“Great Experience”

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #37 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Our family had a great stay. We have three children under 5. Their first stay at a hotel is a very positive memory. Thank you very much.

The staff were very helpfull and kind. Very clean, well run establishment!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Dear AIA_11,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I must admit that prior to my joining this Hotel my young family and I would venture here for some terrific weekend "staycations". My young daughter stills speaks fondly about the big glass domed pool and yummy food in the restaurant. Hopefully we’ll see you and your family again and for many years to come.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2011

three of us got there after nasty traffic on the QEW so we were tired. Front desk agent (Jodi-Ann) was friendly, efficient, professional,and courteous. Got done in no time with our request for two adjacent rooms. She recommended a Chinese restaurant down the road which was just what we needed. During the stay, the bartender (Giselle), Ian (bellman), and manager (Katie) were great. Tried to access email from their public compuer but kept getting blocked by the software. Katie said go to the room and get wifi on my laptop and she'll waive the charge. That was very accomodating. Since we were traveling in the heat of the day, we brought a cooler but the room had no fridge. No problem. They took our ice packs and froze them for us and we got them on c/o. Let's not forget our server at Olio - whose name I did not get because he was just flitting around us so quickly. We opted for the buffet but he remembered our juice order from the previous morning. That was amazing and a very pleasant surprise. Also, the cook at the buffet made perfect (for me anyway) soft and runny scrambled eggs - even though they had a bunch pre-cooked. Wished more places were so customer-friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear tunahoagie1,

Thank you very much for your great review! We have shared it with our team at the Hotel. It's very much appreciated that you took the time and effort to mention the names of some of our wonderful Associates. It goes a very long way in all of our motivational endevours.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2011

First room we were put in had a stained toilet and tub ... yuck!! Moved rooms, new room was nice however bathroom was so small and no fan, air conditioning didnt work very well and no plug ins available to blow dry hair etc outside of bathroom.
Charging $12 a night for internet that is free to the hotel ...
Not impressed especially for a Sheraton! Wouldnt stay here again...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Dear DawnaK10,

Thank you for your feedback. I would truly appreciate you getting in touch with me personally or one of our wonderful managers; as we'd love the opportunity to apologise-directly and to figure out what room you had originally checked into (so that we may rectify the stained bathroom items).

Additionally, wanted to apologise if you weren't informed at check-in about our complimentary WIFI access in the public areas or our “Link @ Sheraton” offering comprising of 8 free for use PC stations located in the lobby (although I do appreciate the fact that free in-room probably would have been more appropriate).

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback which can only serve to make us better. Truly sorry if your experience was less than expected and hopefully you may give us another chance in the future.

Regards,
Dan Woodburn

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed here for a conference on sight. There's easy access to the TTC in order to get downtown (albeit takes 30-45 minutes).
The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the room was modern and clean. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable. The free computer center in the lobby was nice, but I agree with other reviewers that they need to upgrade to free wifi in all the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2011

My hotel room on the fourth floor was modern, spacious and very clean. I was in the room right next to the elevators and I never once heard the elevators. I like not having to walk too far to get to the elevators. Bathroom was clean, well lit and very well appointed. Plenty of parking at $15/day. Staff was very friendly and accommodating providing a late check-out of 5:00 pm which I really appreciated.
What really burned my cookies was the $5.95 charge for a freaking litre of bottled water. Who in their right mind wants to pay $5.95 for bottled water? Sorry guys but this slap in the head set the tone for my stay.
I did find the $175 per night a little much.

Room Tip: SAve the long walk. Ask for a room near the eleva.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Great service and the breakfast buffet and servers are top knotch. I look forward to my stays here - and breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have now stayed at this property 4 times in the past three months. The staff already recognizes me when I arrive, makes sure that my room and service meet my expectations and have immediately rectified any problem that I encountered.

The bar is above average and the menu is interesting and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

Dear Western_Road_Warrier,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post and really want to thank you for your continued loyalty. Please do not hesitate to reach out personally to me on your next visit as I'd like to thank you in person. Thank you for your great review!

Best Regards,