“Amazing service and amenities!!”

Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
Ranked #38 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Amazing service and amenities!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This is the type of hotel that makes me wish I had a reason to return to Toronto...soon! Our room was beautiful -- updated furnishing...clean...spacious. The doorman who offered to take care of our car while we checked in (even though we weren't planning to do valet parking) was very polite and courteous. The staff who checked us in were friendly and welcoming. Room service was PERFECT. My family teases me because I like my bacon very crispy but can never get it that way -- they wonder why I keep trying to order it well done or even burnt when it always comes pink and wiggly. Well, the bacon I got at this Marriott for room service breakfast was perfect -- crispy and crunchy just the way I like it. But my husband and sons' bacon was also perfect for them -- a bit pink and chewy.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. If they can, they will!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EJPgh_412

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Greek first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The hotel is wonderfully located at the intersection of Toronto's two main subway lines. Our room was comfortable and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom provided nice shelves for us to be able to store our toiletries. Our travel companions stayed in a similar room and experienced a very loud loud air conditioning unit. When they complained about it they were moved to a suite at no extra charge. Service like that is very commendable. Note that the hotel is not really in Yorkville and note also that it is cheaper to park your car yourself in the garage that the hotel uses. Overnight and valet service is $CDN40 and you can park it yourself overnight for about half the cost. The hotel's restaurant seemed very pricey but I must admit I didn't eat there and can't comment on the quality.
Lastly, for a hotel where you can't open a window the air quality was better than average and the controls were easy to use.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sbklaj
Stratford, Ontario
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I found this hotel on Expedia.ca while I was looking for hotels close to the University of Toronto campus. The Marriott is about a 20 minute walk from U of T; and is centrally located. It is close to lots of shopping and restaurants and next door to the subway. My daughter and I found the staff to be cheerful and helpful. We arrived early in the day, but they found a room for us anyway. Check-in was at 3 pm. The room was spacious, clean and had a nice view of a garden. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was pristine. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant on our last day there. It is called Matisse and had been decorated with trompe l'oeil paintings of the artists' work and of a fireplace and curtains around the doors. The breakfast was delicious: blueberry pancakes with eggs and bacon. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor should give you a nice view of the garden.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ReluctantSherpa
USA
Reviewed 11 June 2012

For a four-star hotel, this was not up to expectations. The good: location, Marriott's beds are comfortable. The bad: service - e.g., concierge was useless and actually told us that we should have saved our paper from the morning.

We did not use the valet parking ($35/day) since we figured we would take Toronto's public transit and did not need the in-and-out privileges. I'm glad we didn't. The self-service parking (the parking garage) was significantly less and for three days (Friday-Sunday) it totaled $44. I think all the nickel and diming (like $14/day for wifi access) left a bad taste in my mouth. I know it's not atypical for a four-star hotel to charge extra where it can, but when the service is not up to par, it just seems ridiculous. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hounds
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed with my fiance as I was attending a conference downtown. The hotel is easy to locate, inbetween Yonge and Church on Bloor. The subway access for Yonge is visible from the hotel entrance. The hotel offers valet parking or self serve parking. The self serve, unfortunately, is not connected via elevator to the inside of the hotel, so you have to walk around 1/2 a block; however access is very easy. Front door staff will offer to hold your bags until you park so that you don't have to tote your luggage around the parking garage and building.

Check in was a breeze, our room was ready. We were quite a walk away from the elevators. If you have mobility concerns, you may want to request a room closer to the elevators, as the hotel floors sprawl around a courtyard, so there's a potential for a bit of a walk to your room. Also, there is frequent outdoor noise due to the central location of this hotel...so don't be surprised to hear trucks unloading/traffic.

Our room was clean, well appointed, and spacious. The bed was fantastically comfortable and the updated flat screen television was lovely. Granite countertops and dark wood were in our bathroom. The bathroom was not overly spacious, 2 people would find it a challenge to get ready at the same time, but there are plenty of outlets/mirrors within the room.

My fiance reported that the gym had a nice universal machine, free weights, and fitness facility quality cardio machines. He also enjoyed the sauna.

I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have mobility concerns, you may want to request a room closer to the elevators, as the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank speechiekeen
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This was your average hotel, nothing really stands out to make it amazing. The room we had was updated with a nice bathroom, and the bed was good and tv was perfect size. However the doors must be made of paper because all we could hear in the morning were the cleaning ladies and room service carts. It was not a very enjoyable way to wake up. The location is pretty good there is a great lounge directly across the street that has a wonderful menu and a great patio!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Short of staff resulted in 90 minute delay for checkin. The AC in the room didn't work. Staff did their best and I was given a different room and not charged for one night of a two night stay. Hotel needs to be refreshed. Gym is new and excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo