“Great place to stay on business”

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #34 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal, Canada
“Great place to stay on business”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been staying at this hotel now for six months almost every other week. The location is excellent within close proximity to the airport and many restaurants. The staff is always warm and welcoming. In the morning when I have breakfast in the lounge I am always greeted with a warm hello and even though it is self serve, the staff knows my likes and I find food on the table waiting for me. The front desk staff is also always extremely helpful, from helping me find local services, or last week I was expecting a Fed ex package that I needed for a meeting. It was being delivered to the hotel and the staff assisted with emails and a phone call to let me know of it's arrival.
The Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel and conference Center serves as a great hub for the business traveler, and offers comforts of hospitality when away from home. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven S
Joseph B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Mr. Steven S,

We truly appreciate and thank you for your Loyalty and your Business. It's our pleasure always, to Welcome you to our Sheraton and rest assured, we will continue our Warm Services and Care at all times.

we look forward to welcoming you back soon again,

Joseph B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I am a Gold SPG member and I had booked into a Club Lounge room to get all the
great extras included.

I went to bed early and slept until 6am then went to get my breakfast in the Club Lounge but there was no oatmeal. Due to my special diet I needed to eat that and did not want buffet. I requested the oatmeal and was told it was not available but it could be brought up to the Club for a cost. I said I would go to the dining room and when I requested a coupon from the front desk, I was told it was "absolutely not possible, unless I wanted to pay for it." This came from the Front Desk Manager who looked down his nose at me while he spoke. I ate something anyway and went back to my room and packed to leave before noon. When I said I was leaving for another hotel, he said that it was fine. I will never go there again and I will tell everyone I know not to go there.

After I told someone else about the situation, a Manager at another Sheraton who said he would phone the manager, I received a phone call at home, of course, I was not home. I did receive an email from the Toronto hotel and was given the choice of 40% reduction on my bill or 3000 points. I took the points to be used for a free stay sometime this coming winter. Terrible public relations from someone who should know better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Joseph B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate your Loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

We at Sheraton, always strive for the best "Customer care" for our guests, we always go above and beyond to ensure Guest Satisfaction. Unfortunately, there was some mis-understanding in regards to your Oatmeal request. As per our understanding, our Associates and Manager on Duty did offer to serve you Oatmeal according to your dietary restrictions without any charge. We apologize that we were unable to provide you with the Full Breakfast Buffet Voucher that you requested, due to it not being included in your reservation.

Once again, we apologize for the misunderstanding and we do hope you will consider visiting us in the near future as we would like you to have a better experience with us.

Castlecrag, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel cost me $A123 on their website as a ‘super last minute pre-paid offer’. Unquote. Room 526 King bedded room July 3, was not a $123 hotel room!

It might be airline crew room grade, but not for anyone else. It was near 1am and we flew out at 7am so was too tired to go down and argue about the room.

I’ve been a Starwood/Sheraton SCI member for 40 years, mostly Gold, and have stayed at 100s of Sheratons, and this room was tired and worn, and the bathroom had not been updated for 30 years is my guess.

No idea where other recent reviewers were staying, but it was NOT in room 526.

First we had local friends drop us off there after dinner downtown. We thought.

They took us at midnight to the Sheraton Airport Hotel – but not this one. Desk staff there tell us there is a shuttle to the one we booked leaving in 5 or 10 mins.

WHY Sheraton persist in having several airport properties (there are more than 2) all with near identical name sis DUMBSVILLE with a capital D.

So at 5 minutes to midnight go down to bag claim area and wait for the alleged midnight shuttle. Which arrives at 12.35am.

We are cold, REALLY tired, and cursing Sheraton having been on planes all day from a 4am start Whitehorse in the Yukon via Vancouver and then straight to dinner in Toronto.

There are better more modern choices I am sure, than this tired, worn, air crew flophouse.

Room Tip: Insist on anything EXCEPT Room 526
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely apologize if our Sheraton has not met your expectations. We certainly will appreciate if you could connect with me directly at your convenience, so we have the opportunity to discuss your stay experience on the whole.

416-675-6100
Saint Thomas, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Although I have never had a negative experience with Sheraton, I had to constantly remind myself that this was simply a Sheraton airport hotel and a business conference centre and not a luxury hotel- the amenities and level of service was simply a standard here, and one that was held that high by the hotel itself, and all staff members that I encountered and had dealings with. Further, the hotel was excellently sound-proofed and the only place that one heard the planes (as it was within minutes of Pearson International Airport; Toronto’s International Airport) was when in the domed and beautiful pool area that also offered a Jacuzzi tub and was just off of a very well appointed fitness area). Being completely domed it made it engaging to watch the planes as they flew overhead. The dome of the pool area was actually quite impressive as a structure, and the area was fun as well as a relaxing and pleasant to spend time in- although the serenity offered by the falls in the atrium was THE PLACE to ‘get your Zen on.’ All areas of the hotel were spotless. The rooms were likewise well appointed, offered all the expected ‘freebies’ and offerings-coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, and Starbucks coffee, bottled waters, as well as the charge-for-use in-room extras. The rooms, like the hotel, were modern and recently redecorated, and were pleasant with new flat screen televisions, eye pleasing décor, sound proofed and extraordinarily clean (it is a non-smoking hotel). Room service was prompt and courteous, and the dining-in option was an equally pleasing experience. The restaurant has a dining area that was separated from the lounge and had glorious and comfortable wingchairs at the tables. The express check-out was also seamless and made what can often be a somewhat aggravating experience absolutely ‘painless.’ I would truly say that an individual would be hard pressed to attempt to not lose sight of the fact that this is simply a Sheraton and not a Luxury Collection selection, as though these amenities by themselves do not ‘make’ a hotel’, when combined with the courteous and every helpful and eager-to-please staff, they certainly offer a world class experience which is welcomed by a harried traveller – always present at any airport hotel. Thank-you so MUCH Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel and Conference Centre – whenever in the area I will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Definitely make the choice of a Club Level Room- this includes free WiFi and access to the member...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Joseph B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear P J Peter,

We sincerely appreciate and thank you for the detailed feedback you have shared on Trip Advisor, following your stay with us. We are so glad you were able to have a thorough experience of our Sheraton and more importantly, you've enjoyed the experience.

We certainly will look forward to welcoming you back and I kindly request for an opportunity to connect with you in person.

Decorah, Iowa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The convenience and quality of this property can't be beat. Excellent both times we've stayed here and the accessibility to both terminals 1 and 3 is superb. The people at the desk were lovely and we enjoyed the bar and restaurants (albeit they are "typically" expensive).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for business at which we attended a couple of workshops. Being a hotel chain I didn’t expect much but the hotel exceeded my expectations especially the meals that we were provided for our workshops. The bar had a nice selection of wines and had a wine tasting at 5 the night we were there. The rooms were pretty standard but spotlessly clean. My room was situated right in the flight path of the runway so I had planes flying overhead until midnite, which didn’t bother me as I can sleep through anything, but if you are a light sleeper it might be an irritant.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Airport Hotel and Conference Centre and would recommend it if you need to host an event or just a place to lay your head.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad we have exceeded your Expectations, we truly appreciate and thank you for your feedback through Trip Advisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. Everything you would want to have an enjoyable time - 24 hour swimming pool, fitness center and 5-6 computers/internet (no charge) . Bus stop right outside hotel which we took to subway and had a great time touring the city .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Joseph B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Jason F,

Thank you truly, for the Recomendation of our hotel, we are so glad you had a great stay with us. Just a note: our Swimming Pool is open from 06:30 am until 11:00 pm daily and our Core Performance Fitness Center is open 24 hours.

We look forward to Welcoming you back soon again,

Joseph
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#72 of 136 in Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!