“Great location - staff & breakfast”

Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
Ranked #34 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Short 2 day Easter break in central Toronto - hotel was well positioned over a subway station And on Bloor street which is the centre of shopping. Rooms great and breakfast was the highlight - great variety and quality.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just returned from a two night stay at the Marriott Bloor. The front desk staff were very efficient and friendly. We found our room to be very spacious, clean and loved the decor. The location was perfect and had access to the subway from within the hotel. Would definitely return!!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here over the Easter long weekend and had an excellent experience. The front desk and cleaning staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and spacious. Many reviewers claim the hotel and rooms are dated, but I did not get this impression at all. The location is also great. The weather was nice so we walked everywhere (Yonge street, Eaton Centre, Air Canada Centre, Cabbagetown), but there is a subway station right nearby. We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Catherine B
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a very average hotel, in a very great location... The decor is dated, right down to the 70's shiny veneer'd desk and the room doors that will take you back to your grandma's house.

There is only one set of elevators for the older part of the hotel, so it's a marathon to get to your room. The elevators to the parking garage were "out of service for 6 weeks".

The person that checked us in was detached, while not unfriendly. But a greeting and smile would have been nice.

The bathroom was spotless and the rest of the room seemed clean. However, there is significant noise from adjacent rooms, which interrupted our sleep considerably.

I think we would stay again simply due to the awesome location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DirGuestCare, Front Office Manager at Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Ambi66 - Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to our hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you found our location to be convenient for you, however, we are disappointed to learn that you found our property to be dated. We are due for some interior renovations in the near future, so that is something we are looking forward to begin.

One of our parking elevators has been out of order for scheduled upgrades, but there has always been one operating elevator during this upgrade.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

When I entered the Marriott Bloor i was greeted by the friendly front desk agent Tamara. Her smile lit up the room. She checked me in effortlessly and I was quickly on my way to my room. The next day i needed help with my bill and Tamara went out of her way to make sure my receipt was correct. Its nice to stay at a hotel with competent staff. After a long drive in it was nice to be greeted by a smiling face. We will definitely return. Thanks for a great stay.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had generally a fairly good stay here recently when my condo was undergoing some work. I'm a Marriott Gold and found the Elite recognition to be excellent. The staff really went out of the way to make sure I was happy and enjoying my stay.

The rooms themselves are just a little bit on the dated side. I would call it problematic yet, but it's not quite luxurious either. The beds though are of the same high quality I've come to expect from Marriott's all over the world.

If you're visiting Toronto, this is an excellent location to stay. Very close to transit to go anywhere you want, as it's at the junction of Toronto's two proper subway lines.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Olivia in the bar was super nice...making me feel welcome at the hotel. She was able to recommend a nice wine that I really liked and made for a relaxing evening showing an interest in me asking me where I was from etc...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Toronto hotels
InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
Downtown West
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto
Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville

Been to Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel

Address: 90 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A7, Canada
Region: Canada > Ontario > Toronto > Midtown
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#25 Family Hotel in Toronto
#25 Business Hotel in Toronto
#25 Luxury Hotel in Toronto
#31 Romantic Hotel in Toronto
Price Range: £113 - £289 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel 4*
Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville is a top choice among Yorkville hotels, located in the heart of Yorkville, which is Toronto's fashionable downtown area. In Yorkville, guests can enjoy shopping, dining, and entertainment in an area known for vibrant shops and venues. Our Yorkville hotel's location puts you in the middle of it all. You have direct access to the Yonge and Bloor subway too, plus we offer newly renovated guest rooms and beautiful public spaces for relaxing in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Toronto