“I love this place!”

Ranked #7 of 532 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Once housing city hall, this Victorian building is surrounded by other historically significant architectural gems.
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The market is simply Amazing! I have used the market for a couple of years now and it never fails to disappoint. The atmosphere on a Saturday morning is buzzing with everyone out to get themselves a bargin.
The counters are always looking pristine and the fruits and vegetables look amazing too. There are several vendors selling food varying from a filled bagel to an enormous Italian sandwiches!
The international stores downstairs is where you can find all sorts from around the world. Recently I was searching for some Indian food products and after looking all over TO, the market was the best place.
Go take a look and you will be amazed! Check out Saturday mornings across the road for the farmers market! I love the seasonal produce bought into the city and it is super fresh!

Write a ReviewReviews (10,653)

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Visited the market which is very famous and has a range of different foods. Make sure you try the fish and chips - these we're fantastic.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

the best peameal bacon sandwich, so many vendors, its clean, fresh fruit and veg piled high, Montreal style bagels, good meat and fish, very clean

Reviewed 30 October 2012

What a bounty of colors, flavors, sounds and spices! It makes us sad that we don't have places like this in California. Just a great place to wander around in and enjoy.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I searched this out just because I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I was so impressed, I designed a dinner just so I could go back there and shop!
On my first visit, I had a fantastic juice at a whole-food stall in the lower ground floor, accompanied by a beetroot and coconut cake which was decorated with an edible flower. Sweet!
I went back to get some fabulous sea food - scallops, Black Shrimp, salmon (obligatory, it is Canada) and cod. Plus I found great potatoes, avocados, and much more than I could carry home.
If I get another chance, I'm going back for some great looking meat and game.