package...they were out of zoo tickets although they adjusted the cost of the room our television was broken, the pool was broken, we had 1 towel in our room and found some ones clothes in the bed which made me suspect it wasn't even cleaned. We were told the manager was being notified but the next morning when I went downstairs to the front desk the day staff had no notes about the day before the manager had no clue and our rate was still at the original. Norman Bates gave better service to his victims in Psycho....will never return...will never recommend!!! My one rating is for the maintenance man Victor who spent ample time in our room fixing our tv and thank god he did since the pool was closed that's all we had for our kids to do!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank C M
Hi;
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments.
Please accept my apologies for the less than satisfactory stay. I am glad that Victor was able to repair your television. The pool was indeed down due to a maintenance issue for a few hours, however; repairs were made and it was functioning thereafter. Unfortunately, TV's, pools ... are mechanical and will suffer occasional breakdowns in the same manner as happens at home, or at work. I shared your comments with our housekeeping staff to insure that our standards are always maintained.
I would be delighted if you gave us another opportunity to show you our true hospitality.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Terrible !!!!!
Is it Although our room was upgraded to executive room, but I did not find anything executive.
This hotel is facilitated with not more then a 3 star hotel facilities.
The lifts are obsolete and it takes to 30 mins to reach ground floor :(
We had complimentary breakfast, which is not as good as having nothing. No variety and what they served is so average. There was oatmeal, a bowl of melons, white and brown bread, becon & sausages and some muffins and that all.
We booked room for two but the toiletries were one for one , even towels were meant to be shared.Secondly, when we flushed our toilet it took 3 or 4 tries and you had to stand there and hold the handle down.As a whole we were HIGHLY disappointed and will never stay here again. We have stayed at lower ranked hotel in Toronto and had much more pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shubhi_Rohit
Hi;
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that we caused you. Our breakfast buffet includes hot oatmeal, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, potatoes, croissant, several varieties of Danish pastries, several varieties of muffins, different toasting breads, fruit, jams and preserves, 3 types of cold cereal.... As in most hotels, we place 1 item each of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and 2 soaps. Generally these are sufficient for 2 to 4 persons for 1 day. These amenities are refreshed each day. If more are required, they are brought to the room at no extra charge.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you again in the very future.
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

A majority of reviews posted on line are 90% people who are outraged at things *they* experienced. I decided to make my own judgement of this hotel for myself. They were out of zoo tickets, which was ok! We still went to the zoo and felt the drop from 169 to 77$ was well worth having to get our own tickets. We originally were suppose to get 2 queen size beds but we got upgraded to a King suite. The rooms are beautiful, the view is beautiful, the sleep number beds are sooo comfortable, and great to play around with. I would definitely come back here, and recommend it to all of my friends who visit Toronto.

Room Tip: Always ask for extra pillows and towels when reserving, and if you like good shampoo, bring good sha...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Hi;
I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us.
Please accept my apologies because we ran out of Zoo tickets. The soap and shampoo amenities are being upgraded to a more environmentally friendly product, and one of higher quality later this autumn.
Thank you for staying with us, and I hope to have you stay with us soon again.
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very good service and wirth tostay at that location. We saw new furniture ciming and the hotel getting renovated. It is a worth to stay there at that price. Clean wide room and pool.
Staff are very good and helpful. Please convey my thanks to Jennifer at front desk.

• Stayed July 2013
Hi;
Thank you for your kind comments.
The renovation project to install new furniture, carpets, and wall vinyl in our guestrooms, update the guestroom washrooms, and main lobby upgrade, etc..... will be completed by November.
We all hope to see you back very soon.