“Great adventure”

Small-Group Walking Tour of Toronto's Kensington Market and Chinatown
Ranked #1 of 269 Nightlife in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tours about beer, bacon, urban issues, and what makes Toronto such a cool place to visit are what we're all about. Since 2010, our expert local guides have led tours for thousands of visitors and locals: single travellers, couples, families, and groups of all kinds through the streets, parks and alleyways to show off the very best of Toronto. We pride ourselves on not only showing off the highlights of the city, but also getting off the beaten path, sharing our local knowledge and giving our guests a better appreciation for Toronto and all that it has to offer. Our public tours run most of the year, with some limited seasonal tours like our "Hockey in Toronto" tour, but we are available for private tours and customized experiences year-round. As part of the Intrepid Urban Adventures group, we have a global reputation and guaranteed departures. Our group size for the public tours is limited to 12 guests per guide in order to deliver the BEST DAY EVER.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

What a great way to see the city. My daughter and I had a wonderful time with James. Favorite place was Betty's; thanks for the nachos.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Jason was our guide at the start of June. Just four of us in total including Jason and another visitor. I'd really recommend this tour as a lovely relaxing way to get a feel for Toronto, some good food (and drink, but that was optional) and chat about the area, music, beer, street art...

Being a small group tour the conversation developed according to the interests of the people there and Jason knew enough about Toronto to personalise the tour and let the conversation flow in whatever direction we wanted, all wrapped around the basic structure of the piggy food tour.

This is the second food tour that my husband and I have been on. Both were booked for the start of the holiday and proved really useful in helping to get our bearings in a new city and ideas for where to explore further later in the week.

I'd recommend this tour, and will look out for Urban Adventures food tours in other cities in the future too.

1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Jason our tourguide took us through a small part toronto. Told us a bit about the history and what toronto has with pigs. Funny and some personal stories make it a excellent tour to see Toronto in a different way. And ofcourse some excellent food. You deffinitly don't need diner after.

1  Thank Sanne B
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I went on the beer walking tour, and it was fantastic!
it was just me and my friend on the tour with the guide (whose name was Dan, I believe) and we had a blast! the bars we went to and the beers were amazing, and I really feel like I learned a lot. Dan was very fun and informative and was easy to talk to. he made everything enjoyable and comfortable, even though it was just the three of us for 3.5 hours. he seemed to really know his stuff, and we could tell he enjoyed what he was talking about.
all in all it was a great way to spend an afternoon, and I will definitely be booking other Urban Adventures tours in the future.

1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Beer seriously does make history better! I'm a Toronto resident, and I was amazed at all the new facts I discovered about the city I live in. It was a fun and unique way to learn about a period in Toronto's history, and how beer fit into it! Very cool. Our tour guide, James, definitely knew his stuff. And there was great beer! What more could you ask for?

I'd say it's an easy walk for anyone with a moderate level of fitness, but don't forget, you'll be drinking beer! I paced with about a pint for each stop and felt great.

1  Thank smnv