Neill-Wycik Backpackers Hotel
US$330
US$314
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Ok so I read a lot of comments that could've made me rethink my choice but we were on a budget, we only need a place to spend one night and we needed to be downtown Toronto.

It turned out to be perfect. Nothing luxurious, it's a dorm! You get a coupon for free breakfast (you can pick 4 items of the choices offered: bagel, croissant, yogurt, juice, milk etc. fair amount of choices) and I got the parking for 10$ a night, which turned out to be perfect as well since we walked around and didn't need the car.

One negative point: I did find a hair that wasn't mine on the bed in my room (there was two twin beds and not much space to walk around) but you can ask for clean linen at the front desk and they'll give them to you no problem. Bring your own towels and since they offer shared bathrooms, bring flip flops to take your shower (tub isn't super clean)

You can also go to the 22nd floor there's a terrace and a barbecue, with a nice view of the city.

If you can afford a hotel, good for you - if you're on a budget, and only staying a couple nights, this one is just as fine!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

If you want to experience how Canadian students live - have to live - than stay here. it's a big complex building, staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. check out the rooftop terrace! they have parking lots as well. WiFi is not included - 4 $Cad per 24 hours

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Viktoria U
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The worst experience of my life. The place is very dirty. I had a reservation for one month, but I stayed for few days.
I gave up staying there when I saw a rat inside my room. I Wish I had never been there...

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Renata d
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had 2 days in Toronto after a lovely trip to Vancouver so I booked some budget accomodation to save a few pennies. When I arrived the staff were very informative (if a bit militant) and they gave me details of my room/breakfast/wi-fi etc.
The rooms itself was very small, a hard bed and a pillow which was about as soft as a breeze block. The bathrooms were basic but clean.
I was impresssed with the breakfast and a choice of 4 items from cereals, yoghurts, croissants etc. which is why I have given this an 'average' rating.

Room Tip: If it's in the summer bring a fan as the rooms get warm! They're also a bit noisy at times so ear plugs are also a good idea!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I wouldn't stay there again.
I stayed in the 22nd floor and the A/C didn't worked and it was really really hot in the room.
Also my bed wasn't really clean there were hairs on my pillow and I didn't feel comfortable with that.

What i can say is that the breakfast is pretty good and I liked it that the reception is 24h open :)
Also the location was pretty good :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends