“Great shops all along”

and up
Toronto City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Ranked #39 of 526 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: This bustling street is lined with discount stores and draws a colorful crowd.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great shops all along here and also a good internet place where you can go and spend some time if you haven't brought a laptop on travels with you.

1  Thank musicjukebox

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I'm 58 and still feel like a tourist when I tour on Yonge. I've been walking on Yonge , from Bloor (a mile up from Front St.) down to the waterfront or Front St. for decades; and will continue to do so for as long as I can.
The attraction is the walk.
For me I might spend a few hours at the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) (which is on University Ave/Bloor.) ("Museum" stop on the subway line) (omit this step if museums aren't your thing) then walk about 500 yds east on Bloor to Yonge/Bloor), trespassing the classiest stores on Bloor and seeing the city life that surrounds it all, (just knowing that soon as I hit Yonge and head south down that street for more'n a mile that the environment will be much more lively, gritty and endless.
The Eaton Centre is 2/3 the way down, before that, at 1/3 there's a nice LCBO that sells rye in 6 oz bottles.
All in all when I get back to my favourite hotel (Fairmont Royal York) I'm hoping my wife has done shopping and had a good day herself. We then would plan the evening adventure
All in all I look forward to this as much as anything in Toronto.

4  Thank Milton1667
Reviewed 10 November 2013

all the shopping you can think of……you have the aton centre at the corner of dundas square …..think small time square…..then going north you have many shops some nice some a bit on the trashy side which is kinda of cool also.Then more north you have bloor street (the 5th avenue of toronto).O and lets not forget many restaurants :)

1  Thank torontogirl6910
Reviewed 15 October 2013

An amazing street with some amazing small shops and an inspiring environment in the middle of Toronto. I loved this street.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

During the day at least this to me was simply a lot shopping strip which is duplicated in many cities of the world.
yes, I was informed that at night the place really comes to life but cannot understand why

Certainly it occupied some of our free time walking up and down the street but all we saw were ordinary shops