“Great Airport Option”

Ranked #33 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Airport Option”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business in September.
Check in was a bit long - about a 15 minute wait with 3 front desk agents working but once I got to the front of the line it only took about 30 seconds to get my room key!

Room was on the 5th floor (I think). Room was well appointed with 2 queen beds, table, chairs, lounger, entertainment stand etc. Could have used a mini bar but in all honesty I didn't have time to go downstairs to the bar anyways. The bathroom was actually pretty large for just a standard hotel room. It had a hairdryer, soap, shampoos etc. Everything was very clean in the room. I found my room very quiet and I slept very well in my 2 nights here.

The meeting rooms were fantastic - they have a room no matter what kind of meeting or dinner you are planning. I saw about 4-5 of them and they're all different sizes, including a huge ball room.

There is a nice looking pool that I did't get the opportunity to use, but looked busy.

Around the hotel there are plently of places to walk to eat and drink so you'll never go hungry. The bar at the hotel looked like it was pretty busy all the time.

I thought the hotel staff here was amazing and went out of their way to help you. This is the reason I would stay at this hotel again! Everyone here was amazing.

Room Tip: My room on the 5th floor was very comfortable - nice bed - and very quiet. I slept amazingly which...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Joseph B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback.

We sincerely apologize for your 'Welcome Experience', but are glad your experience after the check-in was great. Our swimming pool is one of the many favourites for our guests, you got to experience it on your next visit.

We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back,

Joseph B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Lower Sackville, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Beautiful room, gorgeous white fluffy bed with nice pillows. I was very pleased with this room, although it was quite pricey. I suppose you're paying for the fact that it is in the airport-so worth it. The bed was my dream bed, my goal in life now is to make my bed just like it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto Ontario
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel prior to flying south for a one week vacation recently. The staff were pleasant and helpful - room was well-appointed and we loved the Sheraton "sweet-sleeper" bed as usual. Had a club level room so enjoyed access in the evening to the lounge - found the evening offerings pretty bland but the coffee was good.
Shuttle service to the airport was quick and painless both ways - we'll certainly take advantage of this in future.

Room Tip: Ask for a runway view room !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and are happy to know you'll loved our "Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds" and overall had a great experience at our hotel. We have shared your Club Lounge experience with our Executive Chef. Feedback is always welcome as we continiously look forward to making great experiences for our guests.

We will look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you'll back,

Wish you'll safe travels always,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed one night at the Sheraton Airport Hotel and Conference Centre before heading out on our motor trip to the Georgian Bay region. I've stayed at this hotel a few times in the past and booked a room on the club floor. This hotel stands out for convenience: close to the airport; good parking; clean and well appointed rooms; comfortable club room with good breakfast selections and evening snacks. The only downside on this visit was a business group who pretty much took over the club room as a meeting spot to prepare for their sales presentation. Other than this, it was a good stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the restaurant, nothing unique but the food was well prepared and tasty, service excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate and thank you for your valued feedback following your stay with us, we also do value your repeated business and loyalty to our hotel and brand. We sincerely apologize for the interruption of our Club Lounge during your visit.

We will look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back!

Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our company stays here yearly for a conference. We have over 300 people in attendance each year and the service is always too notch. If they see you and your roommate use all the towels everyday then they put more in next time. Very thoughtful and attentive staff

• Stayed October 2013
Joseph B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Our sincere thanks for your valued feedback following your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your Loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts and your continued support to our Business.

Thank you, for your very meaningful title for your review "Superb attention and care". We understand you'll had a successfull Conference and we will look forward to hosting your Conference again the following year.

Joseph
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed here on multiple occasions for business.

Pros: Very close to the airport. Close to a few major highways. Front desk staff is fairly friendly. A lot of restaurants around the hotel where you can get food. Breakfast is pretty average. Laundry is really cheap.

Cons: Had an ongoing issue where the cleaning staff would come to my room really early on the day of departure; despite the fact that I did not check out. There was a major power outage and a storm in Toronto on day - and the entire hotel was leaking water. 1 elevator was shut for days. Iron and ironing boards are of very poor quality.

Despite the negatives, for an older hotel, they are not bad.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us, we truly appreciate feedback as we constantly look for opportunities to making our guest experiences more succesful.

We sincerely apologize for the water leakage after the rain storm we experienced in Toronto and also for the inconvenience youv'e experienced due to the non functioning of one of our Elevators that got affected due to the storm. Our Elevator has since been fixed and is in perfect working condition. We also do apologize for the room attendant's entry into your room fairly early in the morning on the day of departure. We have reiterated to our Housekeeping Team on our Standards and am confident you would not have a similar experience again.

Thank you for your positives too in your review, we truly appreciate your Loyalty and your continued Business. We will look forward to your future visits.

Ontario
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. I was again here for a very large conference. I am always impressed at how this hotel can handle the number of people they do in a day. Relatively seamlessly, they manage to serve literally hundreds of conference attendees every day. The food is always quite good, especially when you consider the sheer number of people they serve. This trip, I had a colleague with me who couldn't eat almost anything - no wheat, no dairy, no meat, no gluten... (Good to not be her) ... at breakfast, my colleague asked the staff if they might have something she would be able to eat. Now, keep in mind, they were in the midst of serving hundreds, and my colleague gave them no advanced notice of her special dietary needs for breakfast. Within minutes, the staff produced a carton of soy milk and some cream of brown rice (similar in appearance to cream of wheat). She was delighted with her breakfast. It was fantastic how this very busy staff went out of their way to accommodate their guest. Fantastic job, Sheraton. As for the room, I stayed on the ground floor. The room was clean and had all the amenities I needed: a coffee maker, cable tv, magnifying makeup mirror, comfortable bed, hair dryer... I was right across from the gym/pool area, which is open 24 hours (!) so I could hear the door open and close occasionally, but it wasn't really a big deal. The wifi seemed to be a pay as you go only, but I didn't use it anyway as I have such a great cellular plan. I really like this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to Review our hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and are so glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for appreciating all of our services youv'e personally experienced. Your Loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts and to our Hotel means a lot to us.

We certainly will look forward to many more visits from you, you are always welcome!

Joseph B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#72 of 136 in Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!