“Average chain hotel”

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #36 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 July 2011

While in Toronto for business, I stayed at the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel because I had my car and didn't want to pay the ridiculous parking charges that come with downtown hotels. I didn't mind driving 20 minutes for my meetings, so I thought this would be a great choice.

I paid $77 on Priceline, which is frankly about right for the value provided by the hotel. This is a dull, boring chain hotel. Most importantly, it's not a four-star property. While very clean, the hotel is showing its age, as others have said.

There's no wireless internet in the guest rooms and the wired internet is terribly expensive ($15). The hotel, however, does have several computer terminals just off from the lobby. While these are new computers, I found the internet access to be very slow. I tried using my BlackBerry smartphone to connect to the complimentary lobby wireless internet, however, the connection had issues the day I was there.

Additionally, the hotel charges $15 for parking, which is ridiculous. I could understand if this was for guests who wanted to leave their car at the hotel while they flew out of nearby Pearson, but not in my situation -- especially when there was no shortage of parking spots.

The room itself was comfortable and clean. It had a large, flat-screen television with a plethora of channel offerings. The decor was bland and what one would expect from a chain hotel.

The staff were friendly, but they were overworked for a four-star property. There was never more than one person on duty at the front desk -- and there was always a line of a couple waiting guests. There wasn't a concierge. There wasn't a bellman or valet parking attendant.

The restaurant was an overpriced cafe, though the pool and fitness center were nice.

All in all, if you can get a good deal on Priceline, consider this hotel, but don't expect a true four-star experience.

Room Tip: Use Priceline
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank planetraincar

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Although the hotel is only a quick trip from the airport, it is not worth the benifit of not having to take a hotel shuttle to stay here. It was expensive and the extra expense is not worth the convenince of location. The room was old and dirty, I have stayed more than once so could not put it to just that room. Staff not very friendly, nor helpful. I enjoyed the Marriott hotel that was a short shuttle ride away. Also nicer to have some resturants within walking distance to go to.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The hotel is very close to the airport and very easy to get to. We went to the Sheraton that is part of the airport and it was difficult to get to and very busy. Service was wonderful, very helpful and knowledgeable staff here. Parking was outdoors but very nice, clean and seemed a very safe place to leave your car. We stayed on the club floor and the rooms were beautiful and large, and the sheets were very very soft. The breakfast on the club floor had a large variety and was very fresh. We went to the pool and hot tub at night, not busy and the water was a good temperature. Pool is not really designed for small children, the water starts about 3' deep and goes to about 9' deep. The water and the floors were both very clean and not slimy to walk on. I believe there is a shuttle that goes to the airport and select places around town. There are some restaurants (Montana's) right across the street.
One thing we would have liked to have was wireless internet. There was internet but it was cable only.
Overall we loved the hotel and would absolutely stay here again if we were flying out of the airport.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel overlooks a golf course, lots of trees and no buildings until the airport...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This really is an instance where the camera may not exactly lie, but it is somewhat economical with the truth. The website photos and images are very well crafted, but not 100% accurate.

We stayed overnight and needed an airport hotel - I was looking for an upscale experience, but this wasn't it. First exterior impressions were that the hotel exterior looked somewhat dated. The staff are very pleasant and professional, but it doesn't disguise the fact that this hotel is starting to show its age and is in need of a makeover. The room was decidedly tired and felt shabby, although the bed was itself was comfortable. It was adequate, and that is not a description that should be applied to a hotel with supposedly four stars.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Our family had a great stay. We have three children under 5. Their first stay at a hotel is a very positive memory. Thank you very much.

The staff were very helpfull and kind. Very clean, well run establishment!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Dear AIA_11,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I must admit that prior to my joining this Hotel my young family and I would venture here for some terrific weekend "staycations". My young daughter stills speaks fondly about the big glass domed pool and yummy food in the restaurant. Hopefully we’ll see you and your family again and for many years to come.

Warm Regards,

Dan

Reviewed 18 July 2011

three of us got there after nasty traffic on the QEW so we were tired. Front desk agent (Jodi-Ann) was friendly, efficient, professional,and courteous. Got done in no time with our request for two adjacent rooms. She recommended a Chinese restaurant down the road which was just what we needed. During the stay, the bartender (Giselle), Ian (bellman), and manager (Katie) were great. Tried to access email from their public compuer but kept getting blocked by the software. Katie said go to the room and get wifi on my laptop and she'll waive the charge. That was very accomodating. Since we were traveling in the heat of the day, we brought a cooler but the room had no fridge. No problem. They took our ice packs and froze them for us and we got them on c/o. Let's not forget our server at Olio - whose name I did not get because he was just flitting around us so quickly. We opted for the buffet but he remembered our juice order from the previous morning. That was amazing and a very pleasant surprise. Also, the cook at the buffet made perfect (for me anyway) soft and runny scrambled eggs - even though they had a bunch pre-cooked. Wished more places were so customer-friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear tunahoagie1,

Thank you very much for your great review! We have shared it with our team at the Hotel. It's very much appreciated that you took the time and effort to mention the names of some of our wonderful Associates. It goes a very long way in all of our motivational endevours.

Warm regards,

Dan

Reviewed 4 July 2011

First room we were put in had a stained toilet and tub ... yuck!! Moved rooms, new room was nice however bathroom was so small and no fan, air conditioning didnt work very well and no plug ins available to blow dry hair etc outside of bathroom.
Charging $12 a night for internet that is free to the hotel ...
Not impressed especially for a Sheraton! Wouldnt stay here again...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Dear DawnaK10,

Thank you for your feedback. I would truly appreciate you getting in touch with me personally or one of our wonderful managers; as we'd love the opportunity to apologise-directly and to figure out what room you had originally checked into (so that we may rectify the stained bathroom items).

Additionally, wanted to apologise if you weren't informed at check-in about our complimentary WIFI access in the public areas or our “Link @ Sheraton” offering comprising of 8 free for use PC stations located in the lobby (although I do appreciate the fact that free in-room probably would have been more appropriate).

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback which can only serve to make us better. Truly sorry if your experience was less than expected and hopefully you may give us another chance in the future.

Regards,
Dan Woodburn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
The Westin Toronto Airport
#62 of 138 in Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!