“Great location”

Ranked #36 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Ontario
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed there because we got a decent deal for the area (and Toronto in general). The hotel and room was very clean and the bed was very comfy. The room was a decent size and it was very quiet.

Some tips: on the hotel website, only $35 valet parking is mentioned. There is a self-park option for $20 in the same building.

There is a grocery store right outside that sells a lot of prepared meals and a food court. No need to spend insane amounts of money in the hotel restaurant or on room service (seriously? $20 breakfast? Who even orders that!).

There is free wifi in the lobby but it's $13 if you want it in the room. I found that disappointing to have to pay this much for wifi in the room and it was not worth the cost.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alice669

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Greek first
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I come to Toronto from the West fairly often. normally I stay at another chain but because I had a conference at this Hotel I stayed. The good: rooms are very clean and comfortable with modern TV and comfortable furnishing. Unless you are a Marriott Points member there is a charge for WiFi.
The Bad: no in room coffee makers - if you want coffee it's either room service or the lobby. honestly in this day and age what hotel does not have in room coffee. I came here in the depth of winter and did not want to go outside. I knew there are restaurants in the area and the hotel is in easy access to the subway. It chose to have dinner in the hotel's restaurant - ouch - the food was very good but overpriced for what you got. maybe Toronto does seem expensive. Overall if you want a clean room, in a hotel that is well located and easy to get to then this Marriott is fine. I would not say however that it would be my first choice when I come back

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cicero12
DirGuestCare, Guest Relations Manager at Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I am glad that your overall impression were favourable. We do have coffee makers and refrigerators in all of our guest rooms. If we had removed one for any reason without replacement, it would have been an oversight that I apologize for. I hope that if your travels should bring you to the Yorkville area again that you would choose us.
Best Regards,
London, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I go to this hotel each time I am in Toronto. The staff is very nice, rooms are of a good size and clean. Bathrooms are updated and the beds are amazing. Location could not be better for shopping, restaurants and subways. Great value!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Mississauga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

If you have stayed at a Howard Johnson or any budget chain, you would feel about the same except the Mariott is a more expensive version. Parking is between $20-30 per night which is high for uptown.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless it's on sale or you really need to be in the Yorkville area.

Yorkville itself is worth the visit. High end shops and restaurants.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bansheeman
DirGuestCare, Guest Relations Manager at Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Toronto's Yorkville area has lots of exciting things to do .....for everyone. We consistently review our hotel charges compared to others in the neighbourhood. Our valet parking rates are the same or less than others in our immediate area. I do hope that you had an otherwise enjoyable stay and will choose us again as a base for future stays in the Yorkville area.
Best Regards,
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Marriott enjoys a great location on Bloor street, with lots of shopping and dinner options around. The rooms was well appointed and modern, with a great bed, an in-room safe and a terrific shower. WiFi was not free but the fee covers multiple devices. Staying for one night, I did not have a chance to visit the gym or other facilities but as a business traveler I found the hotel to be one of the best in Toronto.

Room Tip: Get a high floor facing the back.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Other than getting lost in this place it's really nice and clean. Close to where we wanted to be and lots if parking available ($15/day) room is clean and bright and the bed was so comfortable I wish I had it at home. We booked in Hotwire and wasn't really sure what to expect but very happy with this hotel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I recently just stayed at this hotel and can see myself staying here a lot in the future. I live approx. 40 minutes outside the GTA but am downtown a lot for concerts, visiting friends etc.
My stay at this hotel was extremely pleasant. Staff at the front desk were quick and efficient, and gladly made a room change for us when we requested something on a higher floor. Our room was a bit further from the elevator than I would have preferred, but this wasn't a deal breaker, and a little bit of a longer walk never hurts. If walking is difficult for you though, request a room near the elevators.
Our room was warm, very clean and beautifully designed. All the furnishings and touches were modern and up to date. Beds were very comfortable, and the blankets were so cozy and warm.
Check out was a breeze, staff were very efficient.
I only have two gripes about this hotel. First is parking. There is underground public parking and hotel valet parking. We chose public parking as we were told it would be around $20 or so, not the case. We checked in on Thursday at 4:00 and checked out Friday morning at 10:00 and parking cost me $40, which was the same price as valet. Next time I'll just go with valet, especially since it has in and out privileges. Next issue is a common one amongst many hotels, but I have huge issues with a hotel charging $13 for 24 hour access to wifi, this to me is insane. I believe wifi should be complimentary to your guests, especially at this hotel where the nightly rate is higher than the average hotel room. If data is an issue, limit each room to specific amount of data, should the guest go over this limit, then they should be prompted to pay.
I have another event to attend to in a few weeks, and I will definitely be choosing this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends