While in Toronto for business, I stayed at the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel because I had my car and didn't want to pay the ridiculous parking charges that come with downtown hotels. I didn't mind driving 20 minutes for my meetings, so I thought this would be a great choice.
I paid $77 on Priceline, which is frankly about right for the value provided by the hotel. This is a dull, boring chain hotel. Most importantly, it's not a four-star property. While very clean, the hotel is showing its age, as others have said.
There's no wireless internet in the guest rooms and the wired internet is terribly expensive ($15). The hotel, however, does have several computer terminals just off from the lobby. While these are new computers, I found the internet access to be very slow. I tried using my BlackBerry smartphone to connect to the complimentary lobby wireless internet, however, the connection had issues the day I was there.
Additionally, the hotel charges $15 for parking, which is ridiculous. I could understand if this was for guests who wanted to leave their car at the hotel while they flew out of nearby Pearson, but not in my situation -- especially when there was no shortage of parking spots.
The room itself was comfortable and clean. It had a large, flat-screen television with a plethora of channel offerings. The decor was bland and what one would expect from a chain hotel.
The staff were friendly, but they were overworked for a four-star property. There was never more than one person on duty at the front desk -- and there was always a line of a couple waiting guests. There wasn't a concierge. There wasn't a bellman or valet parking attendant.
The restaurant was an overpriced cafe, though the pool and fitness center were nice.
All in all, if you can get a good deal on Priceline, consider this hotel, but don't expect a true four-star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre can host large scale events and offers free shuttle service to the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel And Conference Centre
- Renaissance Toronto Airport Hotel
- Toronto Renaissance