“Great way to spend a couple of hours”

Toronto Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$28.52*
and up
Small-Group Walking Tour of Toronto's Kensington Market and Chinatown
Ranked #1 of 268 Nightlife in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours about beer, bacon, urban issues, street art and history are our specialty while providing local insight into what makes the city tick and what's cool to see and do in Toronto. Our guides are entertaining and experienced locals who will give you the: Best. Day. Ever.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a couple of hours”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had a great experience with the Kensington Market/Chinatown tour. Jason was the guide on this tour, and he couldn't have been better.

My tour was on a Sunday morning in late April. There were only two others on this tour, so it was quite personal. Kuddos to Jason and Urban Adventures for not requiring a certain number of guests to hold the tour - some companies would have cancelled.

Jason was knowledgable, fun, and very nice. I learned about the history, culture, and cuisine of the two districts on the tour. It was a great orientation to the area -- after the tour I spent a couple of hours continuing to explore further some of the interesting places (and restaurants/cafes) he pointed out.

I would recommend this tour as a unique experience in Toronto that doesn't quite fit into the typical tourist itinerary, and you'll have a lot of fun!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Ryan M

Toronto, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“How to love your city even more...”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

One of the best tours I have been on ever!

I have been living in Toronto for over 7 years now and decided Sunday to hop on an Urban Adventures tour of Chinatown and Kensington Market yesterday. It's amazing the things I did not know or appreciate about the neighborhoods I'd wandered numerous times over the years. Our guide, Jason, had not only a textbook but personal knowledge of the neighborhood and was entertaining to boot. My friend and I, both locals, left the tour feeling so lucky to live in this city and proud to show it off to any tourists we come across.

Great Job Urban Adventures, and thank you!!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Brianne P
Brescia, Italy
“Kensington Market & Chinatown”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Really interesting tour. The guide (Jason) was very nice and knowledgeable. I'll certainly recommend this company. Thanks for the great time!

Bristo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Beer does make History Better!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I booked this tour as it seem different to the usual walking tours experience elsewhere. It also got a thumbs up from my Husband due to the fact it had Beer in the title.

We met our guide Jason who was friendly, welcoming and very knowledgeable about Toronto and of course beer. There were only 3 of us plus Jason which I found really nice as we all got to chat and learn more. We had a fun afternoon learning lots of facts about Toronto and tasted different kinds of beer based on Jasons recommendations, at C’est What, Betty’s and ending the tour at the lovely Distillery District. We even made a quick de-tour to a Sake Bar as we had never tasted this before. The guy we met at that bar was also very knowledgeable about Sake!

We thoroughly enjoyed this tour and would definitely recommend this to anyone. If ever I’m back in Toronto, I will give When Pigs Fry a try!

Toronto, Canada
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Delicious and fun - When Pigs Fry!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a must do if you love eating! We had a great time with our tour guide Jason who showed us great places to eat pig dishes! We went on this tour for a birthday party, but it was so much more. We were informed about this history of each dish we were eating, and we enjoyed a nice walk around Toronto. Thanks for the great food and time!

2 Thank clumsythief