Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
US$264
US$223
  • Restaurant
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$252
  • Breakfast included
US$163
US$153
1,206 results
All reviewsmatisse restaurantcarol lynnsubway stationthe concierge loungehigh end shoppingvalet parkingroom servicefront desk staffthe royal ontario museumhotel lobbyconvenient locationself parkvalet servicebed was very comfortableper daybit datedupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Generally I love Marriotts and I also adore Toronto so we thought this would be a great combination, but instead came away with an empty feeling. This hotel location IS super. The room was typical Marriott with nice decor, amenities, a fridge, tea and coffee equipment and even a free morning newspaper which was NOT USA Today (well, we were not in the USA were we!) BUT staff was lacking much happy enthusiasm, the parking at $35 a day is outrageous (and the bellman said if we self-parked we'd get a better deal, which we did not) and the TV and WiFi were both utter jokes. At $13+ a day we asked for our WiFi money to be refunded --- it really was THAT bad and slow. It failed to connect, stay connected and when it did Speedtest showed barely one meg of download. Had we been here on business we'd have been out of luck totally. Add to that the TV was not much better with signals pixilating into nothing, several times the screen going blank and it saying "no signal". Again, a multi-million dollar hotel I had to turn on the radio on to get a newscast! Aside from the above, the room slept well, bathroom and shower were great and the hotel was Marriott quality, but due to the above I'd give it three, not four stars!!!

Room Tip: Best tip: ask for something close to the elevators...the halls are endless and we were a LONG walk in room 626!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
DirGuestCare, Guest Relations Manager at Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Lilamadison:

Thank you for your feedback. The location is super for a business or leisure trip to Toronto.

I am sorry that parts of your stay made you walk away with an "empty feeling".

I would be pleased to hear from you to follow up.

I can be reached at 416.515.2586,

Best Regards,
Susan A
Director of Room Operations

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at - Toronto-wise, it's located on the very north border of downtown, while, in reality, giving faster subway access than some of the hotels downtown where you'd be confronted with dense traffic. This hotel is more convenient to much better shopping, restaurants, museums than you'd get downtown.

The rooms are renovated, clean, and well-sized for Toronto.

The hotel restaurant is mediocre and way over-priced for what is served (food & alcohol) - unless you're in a pinch, you're far better served going anywhere else in the area to eat/drink than the hotel...even if you are in a pinch - there's a pub directly across the street (the Spotted Dick) which serves cheaper/better food/drink.

The staff at the hotel (including the restaurant) is extremely professional and friendly.

The fire alarm goes off quite a bit - because this hotel is attached to a complex with an underground mall, office buildings, apartments, condos attached to it. Protip: if the fire alarm goes off, just stay in your room. Don't bother evacuating.

If you want a cab - if you walk directly out the front doors onto Bloor St. you'll find a cab sitting there - I give this tip b/c it's way faster than if you call a cab from the hotel (weird, I know).

This is a great hotel to stay at in Toronto

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights as an in-town getaway, received excellent service. I am a Silver Elite member, and thought I received free internet (still have to check this). When I mentioned this to the front desk staff I was told only Platinum members got it, but she would give it to me complimentary for this stay! I was also upgraded to a suite upon check-in, which was beyond my expectations. The room was spacious and although the hotel is old, it is well kept. I also wanted to book a haircut, so I called the concierge, Angie, and she was very helpful. Even though it was 5pm on a Sunday she was able to book me an appointment for the following morning. She was polite, and worked extra hard to work around my schedule. Overall my stay was very good, but the service I received was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had a lovely stay at the Marriott Bloor in Toronto. Very friendly staff, very convenient to the subway station in the mall down stairs, and a great little food market next door. Perfect jumping point to the entire city!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a getaway in the city. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the bed was very comfortable. The kitchen found out we were there for our anniversary and sent a cheese and fruit platter to our room. Talk about going above and beyond. The location of the hotel is ideal. Perfect start off point for anywhere in the city. We can't wait to stay at this hotel again for a city get away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple